Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Beats that you wished were on clan albums

Masta Killa - Shaolin Temple

A short but sweet classic, should've been on a Clan album IMO.

"R.E.C. Room" would've been an amazing posse cut for a Clan album as well.
    Last edited by TheWuSepticTank; 01-14-2015 at 10:51 PM.
    STAY TUNED.

Shaolin Master

Agreed... REC Room would have made a fantastic posse cut.
    I would still keep that joint on Deck's album, but would have had the likes of Meth; Rae; Masta and U-God; and Killa Sin all do verses on it.

My next nomination is Tai Chi (from Heavy Mental).
    Don't get me wrong, this is an exceptional track as it is. However, I always wanted to see a full, Wu-Tang / Sunz of Man posse cut, and this 4th D / Father Lord classic would be perfect on a clan joint.
    It nags at me that Killah Priest never appeared on a clan album, I still scratch my head in disbelief that for all of Wu Forever's gargantuan length - there are no Sunz of Man appearances. Given that 95-98 era; all the Sunz of Man emcees were at their peak, and highly influential lyrically and thematically on the Clan themselves - they were criminally overlooked on Wu Tang Forever. So I would have this joint:

'Tai Chi' on Wu Tang Forever featuring Killah Priest / RZA / Ghostface / 60 Sec and ODB / INspectah / Hell Razah / Prodigal / Shabazz the Disciple / GZA.
    Last edited by Mythrandir; 01-15-2015 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrandir View Post
    It nags at me that Killah Priest never appeared on a clan album, I still scratch my head in disbelief that for all of Wu Forever's gargantuan length - there are no Sunz of Man appearances. Given that 95-98 era; all the Sunz of Man emcees were at their peak, and highly influential lyrically and thematically on the Clan themselves - they were criminally overlooked on Wu Tang Forever
    I agree with every word here. If there's any nitpicking issue that i have with that album, is that Killah Priest isn't on it. Seeing as how he had a notable solo track on a major Wu solo album, appeared numerous times on ODB's debut and the Gravediggaz albums. He was pretty much being prepped to be the next big thing coming out of the Wu at the time (along with Deck as the next solo act), so he should've definitely been on it. It's mind boggling to me that Cappadonna (even tho i liked his appearances on the album) got like four features on Wu Tang Forever, but KP didn't get one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrandir View Post
    'Tai Chi' on Wu Tang Forever featuring Killah Priest / RZA / Ghostface / 60 Sec and ODB / INspectah / Hell Razah / Prodigal / Shabazz the Disciple / GZA.
    ^ this would've been Wu heaven. I might even throw Masta Killa on there as well.
    Last edited by TheWuSepticTank; 01-15-2015 at 07:23 PM.
    STAY TUNED.

Deck/Killa/GZA - Street Corners (MF DOOM Remix) should've been on ABT
    he even says "a better tomorrow" on the chorus

Shaolin Master

Quote Originally Posted by TheWuCepticon View Post
    Years ago, I took all those tracks from the 90s from soundtracks (Wu Wear, Whos The Champion, AIDS, Let Me At Em, Semi Automatic, Tragedy, Nasty Immigrants, Diesel, Third World etc) and unreleased tracks, and made my own faux Wu album. it was intended to be a psuedo sequel to 36 Chambers. Lol
    where's that at. i'd like to hear this faux album. i like listening to other ppls made up wu albums.

http://claaa7.blogspot.com/2012/03/w...ation.html?m=1

Ithe mirror link still seem to be working, a lot of the classic non-Lp cuts from mid-90s.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

I have forgot earthquake
    Beat and wu are dope but i cant listen because i dont like deadly venom
    Anycan can do a remix with only the wu verse without deadly venom??