Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is it still the general consensus that Immobilarity is the worst of the second round

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Default Is it still the general consensus that Immobilarity is the worst of the second round

...of general solo projects?

Banned

i think everyone would say Mr. Xcitement.

Immobilarity isn't that bad. Lex Diamond and Shaolin vs Wu-Tang are much worse

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Yeah, those were pretty awful as well.

Mr X-Citement >> Immobilarity

Platypi on the swarm!! RUSHING PLATYPUS's Avatar

Immobilarity was awful. Especially considering when it dropped. The Wu were still putting out real dope shit left and right when that garbage ass album came out. As far as second solo albums go, Mr Excitement takes the cake as worst, but that came out much later when the Wu's solo shit was mediocre to pretty good at best. I like Lex Diamond and SvsWT much better than Immobilarity.

Fearless Vampire Killer UNCLE RUCKUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    i think everyone would say Mr. Xcitement.

Immobilarity isn't that bad. Lex Diamond and Shaolin vs Wu-Tang are much worse
    Agree with lex diamond Shaolon vs Wu Tangs a dope album wtf?!

Immobilarity isn't that bad, Lex Diamond Story is way worse

Fearless Vampire Killer UNCLE RUCKUS's Avatar

Agree too Immobilarity had some bangers the production wasn't as crazy as Cuban Linx but Casablanca Yae Yo jury and the table were low key bangers and sneakers is fucking crazy! The last 4-5 last tracks wrote awful tho

Old School

Quote Originally Posted by RUSHING PLATYPUS View Post
    Immobilarity was awful. Especially considering when it dropped.
    This is an important point. While it's not as bad as some releases, it was by far one of the biggest disappointments.

nada ignorante

1. Cuban Linx
    2. Cuban Linx II
    3. Immobilarity

the rest is just average to me.
    N.I.

-

Which Wu Tang group member did Mr Xcitement album? I think Ol Dirty Bastard's Nigga Please and Method Man's Tical 2000 were worse than Immobilarity. Immobilarity was disappointing. I know some of ya'll are gonna laugh because I said Tical 2000. I know a lot of ya'll like that album. He had too many skits on that album and the outfit he wore on the album cover is funny. I'm disappointed in Method Man's solo albums because he's a good rapper. I don't understand why he can't choose good beats. Every now and then he'll choose good beats like Bring The Pain and Meth Vs Chef. What's the name of the song he did with Mobb Deep on Tical 2000? I like that beat. I also like Dangerous Ground song on Tical 2000. I don't know why he chose Judgment Night and Break Up 2 Make Up as videos for that album because he could've chose better songs than that for videos.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

Bad beat choice by Rae on 'Immobilarity' as he was trying to prove a point (obviously failed at that). Also pretty poor choice to put American Cream Team on, they didn't have much going for them to say the least. But Rae's lyrics on this album were very good, maybe at an all time career high.

I agree with the posters above who said that Rae had the disadvantage of him being the first general to drop a very different (and in some respects mediocre) album. That label tends to stick to an artist, I think.

Beatwise I like 'Lex Diamonds' better than 'Immobilarity'. A few beats are too commercial maybe, but overall better production than on 'Immobilarity', which suffered from sameness in production on quite a few songs ('Yae Yo', '100 Rounds', 'Casablanca' sound very much alike imo.)

I thought 'Shaolin VS Wu-Tang' was a good album, no complaints here.

Also, Rae doesn't make it easy on himself by always releasing albums which have a very long running time. I think he should consider releasing just a 10-track album, trimming the fat (drum roll).

'Mr Xcitement' was definitely the worst of the second round. That shit is pretty much unlistenable save for maybe three tracks. I was also pretty disappointed by some tracks on INS' 'The Movement'.
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 12-12-2014 at 03:46 PM.
    Retired.

Which Wu Tang group member did Mr Xcitement album? I think Ol Dirty Bastard's Nigga Please and Method Man's Tical 2000 were worse than Immobilarity. Immobilarity was disappointing. I know some of ya'll are gonna laugh because I said Tical 2000. I know a lot of ya'll like that album. He had too many skits on that album and the outfit he wore on the album cover is funny. I'm disappointed in Method Man's solo albums because he's a good rapper. I don't understand why he can't choose good beats. Every now and then he'll choose good beats like Bring The Pain and Meth Vs Chef. What's the name of the song he did with Mobb Deep on Tical 2000? I like that beat. I also like Dangerous Ground song on Tical 2000. I don't know why he chose Judgment Night and Break Up 2 Make Up as videos for that album because he could've chose better songs than that for videos.
    U-God did 'Mr Xcitement'. 'Nigga please' and 'Tical 2000' were definitely better albums. Yeah, 'Tical 2000' had a ridiculous amount of skits. The Mobb Deep collabo you are thinking of is 'Play IV Keeps'. I liked all of the posse cuts on this album, and most solo songs too actually. Just maybe two or three corny songs on that album.

'Nigga Please' had ODB's energy going for it. Some of the beats were hot, some were garbage. The fact that The Neptunes managed to get an album's worth of verses out of ODB is a miracle in and of itself.
    Retired.

-

I disagree. Ol Dirty Bastard's Nigga Please album sucked and his first album was hardcore. I don't know why Nigga Please wasn't hardcore. LOL@wig he was wearing on the album cover hahahahahahahahaha. I didn't like Method Man's Tical 2000 album either. Inspectah Deck's The Movement album did suck. All his solo albums suck because of bad beats. I do like his Uncontrolled Substance album pictures and I like Word On The Street and Rec Room songs.

The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

Mr X-Citement and The Hillside Scramblers albums are underrated for sure.