Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: CANNIBAL OX - IRON ROSE (ft. MF DOOM) *BLADE OF THE RONIN*

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Matter View Post
    Cannibal Ox & El-P reunite at the WOO-HAH Festival in Holland!

They shouldn't have took this photo. Its going to get too many peoples hopes up lol. Either way I hope we get the 3rd LP soon, with or without El-P. Blade Of The Ronin is pure class.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    They shouldn't have took this photo. Its going to get too many peoples hopes up lol. Either way I hope we get the 3rd LP soon, with or without El-P. Blade Of The Ronin is pure class.

Hahaha, people are already buzzing about it. I wouldn't be surprised if we at least saw a collaboration though. Vordul and El-P worked together as recently as 2008 on Vordul's "Megagraphitti" album.

A third LP would be great though, Blade of the Ronin has been one of the best Hip Hop releases of 2015 imo. It'd be interesting to hear an album from Cannibal Ox with a variety of producers, like the album that was promoted in the CD jacket of "Return of the Ox: Live at CMJ" and slated for 2006 with RZA, Pete Rock, and El-P production contributions.

^ I have that album on my ipod, never realized El-P produced that one although with hindsight it definitely sounds like him.

Bill Cosmiq deserves a lot of credit for BOTR but it would definitely be great to hear what El-P would make for them these days, since his production has changed a lot since then. DJ Premier is also a good shout, throw a Run The Jewels collab on there too.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    ^ I have that album on my ipod, never realized El-P produced that one although with hindsight it definitely sounds like him.

Bill Cosmiq deserves a lot of credit for BOTR but it would definitely be great to hear what El-P would make for them these days, since his production has changed a lot since then. DJ Premier is also a good shout, throw a Run The Jewels collab on there too.
    Yeah I'd definitely be open to those collabs, Premier would just have to rock some hi-hats, lol. I'm pretty sure the El-P production from the 2006 album is From the Planet of Eat, and Mecca & the Ox was the Pete Rock collab. I'd like to hear Cannibal Ox over Stoupe, Havoc, and that unreleased RZA production. Wu Elements like True Master, or 4th Disciple would also mesh well imo. In a recent radio interview they did though, it was stated that a Cannibal Ox, U-God, and Kool Keith collab had been completed. So there's that to look forward to.
    Last edited by Dark Matter; 07-11-2015 at 08:30 PM.