Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rza on Fox Business News announcing new ODB Boombotix speaker

Banned

Default Rza on Fox Business News announcing new ODB Boombotix speaker

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/3974300485001

Rza was just on Fox Business News and said they are going to re-release ODB's music through a Boombotix speaker this summer with exclusive music.
    Last edited by Sir Artsdradamus; 01-06-2015 at 06:08 PM.

Fuck No, what am I going to do? Go out and buy another motherfucking speaker? I can't even pump this music in my car.

Enough already.

damn only on boombotix. might cop it though, unreleased music is still good news. wanna hear it for sure. didn't buy the first boombotix thingy btw.
    Retired.

LOL he expects people to own a new portable speaker for each exclusive release?

with that said I might actually buy it if its aesthetically pleasing enough since I didn't cop the first one

Banned

things like this wouldn't be done if people actually paid for music

very true. the first wu boombotix must've been pretty successful for RZA then

I bet he made more off that than any wu member could make off a solo album right now

Corny Nuh! Capitalizing Cilvaringz's Avatar

Putting music on their own designed carriers unable to rip is quite a genius idea against pirating and putting value back into music. Inconvenient yes I agree, but it all depends from which perspective you're looking at it. And RZA succeeded with the last one, none of it has properly leaked.

I'm reminded of a quote by a very wise man ''if it bleeds we can kill it''

----------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Cilvaringz View Post
    Putting music on their own designed carriers unable to rip is quite a genius idea against pirating and putting value back into music. Inconvenient yes I agree, but it all depends from which perspective you're looking at it. And RZA succeeded with the last one, none of it has properly leaked.
    It's also a good way to keep people from hearing the music.
    As for myself: I had come to the conclusion that there was nothing sacred about myself or any human being, that we were all machines, doomed to collide and collide and collide.
    - Kurt Vonnegut

This shit is gonna look sick on my desk next to my turntables. Expensive yes but I would pay it to support the WU.
    ']['he |Re][ntegration (Group
    ']['|R(G

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Punch View Post
    It's also a good way to keep people from hearing the music.
    20 years ago, when Wu-Tang had a song on a soundtrack, you had to buy the CD (or cassette tape, if you were check 2) to hear it. that would be $15-20 to hear one wu-tang song. so, at least this way, you get a speaker with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    20 years ago, when Wu-Tang had a song on a soundtrack, you had to buy the CD (or cassette tape, if you were check 2) to hear it. that would be $15-20 to hear one wu-tang song. so, at least this way, you get a speaker with it.
    True, but you're not really getting the song, you're getting a speaker that happens to have the song on it, which you can't put on a cd, playlist or MP3 player.
    In the old days, sure you had to buy the cd but you're getting other songs too, and some of those early soundtrack songs ended up on proper albums anyway( Winter Warz, Heaven Or Hell, I Gotcha Back). Also, those songs could be transferred to whatever format you chose.
    Good for RZA if this is successful, I won't argue against it existing. Like I said though I will never pay for something like that and I know I'm not alone.
    As for myself: I had come to the conclusion that there was nothing sacred about myself or any human being, that we were all machines, doomed to collide and collide and collide.
    - Kurt Vonnegut

Like I said, am I supposed to buy another fucking speaker??

Veteran Member

I guess some of us won't get to hear the music in the speakers....too bad it can't be ripped, but it can be recorded and shared right?
    WU-TANG FOREVER.
    GHANA REPRESENTING

Peace CT

I remember the days of buying a soundtrack just for a single Wu track. Now you gotta buy a f#ckin speaker that I dont even know how to use, ha. "For my trapped in the 90s n!ggas"- Nas. Peace