Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Once Upon A Time In Shaolin...

It's certainly a beautiful lay out, i'll give him that. All the details shown on the site look very very nice, having said that, fuck this whole idea.
    STAY TUNED.

What's the amount of contractual penalty if they let it out earlier?

Banned

i'll interpret this for you guys...

there really wasn't much major interest in this album. there really wasn't a $5 million offer for this album. that was all bullshit. somebody with money might plunk $100k or $200k down on this album, but now Rza & Cilvaringz can save face and say the only reason why they didn't get close to the $5 million they had previously been offered is because it was their own choice to not allow them to release it commercially. they'll say that the sacrificed millions of dollars in the name of art, but really, that money was never on the table in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWuCepticon View Post
    It's certainly a beautiful lay out, i'll give him that. All the details shown on the site look very very nice, having said that, fuck this whole idea.
    lol right, why is this even news that wu fans should be concerned about?

Quote Originally Posted by SL33 View Post
    What's the amount of contractual penalty if they let it out earlier?
    that crossed my mind too.
    plus - im sure its easy to keep this one copy under wraps NOW, but once some rich person owns it they'll probably slip up and leave it in their laptop for their friends to upload

THE QUIET SOLDIER

Quote Originally Posted by Origin™ View Post
    We're living in a world of instant gratification. People wan't their music now, and next week they're onto the next LP, this ain't 1995, people don't buy albums now and appreciate that shit for years to come, Music nowadays is the equivalent of fast food. Buy it, Eat it, Shit it out. Forgotten about the next day. Ain't nobody checking for Wutang in 2015, I very much doubt anybody will be checking Wutang in 2103...
    Especially when they realise its a Shabazz the Disciple and Friends album and isn't produced by RZA but a dude who wants to be like him who only released one album and cant rap.

SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR

We do it for the people.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    i'll interpret this for you guys...

there really wasn't much major interest in this album. there really wasn't a $5 million offer for this album. that was all bullshit. somebody with money might plunk $100k or $200k down on this album, but now Rza & Cilvaringz can save face and say the only reason why they didn't get close to the $5 million they had previously been offered is because it was their own choice to not allow them to release it commercially. they'll say that the sacrificed millions of dollars in the name of art, but really, that money was never on the table in the first place.
    word, nobody in their right mind would pay that AND not even have full control over the album
    should get a price poll going lol...I bet $250k tops

Quote Originally Posted by Mumm Ra View Post
    lol right, why is this even news that wu fans should be concerned about?
    ^ Right, it goes into all this detail about how it was recorded to sound like the 90s Wu shit, and all these details, with the artwork, sculpted pieces, and drawings, that don't pertain to any of us. It's shit we'd love to own, and hear of course, but we're the outsiders. And what's this releasing in 88 years shit? wtf is that? where did that number even come from? Like i said from the jump of this whole gimmicky ass idea last year, it's basically just a big fuck you to all the fans who supported for mad years.
    STAY TUNED.

Banned

Someone like Apple or Spotify would have probably bought it for like $250k and then made tons of money off of it because they wouldn't have to pay fees to a record label since they owned it.

Cilvaring's Father deezGlazedTonsils1981's Avatar

I'm still confused as to why cilvaringz is posting this info on this site where not one of us has a million to drop in this thing. Any millionaires who frequent the corp? Didn't think so. There's no need to be rubbing it into our broke ass faces to me that's where the slap in the face comes from

So RZA and Ringz are basically using us the broke fans to build hype for this "piece of art" that's only going to be exclusive to the rich lol I see u Ringz!

RZA just butt hurt we didn't like that Miracle hook

Quote Originally Posted by Chrism70 View Post
    Especially when they realise its a Shabazz the Disciple and Friends album and isn't produced by RZA but a dude who wants to be like him who only released one album and cant rap.
    Lol

Wu-Veteran

cool twist to the plot. But what if something were to happen to the album in the 88 year wait? Or the owner...shit anything can happen. What if the album ends up in a 21O3 episode of storage wars?

Quote Originally Posted by Mumm Ra View Post
    im sure its easy to keep this one copy under wraps NOW, but once some rich person owns it they'll probably slip up and leave it in their laptop for their friends to upload
    seems plausible

Quote Originally Posted by JEM View Post
    shit anything can happen. What if the album ends up in a 21O3 episode of storage wars?
    lol
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 03-02-2015 at 03:05 PM.
    Retired.

'

lmao

so it's gonna be released post singularity? and in a primitive format that won't be readable by our AI overlords?