Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Method Man "The Meth Lab Album Release Date + TRACKLIST

I always think it's amusing when Wu-stans who call other hiphop artists commercial and act like Wu-Tang is underground.

Like Wu-Tang wasn't the first hiphop act that had a million dollar music video and a clothing line.

Melf Nederlandse lifestyle & hiphop community. Voor bazen. De beste website van de wereld.[

Quote Originally Posted by Busty.pl View Post
    I always think it's amusing when Wu-stans who call other hiphop artists commercial and act like Wu-Tang is underground.

Like Wu-Tang wasn't the first hiphop act that had a million dollar music video and a clothing line.
    You've misunderstood.

Not denying that the main clan could be considered commercial, but I'd argue that any wu-affiliates are; and I much prefer that Wu guest spots are 'kept within the family'.

Le Maître de la Vie Gitche Manito's Avatar

That's not what the word "commercial" means. It means making compromise to your art in order to please the market.

Triumph is a posse cut with no chorus. Thta's not what I would call compromising
    Comme les anges à l'œil fauve
    Je reviendrai dans ton alcôve
    Et vers toi glisserai sans bruit
    Comme les ombres de la nuit.

Naughty Gear came before Wu-Wear.
    As for myself: I had come to the conclusion that there was nothing sacred about myself or any human being, that we were all machines, doomed to collide and collide and collide.
    - Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by Gitche Manito View Post
    That's not what the word "commercial" means. It means making compromise to your art in order to please the market.

Triumph is a posse cut with no chorus. Thta's not what I would call compromising
    So tell me what's more commercial about Nas than Wu-Tang.

And if you prefer Hanz On over Nas, you're out of your mind. Nobody would give a fuck about that dude if he wasn't affiliated.

Oh finally, Chedda Bang on a Meth album. Dream collaboration

Melf Nederlandse lifestyle & hiphop community. Voor bazen. De beste website van de wereld.[

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

Ghost and Masta Killa are basically the only ones with quality solos from the Wu that other than just wu stans listen to

most of the others just want to cash in the last check, INS is trying to be still underground, but for the most part I'm not feeling it and GZA lost his delivery and is UNLISTENABLE.
    bring back begongo!!

Quote Originally Posted by DR. NICK RIVIERA View Post
    Ghost and Masta Killa are basically the only ones with quality solos from the Wu that other than just wu stans listen to

most of the others just want to cash in the last check, INS is trying to be still underground, but for the most part I'm not feeling it and GZA lost his delivery and is UNLISTENABLE.
    Stan = fan whose appreciation for an artist turns to excessive love which ends up turning to hate when said artist doesn't act like he would like to.

Exactly the opposite as a Wu fan who says "hey, they might not be as they were before, but I still like what they come up with".

Wu-Hater = Wu-Stan

Quote Originally Posted by Gitche Manito View Post

Thats not what commercial means either. After all many artists make commercial music because they like commercial music, so its not a compromise.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    Thats not what commercial means either. After all many artists make commercial music because they like commercial music, so its not a compromise.
    Good point.

And I would add that in general as artist grow older they tend to make less complex music that is easier to digest and to listen to. Hence the confusion between making more commercial music when they are only trying to make simpler music. E.g. Genesis, Pink Floyd, Metallica, RZA, etc.

at that time when shit like that happened (naughty by nature, fat joe had clothing lines) it means they crossed over. hell, my ex gf's straight nerdy cousin had The Chronic cassette.. hip hop in general was underground in the 90s some acts crossed over some didnt. wu was a special case. what other hardcore rap group's 2nd album debuts #1 on the billboard with a single thats over 5mins (no radio edits) and no hook ?