Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Favorite Soul Albums?

-

I agree with ShaDynasty.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

-

I just saw at another website that one half of The Brothers Johnson died recently. His name was Louis Johnson and he was 60 years old. My dad has The Brothers Johnson's albums Look Out For #1 and Right On Time. Those albums are good and I like the album pictures. Quincy Jones produced those albums. Look Out For #1 has I'll Be Good To You, Get The Funk Out My Face and Tomorrow(rapper OC sampled this on Far From Yours song)songs and Right On Time has Strawberry Letter 23 song.

The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

Banned

I never liked the Brothers Johnson version of Strawberry Letter 23, the Shuggie Otis original is so much better!

Sad to hear he died they were dope I liked the Look Out For #1 album but never heard the one with Strawberry Letter 23
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

-

I've never heard of Shuggie Otis. How could you not like The Brothers Johnson's Strawberry Letter 23 song? Have you seen their Right On Time album cover? LOL@their clothes on the album cover hahahahahahahaha.

there are so many great soul albums. outside of hip hop easily my favourite genre.

Evelyn King is incredible. Marvin Gaye, who has been mentioned already. Obviously the Temptations, Miracles, Supremes. Stevie Wonder.

Motown had a great sound to it, love and heartbreak type stuff. Jimmy Ruffin is one of my favourite singers. Stax had more of a darker, mysterious feel.

Bar Kays, William Bell

so many great artists, the best is to just give as much of it as you can a listen

-

The Mason, i like Jimmy Ruffin's What Becomes Of The Brokenhearted song. I see you mentioned Smokey Robinson and the Miracles. Check out their songs More Love and Special Occasion. I also like Smokey's Cruisin, Being With You, One Heartbeat and Everything You Touch songs.