Thread: ABT is on time with today

FRESH FISH

Default ABT is on time with today

A Better Tomorrow might not be the best Wu Tang album that could have been made under the circumstances, but it is the most socially relevant album the clan (as a group) has created. ABT isn't grimy but it's definitely timely! Listen to the lyrics. Yes some of those lyrics were delivered somewhat lackadaisical, but I attribute that to all the of internal BS that seems to have enveloped the project. B.U.T. they still managed to create something very necessary and needed.

You might not be able to use this album to turn up at a club but you can use it to turn down some of the bullshit that's going on in the environment.

And if you deal with Mathematics A.B.T. = Allah Born Truth! So this album is adding up to be greater and more substantial than was originally thought.

Born Free #therealbornfree

well, I agree on that, at least ABT has a very good message.

but wait, now the Wu-Tang Clan are conscious rap?

FRESH FISH

Yes they are but that label will always be very flexible with them because they have so many different perspectives and lifestyles... but they have always seasoned their verses and sprinkled deeper ideas in their songs for years.

RZA, Masta Killa, GZA, and Deck have always been at the forefront of those types of rhymes. The affiliates (Killah Priest, Hell/Heaven Razah, Timbo King, and Shabbaz the Disciple) are probably the most overt with it. I think that the more people that embrace the themes on ABT the more likely it would be that the RZA would finally release "The Cure" album...but that project is probably more myth and legend then an actual fact at this point....

I really believe it's a great time to push a conscious awareness. The harsh context in which we're living is becoming more visible and it's only right that Wu Tang is standing on the right side of history.

Born Free #therealbornfree

Scratch all that..... Just give me that Rzarektah 6 feet deep, Odb Brooklyn zoo level of raw.

Last edited by zooruka; 12-08-2014 at 02:25 AM.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by zooruka View Post
    Scratch all that..... Just give me that Rzarektah 6 feet deep, Odb Brooklyn zoo level of raw.
    Zooruka, pls are you the same age as you were in '93? Are you doing the same things as you were doing then? I guess not, same with Wu was well.
    We all grow up and things change, so lets embrace the change, I know it's hard, but we can't always be living in the past.
    WU-TANG FOREVER.
    GHANA REPRESENTING

lol

Woodstock RZA is back

Melf Nederlandse lifestyle & hiphop community. Voor bazen. De beste website van de wereld.[

I Dont Walk I Get Carried kingwu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by biblebullet View Post
    Zooruka, pls are you the same age as you were in '93? Are you doing the same things as you were doing then? I guess not, same with Wu was well.
    We all grow up and things change, so lets embrace the change, I know it's hard, but we can't always be living in the past.
    This

It's as if some expect RZA to bring their youth back or something. It's a solid album, some layers there.

nah, it fucking sucks on all levels bruv

Quote Originally Posted by Longbongcilvaringz View Post
    nah, it fucking sucks on all levels bruv
    I wouldn't go this far... but unfortunately it's closer to sucking than being genius.

Quote Originally Posted by zooruka View Post

Do you even listen to RZArectah during the 6feet deep era? Yes he was raw fo sure, but he had a positive msg within that madness too. RZArecting the mental dead slaves cos brothers were/are sleeping!!

If this is the last WU TANG Album before retiring , this is a major dissapointing album
    Mobb deep retired with a good solid album, its not same as the older ones but its still dope.
    RZA style changed alot since 07 with 8D mixing other blends jazzy rock guitars all that.
    Hes just not making tight hiphop beats no more.

Zooruka, pls are you the same age as you were in '93? Are you doing the same things as you were doing then? I guess not, same with Wu was well..
    It's not about trying to live in the past. Keeping it raw is a mind set, not an age number.

lets embrace the change.
    Never will I embrace the ABT kind of change.

Wu tang Forever !

Quote Originally Posted by iniquity View Post
    It's as if some expect RZA to bring their youth back or something.
    I don't expect rza to bring back my youth. I just don't listen to homo music.

Quote Originally Posted by blaksteez View Post
    Do you even listen to RZArectah during the 6feet deep era? !!
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by blaksteez View Post
    Yes he was raw fo sure, but he had a positive msg within that madness too. RZArecting the mental dead slaves cos brothers were/are sleeping!!

lol @ positive message. You can believe all that if you want, but IMO Rza just use to be raw as fuck.

White 2014 Wu-Tang

Melf Nederlandse lifestyle & hiphop community. Voor bazen. De beste website van de wereld.[