Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FIRST Week Sales for "A better tomorrow"!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow Daene View Post
    you people cannot seriously compare 2007 sales figures with today's. it's fucking absurd. 2014 has seen the lowest record sales across the board in the history of soundscan and all that completely irrelevant bullshit. i think only one album has actually gone platinum this year, so look at it with that perspectve.

if you arent someone with points on this album, or an executive at warner, or anyone else who stands to gain from these numbers being as strong as they can be, you sound really stupid arguing about this shit. first of all, youre checking other men's pockets, we dont do that. second of all, does this help justify you disliking the album? like your lacking conviction needed some support?? fuck outta here. if you do like the album, I dont know how this would affect you unless youre a mindless sheep who's gon start shitting on it and distancing yourself from it cause that's what you think everyone else is doing. i hope no one is truly that lame tho.

dont listen to soundscan numbers. listen to the fucking music - that actually has a chance of affecting you in some way. the numbers , the sales figures do not.
    Yeah we cant. I know your point. But.. 21 500 units!????

This is Wu-Tang Clan on Warner, not Ghostface solo or Raekwon solo. By the way, many people doesnt even know that this album is out. No videos, no promotion from Wu's biggest members Ghost, Meth and Rae.

Wu-Tang still tour US and the rest of the world. You mean that not more than 21 500 people out of USA's 316 million people are excited for enough to buy the new Wu album? How long has it been since Wu dropped an album? Wu-Tang has been ALL over the media this year and last year. Everything from GZA's space adventures in Harvard, Drakes references, RZA being here and there, "once upon a time in shaolin" that dominated the press, Raekwon and RZA beef that actually got alot of attention, and God knows.

I love how some nerds in this forum (and I dont mean you necessarily) says that Wu aint relevant and that we cant expect them to sell more than 20-30 000 first week. The fuck ya'll mean? Wu-Tang have been ALL over the media on 2013 and 2014. Even Swedish clothes-chain H&M sells these Wu-shirts, and people have been repping the W more than EVER since the 90's.

I know that because I've been in Iran, Turkey, Sweden, Germany, Brazil, England and Spain these 2 years.

Some people just cant face that Wu-Tang had a GREAT opportunity and blew it. 2014 was even the right year "mathematically" for the Wu as RZA wouldve said, (2+0+1+4=7 God number) LOL.

However.. I'm very dissappointed..

I'm dissappointed at the mix and mastering on the Wu album, it's horrible. I'm dissappointed at some songs on the album aswell that never shouldn't been on. More of all, I'm dissappointed that RZA brings Nathaniel and people that Wu-fans doesnt respect or appreciate, even though I think Nathaniel got talent.

RZA got the power to bring in Anthony Hamilton and make a FIRE collabo, he could've even brung John Legend for the "a better tomorrow" track, most of these singers and producers would've done it for a cheap price, some wouldve even done it for free. Its crazy how many of todays artists who would've love to work with the Wu who they all been listening to at some point in their life.

I'm just dissappointed. "ABT" has mad potential, and could be ALOT more (I love the fact that the songs actually have concept), if the wu-management just made that EXTRA job. I guess RZA cant fix everything on his own, so this is a collective guilt Wu will have the rest of their lives.
    Last edited by Kanha; 12-13-2014 at 06:40 AM.

speaking about mixing and mastering on this album, I noticed he put an extreme amount of reverb on some of the vocals
    I think that's why Meth sounded a lil drowned out on one of the tracks, it was really noticeable with good headphones
    Last edited by Mumm Ra; 12-13-2014 at 09:33 AM.

Peace CT

Wu is still a household name but not when it comes to selling music. U think the skaters who bought their Wu-Tang shirt at Kohls give a sh!t about ABT or 36 Seasons? Also 75 percent of the people who post on this site didn't buy ABT. Peace

I dunno man, I was digging it at first, it just doesnt seem to hold much replay value
    Last edited by Origin™; 12-13-2014 at 09:22 AM.

do you honestly think the only people that care about wu-tang are the people on this dumb forum??? that is definitely not true at all. i have been ,talking to people about this album ever since it came out, and all of them have been more excited about it (or more forgiving?) than i am.

and it's not just dudes from the 90s. damn! it's not only just DUDES either!

RZA's reaction on first week sales: http://www.sohh.com/rza-on-a-better-...o-do-an-album/