Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: U-God re-signs to Babygrande. finally releases "Heads Up" video feat. Gza

Banned

Default U-God re-signs to Babygrande. finally releases "Heads Up" video feat. Gza

Currently hard at work on his fifth solo album, Wu-Tang Clan alumni U-God is set to re-release his 2014 offering The Keynote Speaker, which features guest appearances from fellow members GZA, Method Man and Inspectah Deck in addition to verses from Styles P, Elzhi and Keith. The project features executive production by RZA who also produced on the album; those copping physical copies will be treated to a newly illustrated fold-out of the album’s cover which features a futuristic boom box inspired by U-God and Wu-Tang terminology and slang. A full-size poster of the new album artwork is also available for purchase.

A Brooklyn native, U-God moved to Staten Island as a youth where he would grow up on the Island in Park Hill not far from his cousin Method Man, Inspectah Deck and Raekwon who were all childhood friends. He would later go on to become friends with Cappadonna, then RZA and Ghostface, eventually turning to music after he began rhyming under the alias Golden Arms, based on the Kung-Fu movie The Kid with The Golden Arms. Later on, his incarceration prevented him from featuring heavily on the group’s debut album Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers), although he helped finance some of the Clan’s early recording sessions, his input on the seminal LP consisting of only a short bridge on the group’s debut single “Protect Ya Neck” as well as the now famous opening verse of “Da Mystery of Chessboxin'”. Nevertheless, he quickly became known to fans for his rugged flow and bass-like voice on future Wu tracks “Winter Warz”, “Knuckleheadz”, “Investigative Reports”, and “Black Jesus”.

Speaking exclusively to AllHipHop U-God explains, “Keynote Speaker is such a special album. My team has worked closely with Babygrande to give the album a fresh look and to continue to promote it around the world. ‘Heads Up’ is a classic Wu-Tang style video that brings everything back to the essence.”

Having resigned to GZA’s record label Babygrande Records, the two have teamed up for a new track titled “Heads Up.” Also featuring Jacksopot Scotty Wotty, the single showcases the distinct uniqueness of each emcee as lyricist and director Don Tyler captures the tone of the track using black and white visuals appropriately shot in New York. The Keynote Speaker is set to drop on February 17th and will be available via iTunes as well.

PRe-order the keynote speaker on iTunes. wtf

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/th...er/id956863575
    Last edited by Sir Artsdradamus; 01-20-2015 at 03:51 PM.

Dope video, and my personal fav album of 2013

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JZA/Jordon View Post

babygrande is re-releasing Keynote Speaker. It also appears like they just re-released Dopium.

The original cover art kills that clip-art shit btw.

What? Are U-God and Method Man cousins?? :S
    -----> Check Rev. William Burks aka Chuuuch "Nigowkno", "Runnit" and "Ganja"
    -----> KAMi Genesis, vol1, vol2 and vol3- beat tapes
    https://open.spotify.com/artist/48z4...QcWWL0Pat0qEDQ

new cover's not bad, liked the older one better

I hope the Dopium will be released with the same cover and booklet cus I can't find it in Poland anymore but I'd like to have it

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

Peace CT

This is an odd announcement/situation. Regardless we get a decent video for a dope track. Peace

Quote Originally Posted by JZA/Jordon View Post

ikr, pre-ordered via amazon http://www.amazon.com/Keynote-Speake...qid=1421786670
    Retired.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by josborne3680 View Post
    This is an odd announcement/situation. Regardless we get a decent video for a dope track. Peace
    just pure speculation on my part, but...

this was originally released on Soul Temple which completely fucked that up.

babygrande originally sued or threatened to sue because gza was on this single and they weren't allowed to release the video.

now with the closing of soul temple, babygrande signed u-god and as promotion, must have bought the rights to the album and are re-releasing it along with the video that had already been shot.

Veteran Member

Okay video
    WU-TANG FOREVER.
    GHANA REPRESENTING

did anyone here cop the original release of "Keynote Speaker" from Soul Temple, and if so did they ever get their album? i didn't buy it but i noticed it is not up on their Bandcamp where they got most if not all of their other releases for stream and digital purchase... just wondering if they actually did press up the vinyl and CD:s of "Keynote" - it's a good thing it's getting a proper release

"Heads Up" is easily one of my favorites from the album, hearing GZA and Scotty Wotty together is very ill when you know the history of how these two kind of inspired the entire Wu-Tang Clan to start rhyming and was highly looked upon as the two greatest in the neighborhood

the video is nothing too special, plain and simple, but i rarely find hip-hop videos very interesting anyway
    Last edited by claaa7; 01-21-2015 at 04:07 AM.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Peace CT

^ I own the physical CD, but got it off Amazon. Peace

Quote Originally Posted by josborne3680 View Post
    ^ I own the physical CD, but got it off Amazon. Peace
    Same here.

I'm glad they made a vid to heads up as it's my fave track off the album too.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man