Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Method Man "The Meth Lab Album Release Date + TRACKLIST

EXTREME WEIRDO

I just hope this isn't Method Mans last album……weak beats and weak guests. Mef is one of the all time greats, his guest spots should be Nas/Busta/Mobb Deep type appearances. If he wants someone current then Joey Bada$$ etc…..Cory Gunz? Uncle murda? cheap.

Le Maître de la Vie Gitche Manito's Avatar

Interesting album. Didn't like the 50 Shots beat. Apart from that I enjoyed the ride.
    Comme les anges à l'œil fauve
    Je reviendrai dans ton alcôve
    Et vers toi glisserai sans bruit
    Comme les ombres de la nuit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev Jones View Post
    peace man

I'm referring to the Meth Lab, it started out as a Mef solo mixtape

the other release you mentioned is an earlier release I'm aware of

at any rate Hanz On is on this new release a lot too

the more I play it the more I like it btw, esp. after playing around with track order & adding some recent cuts
    I meant the Meth Lab as well. He's on almost every track.

Quote Originally Posted by ChampionBubbla View Post
    I just hope this isn't Method Mans last album……weak beats and weak guests. Mef is one of the all time greats, his guest spots should be Nas/Busta/Mobb Deep type appearances. If he wants someone current then Joey Bada$$ etc…..Cory Gunz? Uncle murda? cheap.
    Try reading a bit. it's not.
    Last edited by Rame; 08-21-2015 at 08:24 AM.

De mijne is 4x duurder!

Top tracks for me after a few listens:

Symphony
    The purple tape
    The meth lab
    Straight gutta
    2 minutes of your time
    Water
    So Staten
    Intelligent meth
    Another winter

at least this album has no commercial crossover piffle

Quote Originally Posted by ChampionBubbla View Post
    Mef is one of the all time greats, his guest spots should be Nas/Busta/Mobb Deep type appearances. If he wants someone current then Joey Bada$$ etc
    The Crystal Meth will have more high profile features like these I think. good choices btw
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 08-21-2015 at 08:43 AM.
    Retired.

nada ignorante

Gonna give it a spin cant hardly wait.
    N.I.

A handful of good tracks, especially 4ths productions. But it doesn't feel like a real Meth LP and I don't think it should be viewed as one.

Meth sounds better over much grittier production than this.

this is meths version of "the hillside scramblers" shit u-god did. marketed as a solo, but really there to showcase other people. there are so many features at no point does it feel like im listening to a meth album. he shows no dominance over the album except for when hes solo on a track. none of this shit is playlist worthy, this will fall on the list with a better tomorrow and f.i.l.a. with albums i dont listen to for more then a week/ albums i pretend dont exist. whats funny is out of all the hip-hop i listen too, wu-tang as a collective makes the majority of the albums i purchase that dont get played after a week. the hottest shit that came from them recently was "cynthias son" from deck
    FCK A SHOUT OUT!

fresh from the kitchen CL2coming's Avatar

I think "What you getting into" kinda sums this album/mixtape up... lazy and underwhelming. The MCs just sound bored as hell...

Doubt I will spin this more than once or twice. A small handful of decent tracks.

War Poetry shits all over this project.

more reviews https://www.bostonglobe.com/arts/mus...rJP/story.html
    ultimately the music is more Jesse Pinkman than Walter White-grade Meth
    http://www.rollingstone.com/music/al...h-lab-20150821

on a side note it's worrying how short reviews have become. the 2nd review dedicates a full total of two maybe three lines to the album itself

ah well
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by shystar36 View Post
    this is meths version of "the hillside scramblers" shit u-god did. marketed as a solo, but really there to showcase other people. there are so many features at no point does it feel like im listening to a meth album. he shows no dominance over the album except for when hes solo on a track. none of this shit is playlist worthy, this will fall on the list with a better tomorrow and f.i.l.a. with albums i dont listen to for more then a week/ albums i pretend dont exist. whats funny is out of all the hip-hop i listen too, wu-tang as a collective makes the majority of the albums i purchase that dont get played after a week. the hottest shit that came from them recently was "cynthias son" from deck

Quote Originally Posted by CL2coming View Post
    I think "What you getting into" kinda sums this album/mixtape up... lazy and underwhelming. The MCs just sound bored as hell...

Doubt I will spin this more than once or twice. A small handful of decent tracks.

War Poetry shits all over this project.

i havent heard anything but thats disappointing... mef had a lot of people checking for this project
    could've finally been a good look for Wu which they havent had many in years

I agree with 95% of what this guy, whoever he is, says about the new album. I also agree with his opinions on Tical & ABT in the intro
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 08-21-2015 at 03:28 PM.
    Retired.

nada ignorante

I have a feeling this album is gonna definitely grow on alotta people. Gonna listen to it more.
    N.I.

Wink

For those that still don't know, this is not an official Method Man solo album. "Crystal Meth" will be the next official Method Man solo album. Meth has said this numerous times in various interviews. Instead, according to Method Man, "The Meth Lab" is a prelude to "Crystal Meth." In the most recent interview with Ebro on Beats 1, Meth explains it further. Here's the link to the interview:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/embedded...b9?pnref=story.

You can hear that when Ebro asked him about the production on the album, he doesn't even really know all of the producers. He says that Hanz On & Streetlife went out and got the beats and put everything together. He also says that Hanz On asked him if he could do a "Meth Lab" mixtape. At first, it was just supposed to be their project. A Hanz On & Streetlife sort of "Staten Island" mixtape. Meth says he was only orignally going to appear on 2 tracks. However, as it progressed, he says he got more into it. He says he started going to the studio with them, getting on more tracks, and then as a result it became a prelude to "Crystal Meth." Method Man is very clear that it's a prelude compilation, and not a solo album.
    Last edited by Illgod; 08-21-2015 at 05:55 PM.

"The Mathematician Who Calculated God From Nigga"

-The Rza