Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "A Better Tomorrow" is definitely a spring/summer album in vibe imo

Veteran Member

Preacher's Daughter and Family Reunion are the tracks I listen to the least from the album. I still listen to it regularly and although it's arguably the Wu's weakest group effort I still find myself bumping most the joints, especially Felt, Hold The Heater, Crushed Egos, Pioneer The Frontier, Necklace and Never Let Go.

Quote Originally Posted by fortyglock View Post
    Preacher's Daughter and Family Reunion are the tracks I listen to the least from the album. I still listen to it regularly and although it's arguably the Wu's weakest group effort I still find myself bumping most the joints, especially Felt, Hold The Heater, Crushed Egos, Pioneer The Frontier, Necklace and Never Let Go.
    Mah dood. 2nd'd

I personally rank it higher than The W and Iron Flag. A toss up with 8D for 3rd.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheWuCepticon View Post
    They did set too high of a standard for themselves in the 90s. That's why the albums after "Forever", were big disappointments. Plus, numerous lackluster solo efforts before and after 2000. The last great Wu (within the 9 members) disc was Supreme Clientele, and that's been 15 years ago.
    They didn't set the bar too high for themselves, they set it too high with the fans. What's the number one complaint with fans? They want 1993 sounding music. A
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hound View Post
    They didn't set the bar too high for themselves, they set it too high with the fans. What's the number one complaint with fans? They want 1993 sounding music. A
    I cant speak for all fans. But, my complaint is that I wanted another great group album after Forever. And Forever didn't sound like 1993, neither did Cuban Linx, Liquid Swords, nor Ironman, and they're all great albums. Supreme Clientele didn't sound like 93 either, but it was a classic that satisfied fans. Most fans just wanted great quality music , which was reasonable since everybody had to buy albums back then. Anybody who was really a fan since the 90's, following each album progressed with each album as well as a listener and liked each of those albums when each one dropped. Unless you stopped at Enter The Wu and didn't like anything after, then you still want 1993 back. That's a stagnated listener.
    Last edited by TheWuSepticTank; 03-25-2015 at 03:26 AM.
    STAY TUNED.

i find it to be the kind of horrendous album that no outside factors can improve.

Quote Originally Posted by Longbongcilvaringz View Post
    i find it to be the kind of horrendous album that no outside factors can improve.
    Yo, you're a rude mother fucker, and thanks bro!
    STAY TUNED.

Why would you want to ruin a sunny day by listening to this piece of shit?

Melf Nederlandse lifestyle & hiphop community. Voor bazen. De beste website van de wereld.[

SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR

Quote Originally Posted by BigKing.nl View Post
    Why would you want to ruin a sunny day by listening to this piece of shit?
    lmao
    We do it for the people.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWuCepticon View Post
    I cant speak for all fans. But, my complaint is that I wanted another great group album after Forever. And Forever didn't sound like 1993, neither did Cuban Linx, Liquid Swords, nor Ironman, and they're all great albums. Supreme Clientele didn't sound like 93 either, but it was a classic that satisfied fans. Most fans just wanted great quality music , which was reasonable since everybody had to buy albums back then. Anybody who was really a fan since the 90's, following each album progressed with each album as well as a listener and liked each of those albums when each one dropped. Unless you stopped at Enter The Wu and didn't like anything after, then you still want 1993 back. That's a stagnated listener.
    I agree, defenders of the album always bring up the opinion that the only reason fans don't like it is coz they want Wu to sound like they did in 93. That's not the case at all, we just want decent music. If that was the case why was the album universally panned by non Wu fans. I'd hate to hear the Wu do a rehash of their original lp. Just drop something dope, not an album full of half assed ideas, too much going on in some tracks, some not fully realised at all, and some flat out terrible tracks.

Have to say I really like Ruckus In B Minor, Necklace and Keep Watch, (originally liked Pioneer but its a half baked effort at nostalgia to 'please the fans' and bring it back to 93) but stuff like Family Reunion (don't know if I have ever cringed so much), Miracle (2nd most cringe inducing), We Will Fight, Mistaken Identity (horrible beat) just make this thing awful to listen to.

I waited a while before coming back to this, I was bumping different genres, threw on that new Kendrick, the new Earl album (dope IMO) some War On Drugs, came back to this hoping it would be better than I remembered but no

However i do agree with Claaa, this is a summer album. And I thought 8 Diagrams was pretty dope

People will appreciate this album when they get mature or when they can relate wisdom.
    NEW ANTHAI BEATS MENTALS VOL.1:
    www.71Raw.Bandcamp.com
    http://tinypic.com?ref=jachg1

THE QUIET SOLDIER

A summer album to me is one you can cruise to with the windows down on a hot summers day..........which isn't ABT. However I would play any of Ghosts new stuff on a summers day. ABT is best for a cold winters day when the windows are closed so the neighbours don't hear the Disney inspired Miracle track!

Quote Originally Posted by 71Raw View Post
    People will appreciate this album when they get mature or when they can relate wisdom.
    Or they will never appreciate the album because they don't care for that particular sound, even though they are mature and wise.
    As for myself: I had come to the conclusion that there was nothing sacred about myself or any human being, that we were all machines, doomed to collide and collide and collide.
    - Kurt Vonnegut

Veteran Member

This album has been getting constant play here. Preacher's Daughter is growing on me although I feel that the instrumental went on for too long after the verses.

I personally like this more than 8 Diagrams and although it is arguably the Wu's (second) worst group album I find that it has replay value.

Btw is that Nathaniel who does the singing on Mistaken Identity?

The problem with the album is the choice of production and the chemistry just seems dead.

I honestly think that the group is better off doing solo work. While Meth, GZA, U-God and Masta Killah came correct, Deck and Ghost sounded flat and uninspired, and Rae hasn't made anything good since 2011, and I wasn't really impressed by him on ABT either.

If there is to be another group album, I would only care for it if the beats were handled by the likes Tru Master, Bronze Nazareth, Apollo Brown, 7L, etc. I love RZA for what he's done, but he's not that producer anymore. And making a MELLOWED OUT sound for the Clan won't cut it. It doesn't have to sound like 1993. But just because it isn't 93 doesn't mean that mellowing out the Clan is the appropriate sound. Yes the guys are older and are not going to talk about slangin on the block, but they are still dope MCs who can get on the track and wreck, and they would if the right beats were supplied and RZA sadly just hasn't been able to do that anymore.

Still Wu for life, but I won't have any expectations from a new Clan album unless the beats are NOT handled by RZA.