Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Soul Albums?

-

ShaDynasty, Peabo Bryson did the original of Feel The Fire and I think his version is better than Teddy Pendergrass and Stephanie Mills version.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

Thanks for the info, all i know about Peabo is Nas/Premiers sample of 'Born To Love' and Aladdin.

-

Peabo Bryson is a good singer. My dad has his albums Crosswinds, Reaching For The Sky, Iam Love and Paradise. I like Crosswinds and Reaching For The Sky albums. Check out his songs Crosswinds, I'm So Into You, Spread Your Wings, Reaching For The Sky, Feel The Fire, A Fool Already Knows, Love From Your Heart, Love Walked Out On Me, You Haven't Learned About Love, Move Your Body. He also did a remake with Natalie Cole of Bobby Caldwell's What You Won't Do For Love but I like Bobby's version better. I also like his collabo Tonight I Celebrate My Love with Roberta Flack. Very nice love song.

The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

PRODIGAL SUN

marvin gaye-whats goin on lp
    marvin gaye-lets get it on lp
    "get money by all means necessary"

-

I agree. Have you heard Marvin's last 2 albums Midnight Love and Dream Of A Lifetime? Those albums are good and my dad has them. He curses on Sanctified Lady and he raps on Masochistic Beauty songs on Dream Of A Lifetime hahahahahahahahahahahaha. RIP Marvin and I miss you. His family recently won their lawsuit against singer Robin Thicke because he supposedly sampled Marvin's Got To Give It Up song on Blurred Lines song. Pharrell Williams was also involved in the lawsuit because he was the producer. I don't think Marvin's family should've won because artists shouldn't have to pay for sampling music of r&b artists. I heard Blurred Lines and it doesn't sound like he sampled Marvin's music. If he did sample it, so what. Stop trying to get paid off of sampled music, you broke ass blacks LOL. Marvin's family saw a opportunity to get paid and they took advantage of it LOL. I'm disappointed in Marvin's daughter Nona Gaye because I love her. She should have enough money from doing movies and she was a singer back in the day.

PRODIGAL SUN

I agree. Have you heard Marvin's last 2 albums Midnight Love and Dream Of A Lifetime? Those albums are good and my dad has them. He curses on Sanctified Lady and he raps on Masochistic Beauty songs on Dream Of A Lifetime hahahahahahahahahahahaha. RIP Marvin and I miss you. His family recently won their lawsuit against singer Robin Thicke because he supposedly sampled Marvin's Got To Give It Up song on Blurred Lines song. Pharrell Williams was also involved in the lawsuit because he was the producer. I don't think Marvin's family should've won because artists shouldn't have to pay for sampling music of r&b artists. I heard Blurred Lines and it doesn't sound like he sampled Marvin's music. If he did sample it, so what. Stop trying to get paid off of sampled music, you broke ass blacks LOL. Marvin's family saw a opportunity to get paid and they took advantage of it LOL. I'm disappointed in Marvin's daughter Nona Gaye because I love her. She should have enough money from doing movies and she was a singer back in the day.
    nah i haven't heard his last two albums, but i'm looking to cop them still, 'santified lady' & 'sexual healing' is my shit, straight bangers

i feel the 'blurred line' tune was a interplotation or inspired by 'got to give it up', not a sample of the marvin tune, so yeah, i don't think they should be suing pharell & so on

but if you sample a next persons blood, sweat & tears, hard work, you should have to pay on principle

buts the funny thing is, if i was a artist, i wouldn't give a shit if other artists sampled my shit, let them creative juices flow, you get me, ha ha, the only fuckers who couldn't sample my shit is...bats, sex offenders, official snitches and law enforcement & you know this

-

I like you saying if you were a singer, you wouldn't care if rappers sampled your music. I feel the same way if I was a singer and they wouldn't have to pay me. LOL@you saying bats, snitches, sex offenders and cops couldn't sample your music hahahahahahahahahahaha. Why do you think they would sample your music when they aren't singers? LOL.

PRODIGAL SUN

ha ha, i meant if they were artists & got exposed as that type of vermin, while i'm a artist alive i wouldn't have it or if i was dead, i'd have it in my will that these types couldn't make a artistic/economic penny off of my shit, ha ha, and you know this

-

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

-

London, go to Youtube and listen to Marvin's Savage In The Sack and Masochistic Beauty songs. Those songs are funny. Savage In The Sack made me laugh when the hook goes it's getting bigger, it's getting bigger LOL. I think Marvin was talking about his dick is getting bigger because I think Savage In The Sack means he's good while having sex LOL.

PRODIGAL SUN

London, go to Youtube and listen to Marvin's Savage In The Sack and Masochistic Beauty songs. Those songs are funny. Savage In The Sack made me laugh when the hook goes it's getting bigger, it's getting bigger LOL. I think Marvin was talking about his dick is getting bigger because I think Savage In The Sack means he's good while having sex LOL.
    ha ha, i like the beats to them two tunes, marvin getting funky on em

-

London, I sent Marvin Gaye's daughter Nona a email at her Facebook page and I asked her why did she sue Robin Thicke and Pharrell Williams for supposedly sampling her dad's music. She didn't respond because she was probably mad at me for saying that she was trying to get some free money because she shouldn't have sued them for sampling. I don't think they sampled her dad's music and even if they did sample his music, so what. Stop trying to find a way to get some free money LOL. I get so tired of singers bitching about their music being sampled by rappers.

PRODIGAL SUN

London, I sent Marvin Gaye's daughter Nona a email at her Facebook page and I asked her why did she sue Robin Thicke and Pharrell Williams for supposedly sampling her dad's music. She didn't respond because she was probably mad at me for saying that she was trying to get some free money because she shouldn't have sued them for sampling. I don't think they sampled her dad's music and even if they did sample his music, so what. Stop trying to find a way to get some free money LOL. I get so tired of singers bitching about their music being sampled by rappers.
    'blurred lines' is definetly a interplotation of 'got the give it up', or inspired by it, but its definetly not a sample, but like i said before, on principle, everybody has the eat, so i respect & overstand that peeps, especially non mainstream or poorer artists have a right to ask to be paid for peeps sampling there product, you see what i'm saying, on principle now, i can definetly see that shit

Marvin Gaye is out of here, as far as i'm concerned his kids shouldn't be making money off him at this point, especially off a song that is influenced by him not plagiarsing him.

PRODIGAL SUN

i see what everyone is saying, i still think on principle your seeds should be able too eat off your catalog, especially if your deceased as a artist & the proper business arrangements are in place, but only if its a blatant sample of your work, not no interplotation bizness