Thread: Chris Rock explains why he teamed up with Questlove for new movie and not Rza

Banned

Default Chris Rock explains why he teamed up with Questlove for new movie and not Rza

he's not saying he wanted to team up with Rza, he's just using him as an example.

How did you two team up for Top Five?

Rock: I love [Questlove]. First, he's a good guy; second, he's a fabulous musician; and most importantly, you can find him. I remember [Jim] Jarmusch telling me stories about Ghost Dog, "Every now and then I had to meet RZA [who did the music for the 1999 movie] at a White Castle in the Bronx and he'd give me a DAT tape." I'm too old to be going to White Castles in the Bronx at four in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    I remember [Jim] Jarmusch telling me stories about Ghost Dog, "Every now and then I had to meet RZA [who did the music for the 1999 movie] at a White Castle in the Bronx and he'd give me a DAT tape."
    Great anecdote. Bet that doesn't happen anymore.

Also reminds me of that J-Zone song which discusses 'Le Chateau Blanc'
    Retired.

-

I wanna see Chris Rock's Top 5 movie that came out today but I'm gonna wait for it to come to video. My woman Gabrielle Union is in the movie as Chris wife. I can't believe Chris becomes interested in Rosario Dawson in the movie because Gabrielle is hot but her character seems like a stuck up golddigging bitch from the previews I've seen LOL. Rosario's hair is ugly in the movie LOL. She's cute though but not cuter than Gabrielle. Cedric The Entertainer, Kevin Hart, Tracy Morgan are also in this and Chris directed it. This is Chris 3rd time directing a movie. He also directed Head Of State with Bernie Mac(RIP)and Robin Givens and I Think I Love My Wife with Kerry Washington. 5th State if you haven't seen I Think I Love My Wife, check it out because Kerry wears some sexy clothes in it. I've never seen her wear clothes like that and her body looked good.

If I was a movie director and I wanted a music artist to do music for my movie, I wouldn't choose Questlove or The RZA hahahahahahahahahaha. Black movie soundtracks aren't good anymore and haven't been good since the 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

Why are the previews for Top Five on TV only 3 seconds long? It doesn't even show what it's about.

Quote Originally Posted by art vandelay View Post
    "every now and then i had to meet rza [who did the music for the 1999 movie] at a white castle in the bronx and he'd give me a dat tape." i'm too old to be going to white castles in the bronx at four in the morning.
    hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    unless islord summons you

the idea of jim jaramusch meeting rza at a white castle in the Bronx at 4am is classic.

I can only wonder what was said at those meetings, RZA being on pcp and all.

Fearless Vampire Killer UNCLE RUCKUS's Avatar

That top 5 is an awesome movie.

-

You saw it Uncle Ruckus? My mom's sister in Cleveland told me she saw it and she didn't like it. She said she wasn't laughing and she said she only liked Cedric The Entertainer's character. I wanna see it but I'm gonna wait for it to come to video.

The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

Has Chris Rock heard Wu Tang music lately? These days he'd be meeting RZA at a juice bar in Beverly Hills.
    Love thy neighbor

Banned

If I was a movie director and I wanted a music artist to do music for my movie, I wouldn't choose Questlove or The RZA hahahahahahahahahaha. Black movie soundtracks aren't good anymore and haven't been good since the 90's.
    RZA's soundtracks have been ill
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

yeah RZA's really ill with the soundtracks imo... the "Ghost Dog" stuff is classic, and the stuff for "Afro Samurai" blows my mind.. the first volume of that was insane on CD/LP too, while #2 had some extremely strong moments. both sounded fantastic in the actual movie/series though.. the stuff he did for "Man With The Iron Fists" was phenomenal too

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!