Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Better Tomorrow

Default A Better Tomorrow

The title track is so ill.

Meth kills it.

Masta Kill kills it.

The Chorus is so ill. SO beyond anything i would expect wu to come with. So cool to see how far RZA has come. This track is just mad emotional. Pure positive vibes.

The composition is just super ill man.

Raekwon, no matter how much he hates RZA's beats, why the fuck does he always rhyme better than he ever has in his solo career since the first CL? I haven't enjoyed a Rae verse like this, since Gorgeous. For once he's not rapping about selling crack and driving expensive cars. And his flow isn't monotonous like it his in most of his other shit.

I just don't understand how these cats like Rae, can be content with themselves making the same old music? Does it never bore him?

It's astounding how ignorant he is...that he can't see the bigger picture and RZA's vision on A Better Tomorrow...that he still wants to make "punch you in the face" music. Shit...i love punch you in the face music, but Rae can't even make good punch you in the face music on his own.

Cappa is dope too! Always weird...

and i'm super excited for Meth's next album...he sounds hungry!

rant over.
    It's the god, god.

Yeah if Meth brings the same energy on his own album we're golden, but thing is, I think Meth is more of a team player so he reaches higher levels of energy on group albums and with Red than on some of his solo joints (Prequel, 4:21). We'll find out some time next year (hopefully!)

Regarding ABT, the song ... the more I play it, the better I like it. When the sound snippets were first upped I thought it sounded corny but as a full song it works well, also in the context of the album

You make valid points about Rae. Great post.
    Retired.

FRESH FISH

I agree with you! The song and album is really good and is growing on me more every day. I really hope Rae focuses and get's out there and promote this album , or at least don't talk shit in the interviews. I've never heard RZA talk negatively about Rae's solo work, which we all know is a crazy hit and mostly miss bag of music. I mean, on his own he's never reached the heights he did with RZA's production and or direction. His Shaolin VS Wu-Tang album isn't that strong, and I never heard RZA come out negatively against the album or him for making it. I'm sure he had an opinion about Rae trying to use his brand against him.

Thanks for speaking on this point.

shaolin shadowboxer Frank Drebin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    Allah is my bitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodman View Post
    Can’t stand Cilvaringz, by the way.... It’s never us coming with the gimmicks. It’s always on the outside, a "B" Wu guy or somebody like that coming with some crap that’s just so gimmicky. It makes you scratch your head and say, ‘Why Wu-Tang?’ when it’s not Wu-Tang.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    That's a guy in those pictures who's a woman?

PRODIGAL SUN

^haha. This would of been a good parody thread if Raekwon was on the original 'A Better Tomorrow'.

To be fair, Rae has never said that Rza doesn't make good beats anymore. He just doesn't really agree with all the experimental shit Rza pushes. Rae sounds really strong on this album, because unlike many other member, he picked and chose what he wanted to be on.. Any MC is going to sound better on a track they are really feeling as opposed to something they just got on because they were instructed to be on.
    Emotions are for the weak, so I sold mine to the highest bidder.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulless View Post
    To be fair, Rae has never said that Rza doesn't make good beats anymore. He just doesn't really agree with all the experimental shit Rza pushes. Rae sounds really strong on this album, because unlike many other member, he picked and chose what he wanted to be on.. Any MC is going to sound better on a track they are really feeling as opposed to something they just got on because they were instructed to be on.
    Rae and Ghost both chose the tracks they wanted to write too.
    It's the god, god.

^^ I expected a bit more from Ghost on this album. (I guess this is what you are getting at too. If not, sorry for misinterpreting.) The flow is still great, some of his lyrics are becoming average. I hope his new album will be on the lyrical tip, but it would kind of surprise me.
    Retired.

Shaolin Master

Quote Originally Posted by grt05 View Post

The Chorus is so ill. SO beyond anything i would expect wu to come with. So cool to see how far RZA has come. This track is just mad emotional. Pure positive vibes.

The chorus & composition are pretty much just lifted & resung/replayed from the original.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddah_MAC View Post
    The chorus & composition are pretty much just lifted & resung/replayed from the original.

Yeah, still dope though...i like the new context of it.
    It's the god, god.

DuncanHine Monument Cakes CEITEDMOFO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grt05 View Post
    the title track is so ill.

Meth kills it.

Masta kill kills it.

The chorus is so ill. So beyond anything i would expect wu to come with. So cool to see how far rza has come. This track is just mad emotional. Pure positive vibes.

Raekwon, no matter how much he hates rza's beats, why the fuck does he always rhyme better than he ever has in his solo career since the first cl? I haven't enjoyed a rae verse like this, since gorgeous. For once he's not rapping about selling crack and driving expensive cars. And his flow isn't monotonous like it his in most of his other shit.

I just don't understand how these cats like rae, can be content with themselves making the same old music? Does it never bore him?

It's astounding how ignorant he is...that he can't see the bigger picture and rza's vision on a better tomorrow...that he still wants to make "punch you in the face" music. Shit...i love punch you in the face music, but rae can't even make good punch you in the face music on his own.

Cappa is dope too! Always weird...

And i'm super excited for meth's next album...he sounds hungry!

Rant over.
    london faggit rzas new style is trash

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by CEITEDMOFO View Post
    london faggit rzas new style is trash
    Care to elaborate on your opinion
    WU-TANG FOREVER.
    GHANA REPRESENTING

shaolin shadowboxer Frank Drebin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CEITEDMOFO View Post
    rzas new style is trash
    I agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    Allah is my bitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodman View Post
    Can’t stand Cilvaringz, by the way.... It’s never us coming with the gimmicks. It’s always on the outside, a "B" Wu guy or somebody like that coming with some crap that’s just so gimmicky. It makes you scratch your head and say, ‘Why Wu-Tang?’ when it’s not Wu-Tang.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    That's a guy in those pictures who's a woman?

Any news on what effect this album has on "Dark Matter"?

Most of GZA's ABT verses clearly were supposed to be on Dark Matter, did he just throw his leftovers on this record? Or did he take his best verses for the group LP?

On Never Let Go he writes an original verse (which RZA said he fought him over), Necklace also seems to be original (and is probably the best GZA verse in a long time).

Then most of the others seem like Dark Matter verses just thrown over the beat, some actually sound strange like they were recorded over different verses.

Still haven't heard the album except ruckus in B minor.

Just wanted to stress again how Rae killed his verse on A Better Tomorrow.
    It's the god, god.