Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Firm Album

FRESH FISH

Default The Firm Album

With a couple of people posting there versions of Cuban Linx 2 how it was origionally going to sound it got me looking back at other albums. The Firm album is underrated as an album, but if you take out some of the weaker tracks and throw in some joints recorded either for it or around that time you can get a fairly strong album.

The album itself has some classic tracks in my view like firm fiasco and phone tap. If you included tracks like Time, Affirmative action (remix), etc it could be a good disc.

Does anyone have any thoughts or tracks to add to it

The ABBOTT

Foxy's tits are dope!
    Matt Coops

soundcloud.com/mattcoopshiphop
    Blogging sounds @ Dope Lofi

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MattCoops View Post
    Foxy's tits are dope!
    word

Peace CT

This is an album that shoulda been way better. Gotta hit the skip button way too many times. 5-6 good/very good tracks but thats about it. The weak tracks outweigh the strong in my opinion. If they dropped Fox and replaced her with Mega then this would be a different topic. But I do admit "Phone Tap", "Desperados" and "I'm Leaving" are why I love 90s hip hop. Peace

Quote Originally Posted by MattCoops View Post
    Foxy's tits are dope!
    Ahahahahahha lol

Quote Originally Posted by josborne3680 View Post
    5-6 good/very good tracks.
    Quote Originally Posted by josborne3680 View Post
    If they dropped Fox and replaced her with Mega.
    Mega was dope on Affirmative Action, but Fox has her place in the group IMO. If I would have got rid of anyone for Mega, it would have been his replacement Nature.

Also

Dre had a lot to do with this album being a failure.

in the end there were also too many artists featured, it's like they diluted the formula

I agree with zooruka on dre
    Retired.

^ both Dre and Trackmasters brought both heat and wack shit to the table, and they were both execs, so i don't think none of them single handedly is responsible. i just think they had the wrong vision for the group.. people wanted hear shit like "Affirmative Action", "LA Familia", "Phone Tap", etc. but Trackmasters and Dre thought they should go 50/50 with those type of joints and jiggy shit.

if i were to make a compilation/alternative like that, a must would be that the songs would have to have been recorded by 1997 which means "Sometimes I Wonder" and "The Cookout" wouldn't work. dope songs too...

(^ this should DEFINITELY have been included, lost classic)

(^ would have prefered this to have been on the CNN album like planned but oh well, it would work well in this type of album too)

(chill joint produced by Dre that was left off the album, AZ and Nas KILLS this one)

(of course you could include this, in a way it's the first Firm song, with the mafioso theme and everything.. can't get enough of this banger)

(another cool Dre production with good Nas and AZ verses that was cut)

(^ this was the B-side, the World Famous remix of "Firm Biz".. again it's more of the Jiggy stuff but i think it's pretty sick)

(^ this is a freestyle but it actually works well as a song if it had a CDQ/no DJ, nice with Mary J. Blige on there too, crazy!)

(for some reason A LOT of people are completely unaware of the second part of "Affirmative Action". this was released as a B-side to on one of the "It Was Written" singles, it's produced by someone from the french NTM who does a good job flipping "The Symphony" sample. All new verses from nas, Cormega, AZ & Foxy)

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

nada ignorante

Cormega shoulda been on this album instead of Nature.
    N.I.

this is interesting, i wonder at what stage this was recorded..

and also the two songs that in a way started it all...

(fucking monster track, imagine a group album produced by Dre with these gentlemen, DAMN!)

(ok this was released in 1998, but its a dope jam with AZ, Nature and the immortal Half A Mill)

(State vs Sosa - another Dre / AZ left over)... damn there's quite a lot of unreleased Firm stuff)

(last but not least the original version of "Desperados", the only song with both Canibus and Nas at their peak as i'm aware of?)

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Is there a version of desperados 2 without Clue

somebody need to hook it up with la familia (cormega version)

Peace to claaa7, I definitely have to come back to this thread (asap) and peep some of the joints you posted.