Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RZA Responds To Method Man's Disparaging Wu-Tang Clan Album Comment

Default RZA Responds To Method Man's Disparaging Wu-Tang Clan Album Comment

UPDATE: Wu Tang has released an official statement regarding the "88 year" clause attached to its Once Upon A Time In Shaolin album.
    A question by XXL Magazine concerning the waiting period for Wu-Tang Clan's highly anticipated Once Upon A Time In Shaolin album led to a harsh response from Method Man and a subsequent series of debunking tweets from RZA.
    Yesterday (March 4), Method Man told the Hip Hop publication, "fuck that album."
    “I’m tired of this shit and I know everybody else is tired of it, too," he said. "Fuck that album, if that’s what they are doing. I haven’t heard anything like that, but if they’re doing crap like that, fuck that album. Straight up. I’m just keeping it 100."

Shortly after the interview was published on XXL.com, RZA took to Twitter to clarify Method's comments.
    "Y'all misinformed homies better go roll that sHhh light that Shhh and smoke that shhh and calm down. Y'all falling for the pork in the bun," he wrote via the social media site. "A lot of you are not listening to what is already in front of you. This has always been a Single album concept. No surprises. #new idea."

"FYI. @methodman was misinformed by @xxl and you guys are riding a wave into rocks. Do the knowledge before you speak," he continued.
    According to the iconic rap group's promotional website for the project, scluzay.com, the "88 years" XXL was initially referring to has to do with when the album can be commercially released – for profit.
    The site states that the group "decided that the right to release the album would be transferred only after 88 years have passed."

The Wu's choice to apply the number "88" is "mathematical coincidence."
    RZA explained on the site that there were eight original members of the Clan when they made "Protect Ya Neck" and "M.E.T.H.O.D Man." The individual numbers of 2015 also add up to the number eight. The broker of this work carries the number eight in its name. The number eight on its side is a symbol of infinity and was used on the Wu-Tang Forever album.
    "It’s always had great symbolic significance for us," he says. "For us it also addresses the issue of music’s longevity in a time of mass production and short attention spans. Nothing about this record revolves around short-term gains, but rather around the legacy of the music and the statement we’re making."
    Retired.

PRODIGAL SUN

8 diagrams it works

Quote Originally Posted by Rza View Post
    "Y'all misinformed homies better go roll that sHhh light that Shhh and smoke that shhh and calm down.
    This sounds like a straight dig @ Meth

Quote Originally Posted by Rza View Post
    The Wu's choice to apply the number "88" is "mathematical coincidence."
    RZA explained on the site that there were eight original members of the Clan when they made "Protect Ya Neck" and "M.E.T.H.O.D Man." The individual numbers of 2015 also add up to the number eight. The broker of this work carries the number eight in its name. The number eight on its side is a symbol of infinity and was used on the Wu-Tang Forever album.
    "It’s always had great symbolic significance for us," he says. "For us it also addresses the issue of music’s longevity in a time of mass production and short attention spans. Nothing about this record revolves around short-term gains, but rather around the legacy of the music and the statement we’re making."
    This whole album is "Crazy 88sta"

Quote Originally Posted by Meth View Post
    fuck that album. Straight up.

crappadonna

Damm this could be the end of Wu

Quote Originally Posted by human torch View Post
    Damm this could be the end of Wu
    I thought that was 'A Better Tomorrow'

Melf Nederlandse lifestyle & hiphop community. Voor bazen. De beste website van de wereld.[

The fact remains that very few people listen to pop or any fad music that is 88 years old-by that time no one will care, as the young teens now don't listen to Wu anyhow. Son could have had Wu wear and says-yeah, no thanks, even for free. That's what the old man wears. Don't think the future kids want to hear a bunch of dead, by that time, old guys rapping about life 100 years ago. I seriously doubt that Meth was misinformed.

im with Rza on this one, why put cats on blast for the public, cats could call rza up on a personal level and air it out, instead of fucking with their plans and money by riling folks up

Quote Originally Posted by RADIOACTIVE MAN View Post
    cats could call rza up on a personal level and air it out, instead of fucking with their plans and money by riling folks up

It's not the Wu tang way.

it's not just Method Man .. https://twitter.com/Ugodofwutang/sta...81021611130880

there's probably more

Mef talked for the fans, rza talked for his pockets

nada ignorante

Meth is speaking the truth. If Wu-tang is really for the children then fuck this album...
    N.I.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    it's not just Method Man .. https://twitter.com/Ugodofwutang/sta...81021611130880

there's probably more

Mef talked for the fans, rza talked for his pockets
    Holy fuck. Uey on the lie tip.

Veteran Member

Some use the number "88" as a "Heil Hitler" salute, cuz "H" is the 8th letter in the alphabet.

Even Deck's comment was a WTF. #ReallyN###A, fuck

Quote Originally Posted by JZA/Jordon View Post

Deck's post = GOAT

Quote Originally Posted by sinfullycute View Post
    The fact remains that very few people listen to pop or any fad music that is 88 years old-by that time no one will care, as the young teens now don't listen to Wu anyhow. Son could have had Wu wear and says-yeah, no thanks, even for free. That's what the old man wears. Don't think the future kids want to hear a bunch of dead, by that time, old guys rapping about life 100 years ago. I seriously doubt that Meth was misinformed.
    but music is not only for kids.. it bugs me that so many people see hip-hop as some type of fad, or short-lived music. a lot of it is fast forward bullshit, but so has every genre... many of the older big band jazz lovers where absolutely disgusted when Charlie Parkier, Dizzie Gillespie, Monk and them broke through with their bebop.. not too even mention when Coltrane went free and wild or Miles went electric. i'm sure a lot of people said that all those things were fads, but here we are some 50-70 years later, young to old people loving that shit and still buying and/or listening to the records.

i'm sure people will still listen to the real hip-hop, that's crafted from the soul and with a lot of talent rather than solely for commercial purposes 50 or 100 years from now.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!