Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: black mirror

Black Mirror is one of the best things on Netflix.

We watched the episode where the British PM is forced to fuck a pig, in class. It had gotten out of hand somewhat. See, we were supposed to watch the first episode of a German show or the first half of a German movie right before the Easter holiday but then when the time came they wanted to see a stand alone within the 50 minute time frame. I caved in and on Netflix the kids landed on 'BM' since they are all stand alone eps. They selected the shortest episode, which was the very first one (SA, E1). When we were watching it (in English, in German class) I was like 'this is awesome, but we totally can't be watching this' lol.
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 06-18-2023 at 08:05 AM.
    Retired.

i still maintain. this show was way better when it was strictly curated by the british creators. the hollywood influence kinda cheapened it. and nothing's worse than netflix's filthy hands on any good IP

Banned

I watched the first 5 or 6 episodes which I think were all the British ones and haven't gone across to the Netflix era, the pig fucking episode was great as was that one where they ride the exercise bikes for credits but the memory one is my favourite so far. This series just makes me want to go on a massive Twilight Zone binge there needs to be more shows like this.
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Charlie Brooker is still showrunner and writes all the episodes so if you don't like it now blame him. Personally I don't think theres a noticeable dropoff in quality.

One of the best early episodes to me is 'Be Right Back'. 'White Xmas' is great too.

Season 3 was really good, and the Striking Vipers episode that everybody hated. Even the weaker eps are interesting though.

Ok this season has the first season feel i love so much, i don’t know but there’s something about tech gone amiss in what’s like a boring British Outland that adds the dread effect for me . I think my Hangup is the whole big city modern age vibe . It kinda makes the themes redundant . Really enjoying this season .

Episode 2 is a great example of that I’m talking about

I just watched 'Joan Is Awful' so far, which is a genius concept. Anything they put on this show is possible a few years from now, but I would never have thought of that.

Also, Salma Hayek looks great and her vocal cords are shot. Just get a 20 year old to dub her from now on.