Thread: GZA - "Beneath The Surface" (Official 1999 Remix)

Default GZA - "Beneath The Surface" (Official 1999 Remix)

every once in a while you'll stumble across some official shit you didn't even know existed. i was just listening to GZA's "Beneath the Surface" (love that album) and reading a bit about it as well. turns out the 12" of the title song featured a remix on the B-side called "Club Remix"...

i found it on YouTube and it definitely sounds like the Arabian Knight or Mathematics beats GZA was ripping on the album with strings and piano. i would guess Arabian Knight is behind this though it's uncredited.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

info on the promo 12" this was on - http://www.discogs.com/GZAGenius-Ben...release/879176

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

shaolin shadowboxer Frank Drebin's Avatar

Arabian knight fucking killed that album. What else has he done for the wu production wise?
    Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    Allah is my bitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodman View Post
    Can’t stand Cilvaringz, by the way.... It’s never us coming with the gimmicks. It’s always on the outside, a "B" Wu guy or somebody like that coming with some crap that’s just so gimmicky. It makes you scratch your head and say, ‘Why Wu-Tang?’ when it’s not Wu-Tang.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    That's a guy in those pictures who's a woman?

^ he produced "High Explosives" for Killah Priest on 'Heavy Mental' and also worked with Priest on "A View From Masada" under the name Q-Base. he did some stuff on Royal Fam's album "Yesterday, Today iz Tomorrow" but i don't remember which tracks.. he's been on all the GZA albums since this one except for the one with Muggs. one track on "The Movement" by Deck... other than that don't think it's too much

that remix brings the heat, many thanks for posting this