Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "A Better Tomorrow" is definitely a spring/summer album in vibe imo

Default "A Better Tomorrow" is definitely a spring/summer album in vibe imo

Haven't listened to "A Better Tomorrow" before today when as the sun was shining and the warmth really starting to come over here, i threw on "Ruckus in B Minor" on my phone and opted to play the whole album straight through. i sometimes like to think of albums in terms of spring/summer/winter/fall LP:s as in which time of the year the vibe of it reflects, and for me "ABT" without a doubt came out very good now as we're heading to a warm spring. tracks like "Wu-Tang Reunion", "Keep Watch", "Preacher's Daughter", "Ron O'Neal", the title track and damn it the whole LP just vibed much better.

many of y'all are probably going to say i'm nuts and that the album is total shit whatever the weather, for me the album is good enough no matter the weather but i strongly recommend those who haven't listened in a while to pick it back up during a sunny day (it might also be more of a daytime album LOL).

"8 Diagrams" was its polar opposite that way, that's a very, very, very dark, atmospheric and moody album, perfect for cold winter nightss.

on a side note i've noticed that DJ Premier is playing "40th Street Black" on his LiveFromHQ shows every now and then, a long with some of the tracks from Inspectah Deck's new mixtape.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Veteran Member

Well said, i respect your opinion's on here. Its always sunny in Ghana so i liked the album from day one.
    WU-TANG FOREVER.
    GHANA REPRESENTING

Melf Nederlandse lifestyle & hiphop community. Voor bazen. De beste website van de wereld.[

Quote Originally Posted by BigKing.nl View Post
    lmao ^

I think this album best belongs in the "fall" lol.
    STAY TUNED.

I agree most of the production has that Spring to Summer vibe to it, but that F.i.L.A. album definitely sounds like its gonna be a play in your car windows down summer type of album from hearing the snippets. The 4:21...The Day After CD also sounds like a good summer album
    Last edited by mAlAkAz; 03-22-2015 at 05:30 PM.

I think you're spot on claaa, the context definitely makes a difference for some music and this LP definitely sounds better with the sun shining. As long as it took to finish it was probably meant for summer.

ABT is not bad by any standards. I said this before but Wu set the bar too high. Its the same with any other great artists, they all have their moment in the sun and then they do whatever they do next.

Im a little bit the same, in the winter I listen to mostly rock, metal, dark music, in the summer I listen to reggae, hip-hop, dub electronic, etc.

Its a good way to not get tired of musical genres and to know a lot of music.

Im gonna listen to this album again.

Banned

It's not that Wu set the bar too high but most fans have Peter Pan syndrome and can't move on in to 2015

It was summer here when ABT was released and I wasn't feeling it as much.
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Wu-Veteran

Good observation..i agree. For my playlist..i cut some songs..and added one. My tracklist looks like this...

1 Ruckus In B Minor
    2 Execution In Autumn
    3 Felt
    4 Crushed Egos
    5 Ron Oneal
    6 Necklace
    7 Keep Watch
    8 Miracle
    9 A Better Tomorrow
    10 Never Let Go
    11 Family Reunion (Version 2)

The tracks i cut are ok..sound more experimental than anything...in my opinion..they sound oike they should be on a soundtrack or side project..not this album..

Quote Originally Posted by The Hound View Post
    It's not that Wu set the bar too high but most fans have Peter Pan syndrome and can't move on in to 2015
    They did set too high of a standard for themselves in the 90s. That's why the albums after "Forever", were big disappointments. Plus, numerous lackluster solo efforts before and after 2000. The last great Wu (within the 9 members) disc was Supreme Clientele, and that's been 15 years ago.
    STAY TUNED.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWuCepticon View Post
    They did set too high of a standard for themselves in the 90s. That's why the albums after "Forever", were big disappointments. Plus, numerous lackluster solo efforts before and after 2000. The last great Wu (within the 9 members) disc was Supreme Clientele, and that's been 15 years ago.
    true.

but I must say I really like Wu-Tang vs Shaolin by Raekwon.

When they will drop out some video from this album?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    true.

but I must say I really like Wu-Tang vs Shaolin by Raekwon.
    I mean they still made good shit after 2G. I liked Birth Of A Prince, Digital Bullet, Bulletproof Wallets, OB4CL2, No Said Date etc. And various songs here and there on The W and Iron Flag, but none of it was the 90's caliber that they set for themselves.
    Last edited by TheWuSepticTank; 03-24-2015 at 01:50 PM.
    STAY TUNED.

Listened to ABT in full again yesterday. Still love that album. Fuck all of you

Quote Originally Posted by TheWuCepticon View Post
    I mean they still made good shit after 2G. I liked Birth Of A Prince, Digital Bullet, Bulletproof Wallets, OB4CL2, No Said Date etc. And various songs here and there on The W and Iron Flag, but none of it was the 90's caliber that they set for themselves.
    true.