Thread: Best official Wu compilation

Default Best official Wu compilation

What Wu hits compilation do you think best represents the spirit & feel of the Wu? There are a lot of them out there, including a comprehensive double disc set (The Essential Wu-Tang Clan) and what could be considered a live compilation (Disciples of the 36 Chambers)

Also, what non-hits compilation do you consider the best? I'm talking about projects like the 'Wu Chronicles ' series, the Killa Bees compilation series, 'Wu-Box : The Cream of the Clan', 'Soundtracks from The Shaolin Temple' etc.

Personally, for the hits I'd go with 'RZA Hits'. The narrations are a nice bonus, and song selection is spot on when it comes to early Wu. But it would have been even better with one more GZA song from LS.

A close second would 'Legend of The Wu', which also included the unedited Protect Ya Neck, Diesel, Sucker MCs, Shaolin Worldwide & the METHOD MAN Skunk Mix (the one with the alternate verses).

For the non-hits comps I'd go with The Swarm. It had a lot of really strong songs by at the time unknown Killa Bees like A.I.G., The Beggaz & The Ruthless Bastards. And the Wu themselves came through with the heat too on that one.

i have "Wu Chronicles", "The RZA Hits" and "Legend of the Wu".. "RZA Hits" are excellent for the hits but i want to have some exclusive stuff on a compilation lke this. i'd go with "Wu Chronicles" from the ones i've heard.

there is also a cool mixtape/complilation released in 1999 called Big Kap & RZA Presents "Wu-Tang Mix" which features a lot of sick tracks, both songs like "Bizarre" by U-God and "Mighty Healthy" by Ghost, and more rare songs such as "Sweetah Love" by Tekitha and "Shattered Armor" by StreetLife.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

that Essential compilation has some exclusives too and covers more of their careers as well

I wonder if record companies (and artists?) rake in a lot of money with these hit comps. they must be if they keep releasing them. there are so many Wu comps (I have about 5 I think), then there's also the individual artists. even Cappa got 'Hits' out only 2 albums deep into his solo career. Ghost had one out after his first 3. and then recently there were those Icon releases (Ghost, Mef & also Redman)

the Big Cap mix claaa7 mentioned is really good, nice mix