Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars VII : The Force Awakens

There's an incredible amount of detail in this 10,000-brick Lego Millennium Falcon

Lego's official "Ultimate Collector's Edition" of the Millennium Falcon is the second largest official set the company has ever released, with nearly 6,000 bricks. This version of the iconic Star Wars ship, comparatively, is comprised of 10,000 bricks — and that's without a roof to worry about.

PICS & article here http://www.theverge.com/tldr/2015/5/...n-10000-bricks
    Retired.

Lupita Nyong'o's Star Wars: The Force Awakens Character Revealed In New Image http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Lupit...age-71399.html

Retired.

Star Wars' Geekiest Sounds Merge Together In A Very Cool Supercut http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Star-...cut-71407.html
    (VIMEO VID included)
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 05-12-2015 at 05:12 PM.
    Retired.

What Star Wars Deleted From Luke Skywalker's Original Story

17-minute Biggs Darklighter (Luke's childhood friend) documentary http://www.cinemablend.com/new/What-...ory-71390.html (VIMEO VID included)
    Retired.

Last edited by Rev Jones; 05-13-2015 at 05:12 AM.
    Retired.

Carrie Fisher’s Daughter Not Playing Young Leia

One of the persisting rumors for J.J. Abrams’ Star Wars: The Force Awakens is that the film will break franchise tradition and be the first in the saga to feature flashbacks during its narrative. In fact, a supposed complete cast list seemed to confirm as such, as one of the characters on it was “Young Luke Skywalker.” In recent months, a description of a possible flashback sequence was made public, but the speculation about looks into the past goes back nearly a year ago, when Carrie Fisher’s daughter Billie Lourd joined the cast.
    For obvious reasons, many people jumped to the conclusion that Lourd was being brought in to portray a younger version of Princess Leia, but there’s been little word on the development ever since. Now, Lourd herself has come out to put the kibosh on the belief she’s playing the character her mother made famous all those years ago.

While promoting Scream Queens, Lourd spoke with ET and provided a very definitive take on the situation:
    “That’s a lie. That’s a rumor. I wish I played a young princess.”
    Now, this isn’t a confirmation that there won’t be a Leia flashback of any kind during the run time of The Force Awakens, but it does seal the deal that Lourd would not be the actress in that scenario.

In all honesty, this isn’t all that surprising. Putting the focus on the new guard of Finn (John Boyega), Rey (Daisy Ridley), and Poe Dameron (Oscar Isaac), the new Star Wars film will be busy establishing the future of the franchise instead of showcasing what took place before. The one rumored flashback (the aforementioned “Young Luke” one) at least sounds like it serves some purpose in the overall plot. Based on what we know about Episode VII, it’s hard to see how a look into Leia’s past would advance the story.

So if Lourd isn’t going to be a fresh-faced Leia, who is she playing? When pressed for answers by ET, she obviously couldn’t say much about the role, but her brief quote is fairly telling nonetheless:
    “I can’t talk to you about the character, or the lack of character. I didn’t even say that. That was too much.”
    That Lourd considers it “too much” to tease the lack of a character would seemingly indicate that her screen time is quite brief. One of the more plausible outcomes is that she’s playing a young member of the First Order or Resistance, a background part that will barely register to those not explicitly looking for it. The best case scenario is that she is one of the featured fighter pilots in a space battle of some kind (think Wedge Antilles), which is a small enough role to not be a big deal, but large enough for her to be noticed. It remains to be seen who she’ll play, but fans shouldn’t expect to see much of her.

And this shouldn’t exactly be a shock to anyone that Lourd’s part is probably minimal. We’ve seen two trailers and her face hasn’t appeared in either one, and there are still other “main” actors (like Andy Serkis and Domhnall Gleeson) we’re waiting to learn more about (seven months away from release).

Given her family ties, Lourd’s inclusion in the film is a cool nod to the series’ storied history, but with the Force Awakens leads and supporting players pretty much set in stone at this point in time, the primary ensemble is big enough now to get the sequel trilogy underway. Unlike many things Star Wars, there isn’t much speculation to be had here.
    Retired.

IronSheik

Default The Force Awakens’ crushes records, makes $50 million in U.S. in one night

guess that $4 billion Disney paid is gonna pay itself off soon...

The Force is unstoppable. Per Variety, Star Wars: The Force Awakens made an estimated $50 million to $55 million in the United States on Thursday night, thus smashing the previous one-day box office record for a Thursday night opening. Previously, the record for biggest Thursday night opening was held by Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2, which raked in $43.5 million on its Thursday opening in 2011. Additionally, The Force Awakens has already sold $100 million worth of advance tickets, which means it’s made back half of its $200 million budget.

The Force Awakens didn’t just kill it in the U.S. either, of course — it also reportedly grossed over $14 million in the U.K. and Ireland in its first day of release, which also represents a record opening for the movie. The film is certain to continue breaking records as more box office data from around the world rolls in, as it is easily the most highly anticipated movie of the year.

The Force Awakens stars newcomers Daisy Ridley and John Boyega, as well as longtime favorites Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher and Harrison Ford. The film takes place roughly 30 years after the end of Return of the Jedi.

Saw this today.

Spoilers****

My thoughts on the movie. The only reason this is getting rave reviews is because of nostalgia. The plot is similar to Episode 4 actually its pretty much the fucking same.

Its a decent movie, i can say its better than the prequels but that isn't saying much. I didn't like the main bad guy, up to a point its like yeah his ok, then he turns into a disgruntled youth. The part which got to me the most was how the main girl without Jedi training was already at master level.

The action and effects are great, seeing the old characters brings a lot of nostalgia and it is a good thing, i mean in the movie theatre people were cheering when the old characters appeared. It was also the most packed i had seen a movie theatre, couldn't fucking breathe in there.

The thing with star wars is that its a great cinema experience the visuals, the sound its all very epic. The movie has its flaws, its cheesy from time to time, I just wish it could of had a different darker plot.

Old School

Quote Originally Posted by HANZO View Post
    Saw this today.

Spoilers****

My thoughts on the movie. The only reason this is getting rave reviews is because of nostalgia. The plot is similar to Episode 4 actually its pretty much the fucking same.

Its a decent movie, i can say its better than the prequels but that isn't saying much. I didn't like the main bad guy, up to a point its like yeah his ok, then he turns into a disgruntled youth. The part which got to me the most was how the main girl without Jedi training was already at master level.
    Re: plot, symmetry plays a huge role throughout the entire saga.

Re: Kylo Ren being a disgruntled youth. That was sort of the point...throughout the film, they show him struggling to find his identity, trying to reconcile his decision to be bad with the good he still feels inside of him, physically lashing out and destroying things everytime he becomes frustrated. The way he taunts Rey, then succumbs to his own fears and inadequacies during their battle. Then it all becomes clear when his master recalls him to complete his training. At this point, he is the equivalent of Luke in Empire Strikes Back. Partially trained, unable to control his emotions or powers, etc.

So it's not at all that Rey is a master without any training...Kylo warns that she is discovering her powers and becomes more dangerous with each passing moment. Then, during the battle with a partially trained, but very unstable and emotionally lost Kylo, she is just more capable of embracing the force. If you notice, their light saber battles resemble Luke vs Vader rather than the over-choreographed battles of the prequels. Neither are highly skilled warriors yet.

what exactly did I just watch lol
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    Retired.

Retired.

IronSheik

Default Salaries: Harrison Ford reportedly paid 76x more than Daisy Ridley

"Star Wars: The Force Awakens" is raking in the $$$ at the box office, but not all of its stars have the paycheck to reflect the windfall.

An initial report from the Daily Mail outlined the salaries of the major actors in "The Force Awakens."

Variety checked those figures and here's what sources told them:

Harrison Ford received an eight-figured paycheck ($10-20 million).
    Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill made salaries in the low seven-figure range.
    Oscar Isaac and Adam Driver got mid- to high-six figures (above $500,000).
    Daisy Ridley and John Boyega earned something between $100,000-$300,000.

That would mean Ford possibly made a whopping 76 times more than Ridley and Boyega. Of course, Ford is a huge star, while the younger actors are relative newcomers. Plus, Disney and Lucasfilm opted to create a "legacy pay scale" for returning actors from the original "Star Wars" movies. And the storyline of "The Force Awakens" depended heavily on Han Solo's involvement.

Good movie. Infinitely better than any of the prequels, which are about the most frustrating movies you could watch.

Han Solo dying totally blows though it does make you really hate the villain. I think this sets up the trilogy pretty well.

FUUUCK I read a spoiler

my own fault though haha

gonna go see this on the 30th

glad to see you enjoyed the movie Sha
    Retired.