Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Once Upon A Time In Shaolin...

we decided that the right to release the album would be transferred only after 88 years have passed

This whole campaign is just straight up corny. What a fucking scam

PRODIGAL SUN

^^lmao
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenWrists View Post

^^hahahha
    STAY TUNED.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by molisz View Post
    We are dealing with Cilvaringz here after all.

Im guessing Cilvaringz will be busy deleting more threads in the future.

Some jewels from that hiphopdx article how RZA and Cilva "tweaked" the story about this album.

Lots of omissions how that album went down.

(1) RZA didnt know about it because Cilva told him at the end of 2013/ beginning of 2014 (he had to after Rae blew the whistle).

(2) Verses were emailed not recorded in studio.

(3) Notice how the article says RZA and Cilvaringz did the work, except its not true.

(4) I like that little story about trip to Egypt and how this 1 album idea came out, cute and also fake.

(5) They didnt broke down the story to other clan members 3 years ago because (1)

(6) That 88 years wait for rights to be transfered is obvious for anyone with a brain, basically to prevent whoever wins the auction to make money on this album.

(7) Too many false statements in this whole story, thats why original thread had to go.

(8) Im not even suprised about all this crap, only disappointed how quickly RZA smelled money and went with this bullshit.
    This guy got no shame being dishonest to himself and feeding the media bullshit

I get a feeling the truth will prevail before they attempt to sell the album and hopefully decrease the value dramatically to the point it wont even be worth auctioning

Many Wu fam are angry at Cilva for the tactics he has used to promote the project and dont think he will ever be able to surround himself with the Wu again after this

This project has become a joke and most in the industry are finding out why

When you play people this way its only right it comes back around around ti bite you

Quote Originally Posted by TRONIX View Post
    This guy got no shame being dishonest to himself and feeding the media bullshit

I get a feeling the truth will prevail before they attempt to sell the album and hopefully decrease the value dramatically to the point it wont even be worth auctioning

Many Wu fam are angry at Cilva for the tactics he has used to promote the project and dont think he will ever be able to surround himself with the Wu again after this

This project has become a joke and most in the industry are finding out why

When you play people this way its only right it comes back around around ti bite you
    ^ I have yet to see any Wu members speak against this shit. I do know some cats were upset about the shady Wuki situation, I believe it was Shogun. But it seems like all the members are on board with this bullshit.
    STAY TUNED.

niggaz is mad now!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenWrists View Post

aaahahah classic warcloud

Quote Originally Posted by Antonelli View Post
    He did this shit for money and fame. Fuck this album.
    found out what type of greedy person cilva is with that wuki package, id never support anything he releases after that either.
    you can tell the 88yrs was his idea because he doesn't want anybody making a dime off his work while he's alive. this project been about money from the start
    ^ I have yet to see any Wu members speak against this shit. I do know some cats were upset about the shady Wuki situation, I believe it was Shogun. But it seems like all the members are on board with this bullshit.
    probably cause they think they're getting a chunk of 5mil but really they'll probably get 5 thousand lol.
    I haven't heard wu actually support it though unless I missed it

I attended the event at MOMAPS1 and I must say I came blown away from the material we were allowed to hear. The beats, the mixing, the rhymes were on point. A hungry Wu-Tang. Although the lyrics did seem a tad outdated but in the whole scheme of things it plays off well since they trying to recreate the sound of the 90's.

As for the background story everyone is debating and Cilvaringz and RZA's intentions etc etc etc - who cares. This project will cement the legacy of the Wu-Tang Clan for future generations and ensure the music lives on. Is it an insult to the fans, sure, but as a fan of the biggest group since the Beatles would you not want the legacy to live forever and ever and know you were a part of this creation? I mean I would. I would love to hear this entire project but this is what makes it even better, the ability of not being able to!

As for the whole background story, yeah it sounded like there were some inconsistencies, but again who cares. Did the members all agree and say we support this, probably not. But lets be real even if the project was out in the open they would have held it up like A Better Tomorrow. Sometimes you have bring out the best in people without them even knowing.

My only concern is that this project leaks for free since it technically is allowed to. A loophole that cannot be fixed. Hopefully the one who buys it is one who really buys into this entire idea. This is truly beyond art. I get it - everyone has a live.hate relationship with the idea. But this is for the better of the Wu-Tang Clan.

PS: Raekwon sounded like OMG. Welcome back Rae! The original Rae!
    Live It...Breathe It...Possess It...Wu-Tang!

Quote Originally Posted by Double-A View Post
    Although the lyrics did seem a tad outdated
    i never can quite understand this statement, is such a thing even possible?

Peace CT

I do agree with Double A as far as the inconsistencies with album. But thats if I were able to purchase this album at some point before I died. So if I were purchasing the CD tomorrow I would not care if RZA said he was working on this for 6 years. But now its disrespectful, so I will never buy/agree with this concept. Saying not being able to hear this just makes it better sounds retarded. Anybody who followed this site over the years knows this is a Shabazz cut n paste album not a Clan album. This should just be sold as a super package with the booklet in the video. Cash will be made. peace

FRESH FISH

Quote Originally Posted by Double-A View Post
    As for the background story everyone is debating and Cilvaringz and RZA's intentions etc etc etc - who cares. This project will cement the legacy of the Wu-Tang Clan for future generations and ensure the music lives on. Is it an insult to the fans, sure, but as a fan of the biggest group since the Beatles would you not want the legacy to live forever and ever and know you were a part of this creation? I mean I would. I would love to hear this entire project but this is what makes it even better, the ability of not being able to!
    Wu-Tang's legacy is cemented from their several classic albums in the 90's, not by clickbait publicity stunts in the 2010's.

Compilation albums created by Wu-Tang affiliates in the 2010's make little effect on Wu-Tang's legacy.

As a fan of "the biggest group since the Beatles," I want to hear the music they make, particularly if it's a throwback album to their best work. If the music comes out in 88 years, after I am dead, I don't care.

Not being to able to listen to a throwback Wu-Tang album is not better than being able to listen to it.

Most rap fans are mocking this stunt, most Wu-Tang fans hate it, and zero Wu-Tang members or affiliates (besides Cilva & RZA) are publicly supporting it.
    Last edited by FakeAlias; 03-04-2015 at 03:55 PM.

Method Man: "Fuck that album"
    http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2015/03/m...lbum-88-years/

Earlier this week, RZA revealed that Wu-Tang’s final album, Once Upon A Time In Shaolin, the one-of-a-kind LP that is currently being auctioned off for millions of dollars, will not be available to the public until 2103. That’s not a typo, that’s 88 years from now. Upon announcing, the public all had the common thought that nearly nine decades is quite a lengthy amount of time to wait to unveil the material. However, as Wu-Tang has always served up the unusual, fans didn’t really think twice. XXL hopped on the line with Method Man earlier today (Mar. 4) to talk about his new movie, The Cobbler, and according to the hip-hop icon, the idea to wait nearly a century to release the album is flat-out stupid.
    “What do you mean 88 years?” Meth initially responded when asked about the extensive waiting period, seemingly unaware of the recent headlines. After a brief explanation, Method Man didn’t hold back on what he really thought about the rollout of the LP. “Fuck that album,” responded Method Man. “I’m tired of this shit and I know everybody else is tired of it, too. Fuck that album, if that’s what they are doing. I haven’t heard anything like that, but if they’re doing crap like that, fuck that album. Straight up. I’m just keeping it 100. When music can’t be music and y’all turning it into something else, fuck that. Give it to the people, if they want to hear the shit, let them have it. Give it away free. I don’t give a fuck; that ain’t making nobody rich or poor. Give the fucking music out. Stop playing with the public, man.”
    He went on to reveal that he was a fan of the idea to sell a one-of-a-kind album for a hefty amount, but it’s the following announcement that has caused him disdain. “I dug the whole idea in the beginning. I’m like, ‘Wow, this has never been done before,’” he said. “I was cool with shit. But now, this is ridiculous. 88 years? Really? If that shit is true, that shit is stupid. You have to wait 88 years to hear some shit? By that time, it’s going to be fuckin’ played out. If it ain’t already played out. I hope that’s a rumor. Whoever said that, that shit is fuckin’ stupid.”
    Although things don’t appear to be so sweet with this release, fans can expect new music from Method Man soon. “I got some shit in the works,” the rapper revealed. “Methlab is coming. [I'm working with] a bunch of Staten Island artists because I’m trying to get my people recognized. Wu-Tang ain’t the only thing that can come out of Staten Island. There’s a lot of talent in Staten Island. It’s the Persona Non Grata that holds brothers back. It’s always the Persona Non Grata.”

aahhahahah. this Cher and friends album really did turn into one big joke

Default Wu-tang clan, "once upon a time in shaolin"

#
    Last edited by adilrp; 03-04-2015 at 04:50 PM.
    The game of chess, is like a swordfight
    You must think first, before you move.