Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who Told the First Lie in the Bible ?

Banned

@Guarded By Martyrs

I get what you mean. To use the photosynthesis analogy, was it eating or some kind of absortion...I always interpreted it as literal eating due to the same references to eating from man, woman and God but there I do accept that my interpretations are heavily biased and possibly even ignorant to what could have been intended.

I understand your point and see what you mean but I always interpreted it as literally eating.

It also could be that modern bible's are simplifying the terminology. My bible is probably 100 years old or, it at the very least goes back to 1943 which is when my great grandfather dated it, so versions and translations that go further back might even more ambiguous as opposed to the ones now that simplify it.

Quote Originally Posted by zooruka View Post
    The snake.
    But Lord God said that on the day they eat from the tree they shall die...but they didn't. So you could say that God was the one who told the first lie as a way of preventing man from eating of the tree of knowledge.

The serpent's words are deceptive, you won't die...now...and they didn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by LORD NOSE View Post
    It may be important to Briefly get into the 2 "Creation" stories written in Genesis

The differences between God and the Lord God

The fact that the command was given to The Man before the Woman was made

The Heavens and the earth that was created versus the Heavens and the earth that was Made.

The build will also go smoother if everyone involved took time out to read the first few pages of Genesis
    I always thought that they way Genesis is written it is almost like there was more than one "God" and almost like a good one (God) and a bad one (Lord God) it seems too convenient to say there is translation issues between the two terms, especially if you consider the Sumerian belief system of a sort of structure of God's
    Last edited by The Hound; 02-13-2015 at 04:24 AM.
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hound View Post

But Lord God said that on the day they eat from the tree they shall die...but they didn't. So you could say that God was the one who told the first lie as a way of preventing man from eating of the tree of knowledge.

Yes man does die.....There is no lie.

They must not be allowed to take fruit from the tree that gives life, eat it, and live forever.”*
    The snake on the other hand said they wouldn't die.

The snake replied, “That's not true; you will not die.
    You decide who is lying and who is telling the truth.

Edit: Nowhere is now ever mentioned.

The Smell of The Future LORD NOSE's Avatar

The KJV says this

17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

I always thought that they way Genesis is written it is almost like there was more than one "God" and almost like a good one (God) and a bad one (Lord God) it seems too convenient to say there is translation issues between the two terms, especially if you consider the Sumerian belief system of a sort of structure of God's
    it's something worth looking into being that the whole world is influenced by what is written in the bible

Yes man does die.....There is no lie.

The snake on the other hand said they wouldn't die.

You decide who is lying and who is telling the truth.

Edit: Nowhere is now ever mentioned.
    Nice - did they die because of the content of the fruit, or did they die because the "Lord God" blocked them from obtaining knowledge of how to live ?

__________________________________________________ ______________

what part of man calls for/ craves for food ?
    what part of man is it that has a desire to devour life on the planet in order for it to gain energy for itself ?

Banned

But that's the point...it's deception...it's not the eating of the fruit that causes death It's God that gives man the choice to eat from the tree of life

4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:
    5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

That's exactly what happened

22 And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

(now was my own addition, to signify the deception...you won't die NOW if you eat it and they didn't)

IMO the serpent doesn't lie. He deceives but he doesn't lie.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

But that's the point...it's deception...it's not the eating of the fruit that causes death It's God that gives man the choice to eat from the tree of life

4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:
    5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

That's exactly what happened

22 And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

(now was my own addition, to signify the deception...you won't die NOW if you eat it and they didn't)

IMO the serpent doesn't lie. He deceives but he doesn't lie.

understood

and since God are those who know Good and Evel, If They do what they know, they aren't exempt from Lying ...which is considered evel -

The Man has become like ONE of Them and then They shortened Adams life -

IMO - the Lord God is a Kalifah of The God The Creator - The Lord God MADE Adam - He didn't CREATE Man - Who's Lying ?

Who told the very first Lie in the Bible ?

Banned

The KJV says this

17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.
    That's why I think this is the first lie, because it is not the fruit that causes death but the Lord God's actions

it's something worth looking into being that the whole world is influenced by what is written in the bible
    I agree, and so much of that influence is open to interpretation as well. If there was no ambiguity in the bible the "who told the first lie" would not even be a question.

It's a pretty interesting question

Nice - did they die because of the content of the fruit, or did they die because the "Lord God" blocked them from obtaining knowledge of how to live ?
    If man does reach out and eat from the tree of life and becomes as God does, then there is no reason for Jesus the creator of all things to be born as the saviour of mankind.

Was that the plan all along? I don't get the feeling that the God/Lord God would have wanted man to have become as God/Lord Was when it seems to me that even though man lived with God/Lord they were not equals

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Banned

understood

and since God are those who know Good and Evel, If They do what they know, they aren't exempt from Lying ...which is considered evel -

The Man has become like ONE of Them and then They shortened Adams life -

IMO - the Lord God is a Kalifah of The God The Creator - The Lord God MADE Adam - He didn't CREATE Man - Who's Lying ?

Who told the very first Lie in the Bible ?
    If God/Lord God was all mighty and powerful without faults and knew everything then Adam and Eve could not possibly hide from him. It seems to me that trying to avoid Lord God means that there were limitations.

Jesus is presumably the true creator of all things...so Jesus creates man and the Lord God creates Adam?

Jumping to Genesis 4

1 And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the Lord.
    2 And she again bare his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.

The Lord helps create Cain, what about Abel? Cain is jealous, lazy and ultimately murders while Abel is hard working, pretty contrasting traits between the two with one being helped conceived by the Lord and the other is not clear. Adam and Eve were not created this way, Eve was deceived though, so why was Cain born with wickedness?

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

The original explosion causes everything to fragment endlessly, making all things, and all things to come, possible - One side draws from all because it is lacking - Another side consistently provides/gives to All

Cain Can't/Couldn't Provide what Abel was/is Able to Provide.

I don't see Jesus as being the Creator of all things, he was destined to come in order for him to Provide us the Knowledge of how to Live - we have slowly been picking up bits and pieces of information that will lead us back to eventually having eternal life - Death is unnecessary - Life never stops - but we chose to stop living.

It's also possible that the Man that God Created is the Lord God

Banned

Was God the first sinner? It seems to me like God was...envious...of the serpent. Eve takes the serpents word directly over God's via Adam. Seems logical to be curious in that situation. Man was made in God's image, God lied and God sinned and so too did humans.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Was God the first sinner?
    God lied and God sinned

God is light, and there is no darkness at all in him.

Banned

19 And Joshua said unto the people, Ye cannot serve the Lord: for he is an holy God; he is a jealous God; he will not forgive your transgressions nor your sins.

20 If ye forsake the Lord, and serve strange gods, then he will turn and do you hurt, and consume you, after that he hath done you good.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Was God the first sinner? It seems to me like God was...envious...of the serpent. Eve takes the serpents word directly over God's via Adam. Seems logical to be curious in that situation. Man was made in God's image, God lied and God sinned and so too did humans.

God is a Group

Let us make man in our image

The Man has now become like one of us

12 major
    12 minor

AM
    PM

Yah
    Weh

Yes
    No

there is a higher heavenly part of us that is connected to that which moves/animates us
    and a dominant supreme mind that governs that

then there is that earthly portion of us that is fueled by a lower vibration

for that lack of better words

our higher portion thirst for that which comes from the infinite source
    while our lower portion hungers for what the earth provides.

as we continue the build, the words and understanding of it all will get clearer

Quote:
    God is light, and there is no darkness at all in him..

saying that God is light puts limits on God

Light is limited

Quote Originally Posted by Guarded By Martyrs View Post
    Eden = Earth = Garden

[b]Again it is underlined that it is not a necessity to eat from this tree....

could you see this as being the seperation between heaven and hell ?

the serpent being thrown down to earth from the heights of heaven as being an internal rearrangement in man ?

...the serpent at one time existed in the heavens but was thrown down to reside in the lower parts of man - ..............i'll try to demonstrate this with an image in a few

...but for now....look at the symbol of health and how the serpent or serpents are in submission to the dome of the staff or the mind of God - imagine the serpent being coiled down at the bottom of the staff with it's belly full, resting in a deep sleep in order to digest what it just took in.

So the LORD God said to the serpent, "Because you have done this, "Cursed are you above all livestock and all wild animals! You will crawl on your belly and you will eat dust all the days of your life.

also, see Man and Woman as this garden for a few
    Last edited by LORD NOSE; 02-14-2015 at 03:20 PM.