Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Once Upon A Time In Shaolin...

Quote Originally Posted by Cilvaringz View Post
    What believe has happened, and I'm not sure since I wasn't there, but I believe XXL told him we scrapped the single copy album idea and went straight to just releasing it in 88 years. And of course I would've then responded the same way. All this shit, not just limited to Meth's response by the way, but all over the press, came from the misleading headline Forbes used for their last story in which it says "Wu-Tang Clan to release album in 88 years". That is simply not true and misleading. This is not being released by the Clan, not now, not in 100 years, not in 88 years. It only relates to the eventual owner and that he has no right to just sell it commercially for 88 years. Because if we allowed immediate sale afterwards, this would not be a unique approach to music anymore, but a simple record deal with a pompous marketing ploy. Should he or she feel the need to release it for free to the world the minute he owned it, then hip hip hooray and everybody's happy.
    When does the auction start?

Ps, can't wait for Skrillex to release it for free- remixed in Dubstep

Veteran Member

the joke and disrespect to the fans continues....

shaolin shadowboxer Frank Drebin's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Cilvaringz View Post
    Because if we allowed immediate sale afterwards, this would not be a unique approach to music anymore, but a simple record deal with a pompous marketing ploy
    Last edited by Frank Drebin; 03-10-2015 at 07:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    Allah is my bitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodman View Post
    Can’t stand Cilvaringz, by the way.... It’s never us coming with the gimmicks. It’s always on the outside, a "B" Wu guy or somebody like that coming with some crap that’s just so gimmicky. It makes you scratch your head and say, ‘Why Wu-Tang?’ when it’s not Wu-Tang.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    That's a guy in those pictures who's a woman?

the thing is wu-tang fans need to understand something, are you man enough to say f**k wu-tang? you should do this and never buy anything related to them ever! don't be pu**ies and ignore them, the thing is life is long and the money that they have made of you will someday expire.
    this comes from someone who bootlegged most of their albums because of geographical reasons.
    anyway now I don't feel bad about that.
    don't be pu##ies and stand up if you are man enough and say f##k wu-tang.
    I am not mad if I never hear this album, I am mad that we never got to hear a Method Man album in 96, and rza produced Ins album, A holocaust album 98, a killa sin album, the cure, timbo king album, myalanksky album, a superb album, a real street life album,... even if this once upon a time album is the best album ever and free it is simply to late, nothing can make up for the disappointments.
    so why are you giving Cilva so much power, he is the perfect example why stereotypes are wrong, Rza surrounded himself with a jew( remedy) and an "muslim" (cilva), if stereotypes were right remedy would have come with this idea, but no the "muslim" comes with this idea of trying to screw the fans, by the way I am a muslim too.
    this is clearly about money! and nothing else.

I see this as a way for a Superfan to cement his status in something he loves (Cilvaringz) and I am proud of him for getting this far.

But this is still fucked up.

The buyer of the box will most likely share, leak it or DJ bootleg this Cilvaringz x Wu-Tang CD project for free since they can't make money out of it anyway, and if the person don't wanna share it I'm sure Islord will get his hands on this in no time and release it together with his mixtape
    Last edited by mAlAkAz; 03-10-2015 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Drebin View Post
    I don't see why not? They want $5million right, there's like 100 of us on the site that's only $50k each. Plus Skampoe could enter pie eating competitions, Charles Jones could open up a foot massage shop and Art could ask his parents for an increase in his allowance.

Quote Originally Posted by FakeAlias View Post
    Trust me, guys, it's better if the Wu-Tang fans don't hear an album specifically made for Wu-Tang fans.

You'll understand one day.

Quote Originally Posted by blaksteez View Post
    Fuck it. It's just an album end of the day. Whether we hear it or not doesn't means hit in the bigger scheme of things. But anyway what about every WU fan throw all funds together and if for this album? I mean who really cares about the box? We want the music? So if everyone threw cash together and went for this bid , then whoever contributes gets crystal clear download or some shot like that.. could this work or not? Cilvaringz if this happened would it be possible if say you put this bid on all online music sellers and even shops like a kind of mass bid?whoever contributesgets a download or cd once you reach that high bid you want? :/
    In theory the idea works. But it was tried a year ago and failed.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ans-for-wu-peo

Source: http://www.okayplayer.com/news/wu-ta...ret-album.html

"The game is to be sold, not to be told"

Any thought of making a video and pleading your case to the eventual owner to let you hear it??

only islord can get this album to the masses, no one outbids islord...no one outcreates islord..NO ONE IS ISLORD

FRESH FISH

Oh, stop the BS.

"Fuck that shit...that shit is stupid. Give the people the music...by then the music will be played out, if it isn't played out already."

Method Man scoffed at the idea of an album that will not be available for people to buy for at least 88 years.

What is inaccurate about that? Yes, the buyer COULD release it for free, but that doesn't mean he or she will, and that doesn't change the basic statement. And yes, technically the buyer will just get the commercial rights - that also doesn't change the basic statement. The only possibility of commercial release for this album is in 88 years; there is no guaranteed release before then.

Trotting out these little footnote details and trying to act like Meth was totally misinformed is so shady. Look at the press releases. Every article about this thing was "You might be able to buy the Wu-Tang album - in 88 years." "We went to the Wu-Tang secret album listening session and heard it for the first and last time - for 88 years." "You might be dead before Wu-Tang's next album comes out." Those are the headlines; this is the byline, the hook, the summary, in a sentence. You can't pitch that to the media and then get annoyed when the media gives that same basic summary to Method Man. What are they supposed to do, pull up the website and go over all the cryptic details and nuances of the contract, which don't change the basic elevator pitch for the 88-year idea anyway? Is the album for sure going to be released to the public? Does the buyer get commercial rights before 88 years? No? Then nobody's confused.
    Last edited by FakeAlias; 03-10-2015 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RuStY_WU-Chain View Post
    yo ringz why are you threatening people on facebook and youtube for posting ouatis snippets? if you didnt want your shitty low quality album clippings to leak you should not have leaked them yourself in the first place! deal with it like a man or not at all! thats serious disrespect dude str8 up! you have no right to threaten people outside of this site for bootleg content that you distributed yourself. bottom line. deal with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by RuStY_WU-Chain View Post

haha, that's too funny. i swear, every time i check out this thread there's a new, laughable incident.

and the way the music news media has covered this is equally funny. i don't think i've seen cilvaringz name connected to this album, except right at the start. it's now, officially, a "Wu-Tang Album" lol. I guess that gives you an idea of the laziness/ignorance in operation at most online music magazines.

i look forward to listening to a pirated version of this, a day after someone buys it. i always thought the concept was cool - the constant delays have just dulled my enthusiasm.

SHAOLIN STUDENT

Quote Originally Posted by SuperNaturalWU View Post
    the thing is wu-tang fans need to understand something, are you man enough to say f**k wu-tang? you should do this and never buy anything related to them ever! don't be pu**ies and ignore them, the thing is life is long and the money that they have made of you will someday expire.
    this comes from someone who bootlegged most of their albums because of geographical reasons.
    anyway now I don't feel bad about that.
    don't be pu##ies and stand up if you are man enough and say f##k wu-tang.
    I am not mad if I never hear this album, I am mad that we never got to hear a Method Man album in 96, and rza produced Ins album, A holocaust album 98, a killa sin album, the cure, timbo king album, myalanksky album, a superb album, a real street life album,... even if this once upon a time album is the best album ever and free it is simply to late, nothing can make up for the disappointments.
    so why are you giving Cilva so much power, he is the perfect example why stereotypes are wrong, Rza surrounded himself with a jew( remedy) and an "muslim" (cilva), if stereotypes were right remedy would have come with this idea, but no the "muslim" comes with this idea of trying to screw the fans, by the way I am a muslim too.
    this is clearly about money! and nothing else.
    A Rza produced Ins album yeah I would like to hear that. And The cure... the reason I hate Robert Diggs ! According to me Wu tang clan is done, they gave what they had to give to the music universe. When I wanna hear wu shit I listen to the 93-97 era albums and sometimes albums from the 98-00 era, that's all ! I won't buy anything else from the clan ! Wu is dead !

Quote Originally Posted by The blackma View Post
    A Rza produced Ins album yeah I would like to hear that.
    Why do you want to hear INS over acoustic guitars with Nathaniel on the hook?

Would be worse than:

Melf Nederlandse lifestyle & hiphop community. Voor bazen. De beste website van de wereld.[