Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who Told the First Lie in the Bible ?

The Smell of The Future LORD NOSE's Avatar

Default Who Told the First Lie in the Bible ?

Genesis

8 Now the Lord God had planted a garden in the east, in Eden; and there he put the man he had formed.

9 The Lord God made all kinds of trees grow out of the ground — trees that were pleasing to the eye and good for food. In the middle of the garden were the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

15 The Lord God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it.

16 And the Lord God commanded the man, “You are free to eat from any tree in the garden;

17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die.”

3 Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the Lord God had made. He said to the woman, “Did God really say, ‘You must not eat from any tree in the garden’?”

2 The woman said to the serpent, “We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden,

3 but God did say, ‘You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.’”

4 “You will not certainly die,” the serpent said to the woman.

5 “For God knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”

22 And the Lord God said, “The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.

“Cursed is the ground because of you;
    through painful toil you will eat food from it
    all the days of your life.

18 It will produce thorns and thistles for you,
    and you will eat the plants of the field.
    19 By the sweat of your brow
    you will eat your food
    until you return to the ground,
    since from it you were taken;
    for dust you are
    and to dust you will return.”

So .....what ?.....man didn't have to eat food before all of this happened ?

cer·tain·ly
    ˈsərtnlē/
    adverb
    undoubtedly; definitely; surely.
    "the prestigious address certainly adds to the firm's appeal"
    synonyms: unquestionably, surely, assuredly, definitely, beyond/without question, without doubt, indubitably, undeniably, irrefutably, indisputably; More
    antonyms: possibly
    (in answer to a question or command) yes; by all means.
    "“A good idea,” she agreed. “Certainly!”"
    synonyms: yes, definitely, absolutely, sure, by all means, indeed, of course, naturally

Banned

Is this serous? Man didn't have to eat food?

27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

Its on the first page of my King James Bible lol

The first lie is which creation story is "true"
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

God Beside Me Guarded By Martyrs's Avatar
    Front Row Tickets |Watching The Apocalypse|

Quote Originally Posted by LORD NOSE View Post
    Genesis
    8 Now the Lord God had planted a garden in the east, in Eden; and there he put the man he had formed.
    Eden = Earth = Garden

9 The Lord God made all kinds of trees grow out of the ground — trees that were pleasing to the eye and good for food. In the middle of the garden were the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

15 The Lord God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it.

16 And the Lord God commanded the man,
    “You are free to eat from any tree in the garden;

17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die.”

Die : as in you will cease to be what you are now and will be reborn.

At this point we can not understand what "eating" was to Adam before he fell. Nor understand what God meant by this as it is above our consciousness
    And was certainly not what we do everyday to survive today....technically flowers eat.

Though the colours are backwards in the film....
    It's basically the same story:

Adam/Neo was "eating" blue pills and the Serpent/Morpheus offers the truth to Eve/Trinity
    The paradox lies in not understanding the term "Truth" and the curiosity of understanding
    Something you were unaware even existed (The Matrix) proved too great to bare.

3 Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the Lord God had made. He said to the woman, “Did God really say, ‘You must not eat from any tree in the garden’?”

2 The woman said to the serpent, “We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden,

3 but God did say, ‘You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.’”

4 “You will not certainly die,” the serpent said to the woman.

Not physically, no. But you will no longer be what you are now.

5 “For God knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”
    Again it is underlined that it is not a necessity to eat from this tree....
    Perhaps indicating that the fruit is completely different than the rest in terms of structure.
    I guess I'm trying to say the fruit the other trees would bear were like seeds of light
    And were for energy /fuel not sustenance hence a being of a different make-up would "eat"
    These seeds of light to continue to be part of The All (Allah) however once the fruit
    (as in actual fruit) came into contact with their system the light was dimmed drastically.

22 And the Lord God said, “The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.

Yeah you can't have the best of both world or have your cake and eat it.
    The difference from then to now is now we only have an immortal spirit rather than both
    It and the body/vessel being a constant.

“Cursed is the ground because of you;
    through painful toil you will eat food from it
    all the days of your life.

18 It will produce thorns and thistles for you,
    and you will eat the plants of the field.
    19 By the sweat of your brow
    you will eat your food
    until you return to the ground,
    since from it you were taken;
    for dust you are
    and to dust you will return.”

So .....what ?.....man didn't have to eat food before all of this happened ?
    Yes that's correct:

Not food as we know it today....as I eluded to earlier Light is food to Flowers & Plants
    Excrement is food to flies as Blood is to Vampires etc...

We consider the act of eating to be a necessity.

Notice God says : "You Are Free To Eat..."
    He doesn't say : "You Must Eat"

What if you used to be able to "eat" without even realizing you are doing so?

Still....the act of even being able to talk to a fucking Serpent should indicate :
    That they were connected with creation much like in the Avatar film.
    In a world housing a completely different atmosphere where lies were seen a mile off :
    (and did the Serpent lie?)
    In which telepathy would have been the forefront communication used in a world
    Which operated with 2 Suns until the great accident / disaster spoken upon in Noah's Arc.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hound View Post
    28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth
    So someone was here before us?
    We aren't...."The First Gardeners?"
    I thought this was "In The Beginning...."

and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea,
    and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
    This could simply mean that you are the masters of this Earth
    And you shall be revered as such by the fish, fowl & every living thing on this earth.
    It only implies them as food to our eyes now due to the time we are reading it in
    And being under the impression that we all....male & female never had a 3rd eye.

Dominion = Control

This gives precedence to lines like :

"In The Time Before They Climbed Aboard A Dinosaur"

-- Killah Priest

29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

Its on the first page of my King James Bible lol

The first lie is which creation story is "true"
    lol don't you see?

"To You It Shall Be For Meat"

So they aren't eating :
    The fish of the sea, the fowl of the air & every living thing on the earth
    Because they have special trees designed for them so they don't need to eat meat
    I don't think it's implied they even eat the fruit? instead they are given the seeds!

It's interesting when scientists tell you we are not designed to be carnivores.
    That our bodies are not well equipped to live in this environment we now find ourselves in.
    It used to be "A Whole New World"

"Let Us Make Man In Our Image, After Our Likeness"

Now that would imply that before Eve & then Adam fell they didn't need to eat:
    So if they did need to eat would that mean that God & Angels/Elohim does also?

Good Thread.
    Last edited by Guarded By Martyrs; 02-13-2015 at 12:30 AM.

Banned

I didn't say that they were eating animals. Man was created and had access to food from day one, the fruit

In later versions of the bible it says fruit and not meat

29 And God said, “See, I have given you every herb that yields seed which is on the face of all the earth, and every tree whose fruit yields seed; to you it shall be for food.
    Last edited by The Hound; 02-12-2015 at 02:42 PM.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

I was trying to highlight the connection / relationship that Man
    Once had with his outside kingdom and the only way to uphold this would be to :
    "eat" from the tree of life which signifies the spirit therefor this doesn't qualify as eating In terms of matter or how you are perceiving the act of eating these seeds....it's different.

What you are talking about takes place after Adam fell : the act of eating.
    What I am talking about takes place before this event so how can they be the same:
    When it's no longer the same being no longer doing the same act?

From day one would mean he is surrounded by trees & fruit
    But does not NEED to eat any of them as he has not yet fallen.
    The punishment or fallout for doing so is that NOW you need to eat

Man did not need to do so before this happened.
    You see what I'm trying to say?

Banned

What I am talking about takes place after? It's literally the first thing god says to man/Adam after he creates him. In both accounts god creates man and instructs him to eat.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

{>____<}

This thread is being heavily moderated!

Contribute or keep it moving. Any insults, any spam, jokes, or immature posts will be deleted!

What I am talking about takes place after? It's literally the first thing god says to man/Adam after he creates him. In both accounts god creates man and instructs him to eat.
    After yes.
    After he fell....after he gained the knowledge of good & evil.
    That's what you are talking about : the act of eating.

I'm saying before that happened before that event took place:
    What Adam / Man was doing was not "eating" but taking the essence of the fruit itself:
    It's seeds....an entirely different act & process altogether.

Like I mentioned before....does a flower "eat" light?
    Or better yet, do you think flowers call their intake & conversion "Photosynthesis"?

See what I'm getting at?
    Last edited by Guarded By Martyrs; 02-12-2015 at 11:33 PM.

Banned

Dude, this is not after the fall this is before it. The fall happens in Genesis 3...these passages are from genesis 1 and 2. The woman/eve even says to the serpent they're allowed to eat fruit from certain trees...they were already eating as their per God's instructions...there was no existing without eating

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

I know, that's what I'm saying as well.

But you are not grasping what I'm getting at.
    I feel like I'm just repeating what I've already wrote.

I'm saying that their consumption of the seeds from the fruit of other certain trees:
    Was not them eating or the act of eating as we know it today.

Think of it like all the other certain trees were like generators....
    And they hold "battery-seeds" for the tenders of the garden to use.

The act of actually eating the forbidden fruit caused the batteries to no longer work.
    Or are now deemed "Off Limits" by God.

Everything before the fall : all the fruits from certain other trees....
    I'm saying they were different from what the tree of knowledge would bear.

"The Physical Act Of Eating" caused the need to eat for the rest of the days of your life:
    This was the punishment or price to pay for now having knowledge of Good & Evil....
    Otherwise why mention this as the punishment sounds like it's now put into place
    Whereas before it was not implicated?

I mentioned the fact she's able to communicate with the Serpent:
    That ties into what I'm saying about the certain other trees....
    They make that interaction possible because they are not like the fruit
    That Adam & Eve actually ate!

Like I said does a flower eat light? if the answer is yes....then yes, they did "eat"
    Last edited by Guarded By Martyrs; 02-13-2015 at 12:35 AM.

The snake.

The snake replied, “That's not true; you will not die.*

Quote Originally Posted by zooruka View Post
    The snake.
    Ok - what lie did the snake tell ?

never mind i didn't see the quoted text under your answer
    Last edited by LORD NOSE; 02-13-2015 at 02:41 AM.

It may be important to Briefly get into the 2 "Creation" stories written in Genesis

The differences between God and the Lord God

The fact that the command was given to The Man before the Woman was made

The Heavens and the earth that was created versus the Heavens and the earth that was Made.

The build will also go smoother if everyone involved took time out to read the first few pages of Genesis

The Fall

2 The woman said to the serpent, “We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, 3 but God did say, ‘You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.’”

4 “You will not certainly die,” the serpent said to the woman. 5 “For God knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”

21 The Lord God made garments of skin for Adam and his wife and clothed them. 22 And the Lord God said, “The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.”