Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fear the Walking Dead

Default Fear the Walking Dead

Leaked Script Reveals 'The Walking Dead' Spinoff Is A New Take On The Zombie Crisis

"Walking Dead" creator Robert Kirkman previously said the "look and feel" of the new spinoff series would be "startlingly different," and now we know why. A purported leaked script, obtained by Bleeding Cool, shows that the spinoff will at least start in the early days of the zombie crisis. (Excerpts of the script were removed from Bleeding Cool at the request of Rainbow Media.)

The alleged script -- using the working title "Fear the Walking Dead" -- starts with the C.D.C. attempting to prove the "dead do not walk among us." The leaks seem to indicate that the world is not yet in the state of chaos it's in after Grimes wakes up from his coma in "Walking Dead," and everyone is unaware of the magnitude of what's going on.

Among other things, this take on the zombie crisis could potentially allow actor Noah Emmerich's character, Edwin Jenner, a C.D.C. doctor, to make a return. Emmerich told The Hollywood Reporter he'd be into reprising his role and that there's "definitely a lot more to find out about Dr. Jenner." Kirkman previously admitted to THR that destroying the C.D.C. in Season 1 of "Walking Dead" was his biggest regret from the series.

In regard to what you can definitely expect in the new spinoff, the "Walking Dead" creator told EW that the new series would take place in Los Angeles and "be a show about family." He added, “It is all new characters, all new events and all kinds of crazy stuff.”

"The Walking Dead" spinoff series is reportedly set to premiere later this year.

this sounds like its gonna be worth the watch

Are U aware I ban @ will? MASTER PAI MEI's Avatar

I will watch this. They should have this on when the walking Dead is off So I can have zombies all year long.

--- AMC's 'Walking Dead' Prequel Lands Two-Season Order

The top-secret drama, which went through the pilot process with the title of Cobalt, will join the flagship series on the network as the cabler continues to focus on scripted fare. In addition to ordering the pilot to series, AMC has preemptively renewed the drama for a second season.

The first season will consist of six hourlong episodes — just like the flagship series did. The drama will premiere on AMC in the “late summer,” with season two set for 2016.

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/amcs-walkin...182312810.html

Quote Originally Posted by BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI View Post
    I will watch this. They should have this on when the walking Dead is off So I can have zombies all year long.
    Absolutely

Off topic, but Remember back in season 1, there was a Hispanic family that was part of the camp, but they decided they were going to Birmingham or something? do you think that will ever be addressed? Or maybe it was and i missed it. They were just bit players really, but i just thought it was weird, most shows tie up stuff like that

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Crumple View Post
    Absolutely

Off topic, but Remember back in season 1, there was a Hispanic family that was part of the camp, but they decided they were going to Birmingham or something? do you think that will ever be addressed? Or maybe it was and i missed it. They were just bit players really, but i just thought it was weird, most shows tie up stuff like that

Its a possibility. Also there was a latin family fighting off zombies when Merle and Daryl crossed their paths. Merle wanted to rip them off, but Daryl wasnt feeling it and he made Merle leave. I wonder if they may be a family focused on in Fear TWD

something tells me im prolly gonna enjoy this show more than the original walking dead series

When is this airing?

I need some WD.

Banned

Skeptical.....

but then again I am a pessimist at heart until I see it and stand corrected; which ofcurse, HAS happened....

--- 'Fear the Walking Dead': Artful Suspense, Not Bloody Horror

Fear the Walking Dead is very much not The Walking Dead. The new show, which premieres on Aug. 23 on AMC, is its own creature, trembling with anxiety and dread. If The Walking Dead is a horror story, Fear the Walking Dead is a mood piece, more artful than the original series.

Taking place within the same universe as The Walking Dead but set in an earlier time, Fear, created by Robert Kirkman and Dave Erickson, wants to show us what this world was like before good ol’ Sheriff Rick Grimes and his Southern posse started shootin’, stabbin’, and decapitatin’ zombies.

Fear is about family. Kim Dickens plays Madison, a Los Angeles school guidance counselor and single mom of two teenagers; she has a live-in boyfriend, English teacher Travis (Cliff Curtis), who has a teen son from a previous marriage. The kids are troubled in ways both typical and unusual for adolescence. Madison’s son Nick, for instance, is drug-addicted — he’s played with marvelous subtlety by Frank Dillane.

The show spends time letting us get to know these and other characters, taking care to build some interest and allegiance to them. But even as it does so, an eeriness creeps into the opening episode right from the start — the drama equivalent of a poison-gas leak. As written by Kirkman and Erickson and directed by Adam Davidson, the pilot lets what we assume is impending zombie-hood seep into the corners of the show.

A student shows up at Madison’s office with a face that seems to have scars or sores; rumors of an outbreak of some sort abound. There’s a great moment in the second episode when the police, whom we know are trying to subdue a deadly new kind of creature, is interpreted by a crowd of citizens as a case of police brutality — it’s a gesture of ironic timeliness that The Walking Dead never tried for.

The tenor of Fear the Walking Dead is one of disquiet: Something is going on, and no one really knows what, let alone how it fully manifests itself. Indeed, if we’d never seen The Walking Dead, we’d have little idea what’s up, but that very confusion is something Fear uses as an artistic tool. The first two episodes are beautifully directed by Davidson with serene tension — quietness and confusion are the elements that help create the fear in the show’s title. Fear the Walking Dead has more in common with the supernatural series The Returned — the original French version, not the more awkward American adaptation — than with The Walking Dead.

This isn’t a blood-and-guts fright-show — at least, not in its earliest stages. I suppose there’s a potential problem here: We as an audience know something the characters in Fear do not — we know zombies are a-coming. The challenge for Fear’s makers is to hold the interest of viewers who’ll say, “Come on, come on — let’s get to the zombie killing!”

I’m hoping Fear can hold that audience, because it’s off to a very good start. Dickens and Curtis and the actors playing their kids (Dillane, Alycia Debnam-Carey, and Lorenzo James Henric) are terrific. I was drawn in by the show’s depiction of Nick’s addiction, the way he hides what he needs to use to get high in a copy of the Sherwood Anderson novel Winesburg, Ohio. I loved the way the new show uses the setting of Los Angeles in an original way, opting not to use familiar Hollywood landmarks, but rather the working-class or just-off-the-freeway areas of the city that have a gritty but scrubbed look, a kind of rough innocence just waiting for the show to despoil.

FTWD has art on its addled mind, and is all the better for it.

They are using "Uncle Billy" from Once Were Warriors and The Madame from Sons Of anarchy.

meet me in the lobby TommySuits's Avatar

I thought it was weak...I'll keep watching though

It was a build up seems like its gonna be more suspense than anything else. I liked it for what it was

I didn't know that Obama and What's eating gilbert grape were going to be in this