Thread: 7 Hip Hop Artist share their thoughts on the Supreme Clientele 15th Anniversary Today

Default 7 Hip Hop Artist share their thoughts on the Supreme Clientele 15th Anniversary Today

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Glad to see so much love for One, real gem on that project. Ju Ju was always the better Beatnut, production wise and lyrically.

very good read, makes me want to throw on "SC"

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Peace CT

Great read, thanx. Had the cassette back then which is better than cd cuz it didn't have those dumb skits which is albums only flaw. Never a real big "one" fan so i see I am odd man out on that. Peace

cool read. interesting to hear some artists opinions on such a great album

SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR

Favorite Song(s) on the Album and Why:
    ''One' simply because Ju Ju did the beat, a Wu and Beatnuts mash up is still a crazy idea. 'Mighty Healthy,' but I heard that on The Swarm compilation project already, still a underground Wu Classic tho -- the DuPont jacket in the video! 'Ghost Deini' and 'We Made It' are stand outs on the album too."
    ??
    We do it for the people.

Veteran Member

Very good read. I will listen to S.C today
    WU-TANG FOREVER.
    GHANA REPRESENTING

anyone else have both versions of Supreme Clientele? which do you prefer?

I was listening to the Canadian pressing and enjoy it much more. I had always had the normal release, that doesn't have The Rain on it. but I think that song was on one of the Hidden Dart compilations. so when I heard the Canadian version for the first time it definitely caught my attention right away

I just think its arranged better as well

Quote Originally Posted by THE MASON View Post
    anyone else have both versions of Supreme Clientele? which do you prefer?

I was listening to the Canadian pressing and enjoy it much more. I had always had the normal release, that doesn't have The Rain on it. but I think that song was on one of the Hidden Dart compilations. so when I heard the Canadian version for the first time it definitely caught my attention right away

I just think its arranged better as well
    i bought the album on its release date and it had the tracklisting for the Canadian version printed on it but it was the regular version on the disc though. i believe the Canadian version is kind of like "the original version" that Ghost and RZA initially wanted it to be heard. i love the flow of the Canadian version, especially how it incorporates the "Impossible" verse and the more hard knocking version of "G-Dini" (can never decide which version i like better of that song).

however if i had to pick one, I'd go with the normal version, maybe bc it's the version i first had and have played the shit out of + "The Grain" is on there which is a real sick track, "Wu Banga 101" has the extra Ghost verse, the "Child's Play" verson (which is one of my favorites) is stronger with the extra variations on the beat, the skits plays better with the additional background music in...

i remember i grabbed the mixtape mix of "In The Rain" from Napster or something back in 2000, i much prefer this version:

http://wutang-corp.com/shared/mp3/gh...wutangcorp.mp3

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

I don't really like the Canadian version. I like the new beat on G-Deini better, the Impossible verse is way out of place, and without the beat switches Child's Play goes from a classic song to an ok, bordering on annoying, song.
    As for myself: I had come to the conclusion that there was nothing sacred about myself or any human being, that we were all machines, doomed to collide and collide and collide.
    - Kurt Vonnegut

'rapping through post'

I like 'em both but I hardly listen to the Canadian version anymore
    Retired.

what i don't get about the Canadian version though, supposedly it got changed for sample clearance issues.. but the version of "Wise / In The Rain" that is on there is replayed if i'm not mistaken? the version with the sample is the mixtape verison i posted above, right? so what's the deal...

also how could they clear the "Bastards" sample for Ruthless Bastards but not for Ghost's album, hmmm....