Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Method Man interview in a long time

I surmise he just wanted to impress his heroes and it ended up going painfully awry
    yep

This has to devalue the album though, for better or worse. I love Cilvaringz production, and I respect him as a fellow wu-fan. But wtf is happening here, it's bizarre as hell.

the issue is cilva should've just been honest from the start with everybody - media, fans, the clan. how you gonna have a wu album and not keep them informed, while knowing theyre gonna get asked about it constantly

I agree the value is probably gonna take a hit because it was marketed as a wu-tang album this whole time, and now two credible sources are on record saying wu didn't even have any clue it was being made

Quote Originally Posted by Mumm Ra View Post
    the issue is cilva should've just been honest from the start with everybody - media, fans, the clan. how you gonna have a wu album and not keep them informed, while knowing theyre gonna get asked about it constantly

I agree the value is probably gonna take a hit because it was marketed as a wu-tang album this whole time, and now two credible sources are on record saying wu didn't even have any clue it was being made
    Albums been on some snake shit since it's inception, Hence the deletion of past threads talking about foreign investors, polls asking fans what they'd want on the LP, videos of beats, wuki thread + it's deletion, Rza claiming him and rings been making it for 6 years, whilst this whole forum know it all to be a lie, so much cover up and snake shit it's unreal.

Google Archives got all the proof still, you can't bury shit once it's online nowadays.

I personally don't even want to hear the album no more, there just been so much bullshit and cloak and dagger shit that I just find it repulsive now.

as I said in a post last year or so. This mess + the ABT album.. wow what an end to Wu's legacy hahaha

lmao @ fellow wu-tang members and brothers. huh? did I miss Cilva as the 10th member in the mystery of chessboxin video or something?

dude is a wutang fan...they didn't even know who he was until they were long finished making their classics. even after that when have you known wu to really mess with him or use his production much
    ^ Exactly, he was a Wu fan who got very lucky. Last year he actually said some shit along the lines of "we gave you guys 20 years of great music" or some shit like that LOL and i'm saying to myself, umm, nigga you were like us for about 10 of those years, AT HOME LISTENING to the great music. And then you stepped in as an affiliate after shit went dry, in the early 2000s.
    Last edited by TheWuSepticTank; 03-12-2015 at 08:59 PM.
    STAY TUNED.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanha View Post
    Full Interview: http://live.huffingtonpost.com/r/seg...8c2ac5d9001325

Watch the full interview.
    If method man has a problem with B grade Wu tang affiliates, he and the rest of the clan should have spoken up and not allowed Rza to devalue the Wu tang brand, with all these F.A.N, not wait until now to complain, when the damage has already been done.

As for Cilvaringz.....I don't think his original intention was to be a snake, but he got so caught up in his own pretentiousness, that instead of helping, he will end up hurting the Wu tang brand.

Edit: Rza is an idiot for even listening to Cilvaringz in the first place and no wack European/White/Arab Muslim has any clue about Rap or the rugged lands of Shaolin, no matter how much they jump on stage or give their demo to Rza' mom. ahahahahah

It's a shame everytime a Wu-Tang albums is coming, there's so much negativity around it.

I cant believe so many people are hating on this concept and Cilvaringz.
    -----> Check Rev. William Burks aka Chuuuch "Nigowkno", "Runnit" and "Ganja"
    -----> KAMi Genesis, vol1, vol2 and vol3- beat tapes
    https://open.spotify.com/artist/48z4...QcWWL0Pat0qEDQ

Quote Originally Posted by Kanha View Post
    I cant believe so many people are hating on this concept and Cilvaringz.
    ^ LOOL I'll never understand ppl who support this guy. he's not in your corner pal, he don't care about you or fans in general.
    STAY TUNED.

Quote Originally Posted by zooruka View Post
    If method man has a problem with B grade Wu tang affiliates, he and the rest of the clan should have spoken up and not allowed Rza to devalue the Wu tang brand, with all these F.A.N, not wait until now to complain, when the damage has already been done.
    I think he only has a problem with them when they pull gimmicky bullshit like this, and cut off their dicks in the name of the Wu-Tang brand.

Quote Originally Posted by zooruka View Post
    Edit: Rza is an idiot for even listening to Cilvaringz in the first place and no wack European/White/Arab Muslim has any clue about Rap or the rugged lands of Shaolin, no matter how much they jump on stage or give their demo to Rza' mom. ahahahahah
    I disagree, he has the rugged vintage Wu sound mastered. And he's creative and diverse with the sound, and doesn't just sound like a RZA wannabe. All he had to do was study it for years. The Alchemist is a white, suburban, Jewish, kid from Cali, and he mastered the raw, grimy, soulful, boom bap beats of the East Coast.
    Last edited by TheWuSepticTank; 03-14-2015 at 09:04 AM.
    STAY TUNED.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWuCepticon View Post
    and doesn't just sound like a RZA wannabe. .
    hmm to each their own I guess. that's all he sounds like to me, more so than any other B affiliated producer imo

remember when it took fans dissing him for years for him to stop using the word SWORD in every verse?? lmao. and he even admitted it? he does the same with his production imo

hmm to each their own I guess. that's all he sounds like to me, more so than any other B affiliated producer imo

remember when it took fans dissing him for years for him to stop using the word SWORD in every verse?? lmao. and he even admitted it? he does the same with his production imo
    ^ I listened to all those Mental Chambers albums, and no he doesn't sound like a RZA rip off. He takes the sound in unique directions. And the beats on the 24 minute beat session, most of those don't sound like RZA. It's supposed to sound like Wu, of course he's inspired by him or taught, that doesn't mean it's generic RZA.
    STAY TUNED.

remember when it took fans dissing him for years for him to stop using the word SWORD in every verse?? lmao
    ^ I agree, he sounded kinda corny, like a Wu wannabe as a rapper, trying way too hard. I did like his verse on "Woodchuck" though. But he's more organic when it comes to producing.
    STAY TUNED.

ill agree to disagree then, I heard all the same beats you have too

ill agree to disagree then, I heard all the same beats you have too
    And probably about 3 out of 10 those beats, sound like something RZA would've done. And the ones that did sound like RZA, for the most part, were dope. People think anything that sounds like Wu, is automatically RZA.
    STAY TUNED.

I would hate if my whole entire career was based on copying someone else's style. IMO this proves Cilva doesn't get it, because he thought all he had to do, to be like Wu tang, was to be a Rza clone and say things like sword in every verse ahahahaha. corn.