Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: U-God re-signs to Babygrande. finally releases "Heads Up" video feat. Gza

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    did anyone here cop the original release of "Keynote Speaker" from Soul Temple, and if so did they ever get their album? i didn't buy it but i noticed it is not up on their Bandcamp where they got most if not all of their other releases for stream and digital purchase... just wondering if they actually did press up the vinyl and CD:s of "Keynote" - it's a good thing it's getting a proper release

"Heads Up" is easily one of my favorites from the album, hearing GZA and Scotty Wotty together is very ill when you know the history of how these two kind of inspired the entire Wu-Tang Clan to start rhyming and was highly looked upon as the two greatest in the neighborhood

the video is nothing too special, plain and simple, but i rarely find hip-hop videos very interesting anyway
    ya got mine thru work, but I know a few people who said they never got the one they ordered right from Soul Temple, same with 12 Reasons to Die.

this re-release isn't really giving up anything special, but if they have re-released Dopium that's cool, I don't have that yet and that's one the best U God albums.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    just pure speculation on my part, but...

this was originally released on Soul Temple which completely fucked that up.

babygrande originally sued or threatened to sue because gza was on this single and they weren't allowed to release the video.

now with the closing of soul temple, babygrande signed u-god and as promotion, must have bought the rights to the album and are re-releasing it along with the video that had already been shot.
    sounds reasonable

btw thanks for the neg rep
    Last edited by jacob jay; 01-21-2015 at 12:08 PM.