Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Can someone piss RZA off bad plz

SHAOLIN STUDENT

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    Yeah there's room for a Rza at 100 even with the way he put his music together in the 90s, but he grew in a different direction. Not a bad one but I don't think he has a passion for hip hop anymore because it's harder to be into as you get older and he seems to like challenging himself and trying new things
    I think that the nigga is trying to seduce his "new friends" from Hollywood and mainstream shit but he fails. Maybe he doesn't love real hip hop as he once did, so what the hell he wants to release a wu album. I can understand a man wants to try different things, I am like that. I think his wu brothers still love real hip hop even if some of them don't know how to pick up dope beats. Today they live in far distant worlds. I loved wu music because it make fly and enter in another dimension. I don't like many hip hop groups. I love songs here and there, that's all. Today I think their music is just meh.

Quote Originally Posted by fortyglock View Post
    Tbh even the RZA of the 90s was striving to be a better person.
    I don't agree.

Rza in the beginning was going down a different path as an m.c (ooh we love you rakim), then he got shafted by the industry. This made Rza mad and he decided to prove a point (Hence Wu tang clan and there raw style). Now I agree with blackma, Rza is trying hard to impress his hollywood buddies and doesn't have that anger anymore that lead him to( and I will use Rza' words) "bum rush the industry". That is why Wu tang clan albums are garbage now.

Peace

-

I agree with The Blackma and Zooruka.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

I agree with no one

Rza is gonna leave everything behind and finally fulfil his life long dream of turning Chinese

Last edited by zu fam; 01-25-2015 at 11:47 AM.

----------------------------------------------------------

-

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

this shit is classic
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

The golden era of Wu is over. Even though the W is stronger than ever as a brand, the music won't be embraced like before.
    This is not mainly RZA's responsible.

Btw, 8 diagrams had some of the greatest Clan beats RZA ever made, add pioneer the frontier and hold the header to the list

But I can see why some complain about RZA beats, sometimes a lot of crap manage to leave RZA's mpc
    And sometimes we get iconic stuff like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9Re57mgu78
    -----> Check Rev. William Burks aka Chuuuch "Nigowkno", "Runnit" and "Ganja"
    -----> KAMi Genesis, vol1, vol2 and vol3- beat tapes
    https://open.spotify.com/artist/48z4...QcWWL0Pat0qEDQ

Quote Originally Posted by Kanha View Post
    The golden era of Wu is over. Even though the W is stronger than ever as a brand, the music won't be embraced like before.

Btw, 8 diagrams had some of the greatest Clan beats RZA ever made, add pioneer the frontier and hold the header to the list

But I can see why some complain about RZA beats, sometimes a lot of crap manage to leave RZA's mpc

Did RZA produce that?

Which reminds me, one of the last great Clan tracks has to be this one. In my opinion, this is what an aged Clan could and should sound like. The sonics on this are just bananas. And Uey is gold on the hook. Untill just a moment ago, I was under the impression that Rakeem did it. But I see now this one was done by Frank Dukes and BadBadNotGood. Which actually explains a lot I think musically wise.

http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

Wu Corp has always been Wu-Tang's biggest fans, but also their biggest critics.

Wu-Tang has managed to remain relevant for 30+ years and kept an active and loyal fan following.

And an umbrella and deep catalog of Wu Affiliates or just Wu inspired music, rap, beats, artwork, etc.

And Rza was the mastermind behind all of it. All the members have admitted that. So it's hard to hate on Rza even if he is exploring new art or boundaries I'm not quite as intrigued by.

Also, I don't think he or any members of WU are going to have the edginess and hunger they had in the early 90's. They are all now well off and live luxurious lifestyles. Rza has mellowed out with age. So have I.

Kanha, That Snoh Aalegra - Emotional sounds awesome. I love the original sample. Rza sampled it before. It was on Shaolin Soul I think. If you think it then you might as well dooo it. I didn't know Rza produced it but he flipped it nice. But I don't think he's using an mpc. I thought he was still on the roland mv-8800. Actually, I take that back. In a recent video I saw an MPC 4000 in the background. I just got another one myself with a busted screen. I'm going to fix it up and maybe flip it.

The Emotions - If You Think It (You May As Well Do It)

I like the original more than any of the hip hop songs that sample it.

The Rivers of Blood beat is meh.

Wu-Veteran

Word..I flipped the same part of that for a beat back in 2004. They did a great job with that.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Set View Post

Which reminds me, one of the last great Clan tracks has to be this one. In my opinion, this is what an aged Clan could and should sound like. The sonics on this are just bananas. And Uey is gold on the hook. Untill just a moment ago, I was under the impression that Rakeem did it. But I see now this one was done by Frank Dukes and BadBadNotGood. Which actually explains a lot I think musically wise.

Yes!

Veteran Member

What are your favorite beats from 8D?