Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: (Forbes) Once Upon a Time in Shaolin to be sold at Paddle-8 auction

85 %ER

after ABT negotiations of selling this album to a single person would have crashed and burned. lol nobody paying for wu tang music they can't hear first especially after their last release had miracle on it. I'll assume whoever bought this didn't listen to ABT

Corny Nuh! Capitalizing Cilvaringz's Avatar

Brother Origin, I respect the core sense of disapproval you have with this idea. Matter of fact, if I was in your place I'd probably feel the same. First thing I'd say though is the racism thing is not cool.

As for this project, there will be a more in depth interview this month explaining in the clearest sense our motivations and goals we would like to achieve. And probably you'll still might not support it and that's cool. I have explained many times the variety of reasons of why we chose to do this and I'm not going to keep repeating it. Whoever's finds it interesting, great. Whomever doesn't, that's really fine.

Only thing that's really childish are these negative "I want you to fail for whatever reason" toned posts. Discuss it intelligently or just reject it in an adult fashion, all that trolling is childish.

In the end. I find it fucking amazing how a fellow The DSC brother releasing this thing in any form, with The RZA. Peace!

I hope your not talking about my post has I dont want you to fail in fact I dont care of the outcome but all my points are valid!

in fact I respect that music is art but they way your doing it the shady aspects of it all these are serious matters
    Last edited by zu fam; 01-08-2015 at 08:06 AM.

----------------------------------------------------------

So no museum tour?

Quote Originally Posted by Seanuz View Post
    I think 5th State got close to the best solution here when he mentioned kickstarter. If Ringz and RZA are worried about people pirating their music and not making enough money off it, why don't they just put it up on kickstarter and wait until they get "x" amount of dollars for it then release it?

That way the fans that are able to pay for it get it, the artists get their money, and whoever wants to pirate can probably still do so. It seems like a win-win-win

^ this should've been the plan from jumpstreet.
    STAY TUNED.

I like how the Forbes guy asked RZA about the album alienating fans. But once again, RZA goes on to bring up making ABT as a consolation prize for fans, an album which is damn near universally panned, by fans and critics alike (hell, the Clan themselves weren't for that album). For him to STILL bring up ABT as being for the fans, after all the bad press, just continues to show how detached he is from his fan base. Plain and simple, OUTIS is THE album that fans wanted, and yes, (after many years of support, from the classics to the disappointments) deserved.
    Last edited by TheWuSepticTank; 01-09-2015 at 06:28 PM.
    STAY TUNED.

shaolin shadowboxer Frank Drebin's Avatar

hip-hop is dead anyway. thank East Coast USA for the late 80s and 90s, the rest of it can suck a dick
    Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    Allah is my bitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodman View Post
    Can’t stand Cilvaringz, by the way.... It’s never us coming with the gimmicks. It’s always on the outside, a "B" Wu guy or somebody like that coming with some crap that’s just so gimmicky. It makes you scratch your head and say, ‘Why Wu-Tang?’ when it’s not Wu-Tang.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    That's a guy in those pictures who's a woman?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheWuCepticon View Post
    I like how the Forbes guy asked RZA about the album alienating fans. But once again, RZA goes on to bring up making ABT as a consolation prize for fans, an album which is damn near universally panned, by fans and critics alike (hell, the Clan themselves weren't for that album). For him to STILL bring up ABT as being for the fans, after all the bad press, just continues to show how detached he is from his fan base. Plain and simple, OUTIS is THE album that fans wanted, and yes, (after many years of support, from the classics to the disappointments) deserved.
    ABT was always the album they didn't give a fuck about that was given to the fans to shut us up and say "hey shut up we gave you an album"
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hound View Post
    ABT was always the album they didn't give a fuck about that was given to the fans to shut us up and say "hey shut up we gave you an album"

^ Exactly
    STAY TUNED.

Fearless Vampire Killer UNCLE RUCKUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Hound View Post
    After the release of ABT I wouldn't want to hear this anyway
    From the snippets and tracklist was gonna be dope; would be hard to be worse

"consumers have practically re-classified the act of paying for music as philanthropy"
    a lot of truth to that statement
    Retired.

"The winning bidder will get to do whatever with the 31-track album -- lend it to a museum, place it in a personal collection, release it online for free, melt it for scrap, whatever -- and if RZA was telling the truth when he said the group had received a $5 million offer for it, then the album will probably fetch a similar amount, possibly more, at auction."

Hopefully the buyer releases it to us the people who been waiting long for this

Quote Originally Posted by Cilvaringz View Post
    Phoenix new times represent! I live in Phoenix. Cool shit, great article