Thread: Ghostface Killah Surprise Gig at Toastface Grillah

Default Ghostface Killah Surprise Gig at Toastface Grillah

http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/musicnews/s4153637.htm

It happened, it really happened; Ghostface Killah visited the Perth cafe named after him: Toastface Grillah!

Sorry, we're getting ahead of ourselves.

The Wu-Tang Clan member is currently in the country to tour and promote his new solo album 36 Seasons and last week, triple j's Kyran Wheatley alerted the MC to the existence of the pun-tastic Perth-based grilled sandwich joint.

Ghostface's response: "Oh, for real. I might gotta go there and take a picture or something. What they got in there? Toasted sandwiches, ok ok."

Turns out he did much more than get a photo.

The rap veteran surprised fans with a pop-up show outside Toastface Grillah, performing on top of a flatbed Ute parked in Grand Lane in the Perth CBD yesterday afternoon. A moment that's as amazing (if not more so) than paralympian Dylan Alcott on-stage rap with Ghostface at Meredith.

The only forward notice for the impromptu gig was word of mouth and a brief announcement from the eatery's proprietors urging the "important to be really cool about this."

According to photographer Greta Carroll, who spoke to Kyran on air following Ghostface's Toastface set, the rapper performed a set of classics - dropping 'Wu-Tang Clan Ain't Nuthin' To F#$* With', Ol' Dirty Bastard's 'Got Your Money,' and 'C.R.E.A.M.' (as can be seen in the fan shot footage below. Language warning.)

(Source: Instagram @djlstreet)

He also performed material from 36 Seasons, with a guest verse from protégé Sheek Louch, while telling the crowd that "they've just done a new album together," says Greta.

After the show Ghostface took the time to hang about with fans, "sitting around eating sandwiches, signing autographs and taking pictures."

nice audio interview on the link too, talkin about blue & cream and OB4CL 3

Toastface Grillah hahha hell nah. That's what's up!
    STAY TUNED.

Ghost seems to be cutting out a great niche with quirky nerds

FRESH FISH

Great to see Ghost embracing his fans.

ha ha very cool

love it
    "What is the meanin' of crime? is it Criminals Robbin Innocent Muthafuckaz Everytime?"

lol, i live in perth.... fuck stuff like this though. the crowd at this would have been an abjectly cringeworthy collection of hipster dolts who barely know any of his music, as evidenced by amazing crowd involvement here.

additionally, watching these guys denigrate their careers by 1. rapping in their 40s and 2. pandering to hipsters, makes me cry.

Quote Originally Posted by Longbongcilvaringz View Post
    watching these guys denigrate their careers by 1. rapping in their 40s
    who really cares how old they are?

I'm sure it makes ghost cry to hear about internet forum posters who don't want him to rap or make a living anymore
    if you had a restaurant named in your honor in another country why on earth wouldn't you want to hang out for a day, eat some sammiches and chill with fans. You made it sound like that's all he does with his career nowadays

lol, i live in perth.... fuck stuff like this though. the crowd at this would have been an abjectly cringeworthy collection of hipster dolts who barely know any of his music, as evidenced by amazing crowd involvement here.

additionally, watching these guys denigrate their careers by 1. rapping in their 40s and 2. pandering to hipsters, makes me cry.
    Lol fuck your life in 2015.

De mijne is 4x duurder!

Shaolin Student

not saying i agree with everything here but i get where your coming from............ i too live in Perth. Work in city and missed this..