Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fifty Cent The Massacre decade anniversary

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Default Fifty Cent The Massacre decade anniversary

Ten years ago today Fifty Cent delivered to us The Massacre, my personal favorite out of his discography, a cornucopia of street shit and a smattering of joints for night clubs and women.
    I wish that he would do a straight up hard album like this one again. It may be an unpopular opinion, but I actually prefer this over Get Rich Or Die Trying.

I liked the second half of the album best

think it's a bit too long all in together
    Retired.

-

LOL@David Daniel Davis thinks The Massacre is better than Get Rich Or Die Tryin hahahahahahahahahahahaha. The Massacre is gay. He became wack after Get Rich Or Die Tryin and his other albums suck. His last album was alright because he went back to the street songs. Get Rich Or Die Tryin soundtrack is better than The Massacre too. I love that soundtrack and there's plenty of hard songs on there. I didn't know he had a video for Hustler's Ambition from the soundtrack until I saw it about a month ago. I love that song and I like the sample he used by Maze and Frankie Beverly.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

"Get Rich or Die Trying" is a much, much better, more focused album.. "The Massacre" had some joints but overall was a disappointment.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

nada ignorante

Guess Whos Back>>>>>>every other 50 Cent album.
    N.I.

-

LOL@Hotnikks. You might be right because that's a good mixtape. He did a sequel mixtape to that and I haven't heard it but I wanna get it from Amazon.com. There's this guy on Youtube who's a dj named DJ Akademics and he tried to debate with me that Jay-Z is better than 50 Cent. I said 50 Cent is better and I don't care that Jay-Z has sold more albums than 50 Cent. 50 Cent has made harder songs than Jay-Z. He also said 50 Cent's Animal Ambition album didn't sell a lot of copies. So he said it sucked and I said I could care less that his last album didn't sell a lot because he made some hard songs on there. He went back to the hard songs on that album because he wasn't making those kind of songs on his albums after Get Rich Or Die Tryin and that's why those albums suck. 50 Cent is very good at making hard songs and he's a good rapper. I've seen several of his videos at Youtube that he did last year and I like most of them. Jay-Z's songs the last several years are boring hahahahahahahahahahaha. I haven't liked a album from him since In My Lifetime LOL.

The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

Eleven years ago today.

Quote Originally Posted by David Daniel Davis View Post
    Eleven years ago today.
    Is that a special occassion?

I'm not sure which LP is better. This one is definitely too long, but theres also not much weak material.

Some of the beats on this were beautiful, and 50 was focussed.

Not special, just a dope album that I always acknowledge on the anniversary. Only songs I did not like on here were Candy Shop and Disco Inferno.

I thought it was ok. Had some nice songs on there and it had some lame ones on there too.

Production was on point for this. But Get Rich or Die Trying was much better.

The only good song on here is "In My Hood". This album was ass

^Haha

Yeah 50's whole look was homo as fuck. So was a lot of his music tbh

The main problem with this album is its lack of vision.

Somebody mentioned how much more focused GRODT is; that's the key. Massacre has some great tracks -- "Ski Mask Way" (tied with Many Men as my favorite 50 song), "Gunz Come Out", "Baltimore Love Thing". But it also has hella clunkers -- Candy Shop, Disco Inferno, and Outta Control are pathetic attempts at recreating In da Club (and some of 21 Questions).

At the time of its release, G-Unit had a new mixtape out every five minutes. 50 was all over the place, saturating the market. He needed some clear goal or vision with his second album, and he lacks it, so much of the album comes off as vapid. A lot of the pieces seem to be there purely because they worked last time -- Eminem collaboration, check; club record, check; diss song, check.

He stretched himself too thin. He gave Game both Hate It Or Love It and How We Do. Both of those songs should have been on Massacre instead of Disco Inferno and Outta Control (although I have to make a note of the fact that the remix to Outta Control with Mobb Deep is one of my favorite songs of all time, so....). Hate It Or Love It has heart, like GRODT has. The Massacre is lacking a personality behind it. He got rich, so now what? 50 still hasn't answered that question.

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    The gayest moment in my life was getting a free ticket to see 50 during his first tour as a junior in high school.

10 ft away
    50 oiled up & shirtless
    Girls screaming and pointing at his 'bulge'
    Lloyd repeatedly licking his lips and staring in my direction

Ski Mask Way is dope. It sucks that Disco D commited suicide. I could not imagine killing myself when I produced a track on an album that sold six million copies.