Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bedazzled

Non Ignorant Math Team

Default Bedazzled

talking about peter cook yesterday reminded me of this classic. one of the funniest movies id ever seen.

it wasnt greatly appreciated at the time probably because it pales in comparison to cooks sketches. cooks not a good actor but hes good at playing comic archetypes and he even said most of the ideas that come into his head are only worth 7-8 minutes. which is why his sketches are better than his movies.

but this film is still great. lots of great witty lines. peter cook and Dudley moores chemistry is amazing Eleanor brons actings really good. lots of funny ideas the highlight being the leaping nuns of st beryl. plus its got a really cool 60s feel and Dudley moores music is amazing plus Stanley donens directing. another bonus is Raquel welch playing Lillian lust the girl with the bust lol.

the story is basically a faustian tale with Dudley moore selling his soul to the devil peter cook so that he can get his dream woman.

I think a lot of people have seen the crappy remake and don't even know about the original. lol I also don't think a lot of yanks know about cook but they know about Dudley moore cuz of 10 and Arthur even though Dudley moore was seen as the clown in pete and duds comedy duo and cook was seen as the intellectual.

some clips from youtube

NON-IGS

Non Ignorant Math Team

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2007...evision.comedy lol found this talking about another cook movie. I can see where the guys coming from but Michael rimmer isn't that bad. just a bit boring at the beginning lol

NON-IGS

Non Ignorant Math Team

NON-IGS

I liked the Arthur movies. I didn't see the Arthur remake with that weird guy, but it got terrible reviews. I haven't seen these bedazzled movies. When I hear of the name, it reminds of that thing that puts rhinestones on clothing.

-

Charles Jones Wisty, why do you have my name? You couldn't think of a name to call yourself? If you're using my name because you like me, that's nice because there's a lot of people on here who hate me. So it's nice to see somebody likes my opinion about different stuff. I've heard of a movie called Bedazzled but didn't Elizabeth Hurley and Brendan Fraser play in that?

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

^^ that was the remake Charles
    Retired.

-

Oh ok. Elizabeth Hurley is a sexy woman. I saw her in Dangerous Ground with Ice Cube and Ving Rhames. That's a good movie. Have you seen it? I like Ice Cube's The World Is Mine song from the soundtrack and I like Keith Murray's Dangerous Ground and KRS One's Perhaps She'll Die songs on the soundtrack. 5th State, check out Brendan Fraser, Michael Keaton, Amber Valetta's movie. I can't think of the name of it but anyway there was a sex scene between Michael and Amber and the funny thing about it was that they fucked while Brendan was laying on the bed next to them and he was sleep because he was drunk hahahahahahahahahahahaha. Another funny thing about that was that Brendan and Amber were married LOL. I think Brendan had a talk with Michael that he wanted Michael to fuck her LOL. Michael and Brendan worked together.

The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

Non Ignorant Math Team

Quote Originally Posted by check two View Post
    I liked the Arthur movies. I didn't see the Arthur remake with that weird guy, but it got terrible reviews. I haven't seen these bedazzled movies. When I hear of the name, it reminds of that thing that puts rhinestones on clothing.
    hahahahaha russel brand, yeah I don't want to see anything hes in either.

Dudley moore was asked who Arthur was based on and cook sitting beside him said me and Dudley said probably lol.

bedazzled reminds u of glue?

Charles Jones Wisty, why do you have my name? You couldn't think of a name to call yourself? If you're using my name because you like me, that's nice because there's a lot of people on here who hate me. So it's nice to see somebody likes my opinion about different stuff. I've heard of a movie called Bedazzled but didn't Elizabeth Hurley and Brendan Fraser play in that?
    yeah im using ur name cuz I like u lol. yeah that movies the remake as 5th state said.

who do u thinks hotter between Raquel welch and Elizabeth hurley?

NON-IGS

Non Ignorant Math Team

NON-IGS

-

Elizabeth Hurley is cuter. 5th State, the movie I'm talking about with Brendan Fraser, Michael Keaton, Amber Valetta is called The Last Time. Amber is hot. She was in Hitch with Will Smith, Kevin James, Eva Mendes. I love Hitch.

Non Ignorant Math Team

also wat do u think of Eleanor bron cj

NON-IGS

-

I don't know who she is.

Non Ignorant Math Team

shes in bedazzled. shes the girl Dudley wants.

NON-IGS

Attack Ships On Fire Sun Tanama's Avatar

Brendan Fraser and Liz Hurley were really funny in this.