Page 1 of 34 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Once Upon A Time In Shaolin...

CILVARINGZ: We thought long and hard about whether to defy art world conventions and transfer all rights to public release to the buyer. But we genuinely felt that a swift public release after such a radical concept would neutralize the statement we are making. So we decided that the right to release the album would be transferred only after 88 years have passed
    /closethread

Ooooh shit!

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

Wish I never woulda known about this, now i gotta spend millions to get it!!! if that background music on paddle8 is anything like the beats on the album, then this shit would be worth every damn dollar to listen to it!!!!
    SONS ARE BORN AND GUNS ARE DRAWN, CLIPS ARE FULLY LOADED AND THEN BLOOD FLOODS THE LAWN............

Oooh shit!! 88 years!! maaan, I can't wait!! :-D
    STAY TUNED.

Quote Originally Posted by wumasta1214 View Post
    Wish I never woulda known about this, now i gotta spend millions to get it!!! if that background music on paddle8 is anything like the beats on the album, then this shit would be worth every damn dollar to listen to it!!!!
    lol.. correct me if I'm wrong, but it's Beethoven playing in the background

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

Quote Originally Posted by wumasta1214 View Post
    if that background music on paddle8 is anything like the beats on the album, then this shit would be worth every damn dollar to listen to it!!!!

^ That music is from one of those Mental Chamberz albums from the Wuki pack.
    STAY TUNED.

88 years = it makes for a great statement about art, I am happy they have taken this direction. It will rekindle / further cement the interest in hiphop in general and WTC in particular in the age of our grandchildren.

I am still hoping for a museum tour but I can see how the new owner could decide on it.

I know everyone wants to hear the music (so do I, obviously) and some probably won't like this news, but I think the statement is as important as the music itself so it's fine with me.
    Retired.

Banned

CILVARINGZ: We thought long and hard about whether to defy art world conventions and transfer all rights to public release to the buyer. But we genuinely felt that a swift public release after such a radical concept would neutralize the statement we are making. So we decided that the right to release the album would be transferred only after 88 years have passed
    What he really means is they didn't want the buyer making more money off the release than them
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by 5th state View Post
    88 years = it makes for a great statement about art, I am happy they have taken this direction. It will rekindle / further cement the interest in hiphop in general and WTC in particular in the age of our grandchildren.

I am still hoping for a museum tour but I can see how the new owner could decide on it.

I know everyone wants to hear the music (so do I, obviously) and some probably won't like this news, but I think the statement is as important as the music itself so it's fine with me.
    We're living in a world of instant gratification. People wan't their music now, and next week they're onto the next LP, this ain't 1995, people don't buy albums now and appreciate that shit for years to come, Music nowadays is the equivalent of fast food. Buy it, Eat it, Shit it out. Forgotten about the next day. Ain't nobody checking for Wutang in 2015, I very much doubt anybody will be checking Wutang in 2103...

^^that's a possible scenario, but I think this release of the actual album then might jolt interest in hiphop & WTC cuz it will be a media circus. I really think the media will pick up the story then simply cuz it makes for a great story

if you replace Wu-Tang Clan double album with say an unreleased album by a jazz great or a classical composer and add the story of how the deal was struck way back when, don't you think media would pick it up as well? I think this story will transcend the actual genre of music but at the same time will rekindle interest in that particular genre

of course we're all just guessing but these are the kind of hypothetical discussions I enjoy
    Retired.

Banned

Artists need to release better albums. Hip Hop is the worst for albums for of filler content with intros, outros, skits, remixes, half arsed throwaway songs. Hip Hop albums are a lot like buying a packet of chips that's 80% air and 20% chips
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by 5th state View Post
    i am still hoping for a museum tour but i can see how the new owner could decide on it.
    +1

Do your thing Ringz.

Cilvaring's Father deezGlazedTonsils1981's Avatar

This whole "art" nonsense is getting played out. I had literally started to forget this album until today. I'm sure once it's sold within the year nobody will even be thinking about it and it's rich owner