Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Once Upon A Time In Shaolin...

Quote Originally Posted by I Fuck Fans View Post
    Who still gives a shit about Wu these days? This whole "Wu-Tang this, Wu-Tang that" is mad played out. Their last really good album was Ghost's IronMan in 1996. We got 2015 today....

This "Once Upon..." trash will be sounding like a typical bullshit production coming from some wanna-be's from Europe with thin plastic kicks and snares like all other Silver Rings productions...

One thing you gotta realize is that not even RZA himself can reproduce his own sound from 95... After the flood things have changed... definetly for the worse. You just gotta accept it.

The only way this album would be worth something if it would have OLD UNRELEASED tracks from 95 era on it.
    lol man.. I ain't getting hyped about this album, but Cilva uses a lot of drums that RZA used too so calling 'em plastics is funny. When Inspectah's "A Lil Story" dropped out everybody thought it was RZA's beat, but it turned out to be Cilva's production so he definintely can make beats like RZA used to.

And if you really haven't heard anything dope from Wu since Ironman, what does keep you active on this forum? It's been 19 years man since Ironman was released

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

Quote Originally Posted by TheWuCepticon View Post
    And what's this releasing in 88 years shit? wtf is that? where did that number even come from?
    You know RZA loves his math...

"The 88 year wait was explained, somewhat, by RZA, as a representation of Shaolin‘s diffuse details. There are 8 original Wu-Tang Clan members, the digits of 2015 add up to 8, the number 8 is in the name of the company that’s selling the 1-piece LP, and an 8, turned sideways, becomes an infinity sign."

http://www.okayplayer.com/news/wu-ta...copyright.html

"The game is to be sold, not to be told"

Quote Originally Posted by Shiz36 View Post
    You know RZA loves his math...

"The 88 year wait was explained, somewhat, by RZA, as a representation of Shaolin‘s diffuse details. There are 8 original Wu-Tang Clan members, the digits of 2015 add up to 8, the number 8 is in the name of the company that’s selling the 1-piece LP, and an 8, turned sideways, becomes an infinity sign."

http://www.okayplayer.com/news/wu-ta...copyright.html
    ^ Ah, yeah, that's true. But the last time he used the number 8 in significance with a Wu-Tang album, it was ass.
    STAY TUNED.

FRESH FISH

Dear Fans,

Fuck you.

Sincerely,

RZA
    Cilvaringz
    The Wu-Tang Clan

Quote Originally Posted by FakeAlias View Post
    Dear Fans,

Fuck you.

Sincerely,

RZA
    Cilvaringz
    The Wu-Tang Clan
    ^ RZA: P.S. And umm, oh yeah thanks for 20 years of support, bong! bong!
    STAY TUNED.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by MaskedAvenger View Post

This.

its too bad that wait is 88 years and most likely all of us fans that lived all the classic shit when it first dropped, will have transitioned out of this realm. Maybe some of us will have already taken a new birth and might here it when we're kids. But 40 years would have been a good enough statement maybe not as poetic but shit some of would have a chance and owning it. lol

Shits cool to me tho, one thing I think it will assure tho is attendance at the audio tour, maybe cats will stop this to cool for school bullshit and sit their ass down listen to the fuckin album. I might just blaze while Im sitin there listenin to the muthafucka if it comes Colorado.
    Impermanence on this plane of reality/where criminality, brutality freely dwell/ Truth is a casualty in this hell/ Karma reins with divine causality, then its swell--StrangeLoveSurreal

And dudes acting like 5 mill is a lot of money. What? there are plenty of young wealthy people on the planet that would pay 5 million dollars for something if they really wanted it. There are many people on the planet that earn a BILLION dollars or more yearly, if your dad or grandpa has that kind of money 5 million is like 5 thousand. Hell maybe even 5 hundred, its entirely conceiveable perhaps even probable that they have received an offer of 5 million dollars.
    Impermanence on this plane of reality/where criminality, brutality freely dwell/ Truth is a casualty in this hell/ Karma reins with divine causality, then its swell--StrangeLoveSurreal

Ain't some song names sounds familiar? SEMI AUTOMATIC FULL RAP FANATICS... FLOWERS...
    "Zawissius Niger" Polish knight.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LoTec View Post
    Shits cool to me tho, one thing I think it will assure tho is attendance at the audio tour, maybe cats will stop this to cool for school bullshit and sit their ass down listen to the fuckin album. I might just blaze while Im sitin there listenin to the muthafucka if it comes Colorado.
    ummm... this isn't happening anymore. you will never hear it.

Veteran Member

Default One-off album can be released after 88 years

GWu-Tang Clan will allow their one-off album Once Upon a Time in Shaolin to be released commercially – but only 88 years after it has been sold at auction. The news comes from the album’s producer Cilvaringz, who told Forbes: “After 88 years the copyright, which includes public and commercial rights, automatically transfers to the owner of the work,” he said. “However, it will still be his or her choice at that [point] to release it or not release it.”
    http://www.theguardian.com/music/201...after-88-years

Cilva got to be the biggest troll of all time for fooling everyone one on this forum that they might one day be able to get it

You are the most disgraceful and most dishonorable person ever to be associated with the Wu

I reckon this will catch up with you one day as to rip off so many artists and bring shame to the Wu will have an everlasting effect on your bleak career

this is fuckin absurd!

Quote Originally Posted by soob View Post
    lol man.. I ain't getting hyped about this album, but Cilva uses a lot of drums that RZA used too so calling 'em plastics is funny. When Inspectah's "A Lil Story" dropped out everybody thought it was RZA's beat, but it turned out to be Cilva's production so he definintely can make beats like RZA used to.

And if you really haven't heard anything dope from Wu since Ironman, what does keep you active on this forum? It's been 19 years man since Ironman was released
    But cilva cant capture the SOUL that early Wu-tang had and will never be able too all his beats sound the same corny wu clone beats!

Quote Originally Posted by LoTec View Post
    And dudes acting like 5 mill is a lot of money. What? there are plenty of young wealthy people on the planet that would pay 5 million dollars for something if they really wanted it. There are many people on the planet that earn a BILLION dollars or more yearly, if your dad or grandpa has that kind of money 5 million is like 5 thousand. Hell maybe even 5 hundred, its entirely conceiveable perhaps even probable that they have received an offer of 5 million dollars.
    you obviously have no money because you certainly sound like a broke immature little boy.
    id rather buy something worth $5 million and if anyone buy's this they are an idiot
    Last edited by zu fam; 03-03-2015 at 07:36 AM.

----------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by zu fam View Post
    But cilva cant capture the SOUL that early Wu-tang had and will never be able too all his beats sound the same corny wu clone beats!
    You must not really have heard Lin Brotherz. Cilvaringz and Moongod's productions were sometimes more Wu-Tang-ish than RZA's

- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bL5DvvK66e4
    - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRj6IcKc6eg

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

Smile

It's all to uphold the integrity of music as art, because it has become devalued, through internet leakages. So we as consumers can learn to re-appreciate and re-value music as an artform. This is for the greater good of humanity, so when Once Upon A Time In Shaolin is released in 88 years time, it will put an end to major world issues, such as wars, hunger/poverty, racism, genocide, etc. bringing universal peace to mankind beginning in the year 2103. Also, in doing so, it will be the rebirth of hip-hop in the purist form, for future generations to enjoy. This is basically the seed of hope for humanity. This IS the right thing to do, so our grandchildren, and future generations live in harmony.
    Last edited by TheWuSepticTank; 03-03-2015 at 08:30 AM.
    STAY TUNED.