Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Wu-Tang Clan’s “A Better Tomorrow” Boring & “Too Soft,” Raekwon Says

Quote Originally Posted by Punch View Post
    If it wasn't for "white boys" Wu would still be chasing thier first platinum record.
    ABT is just not an interesting album and it has nothing to do with how much it dies or doesn't sound like 90s era Wu. If you like it, that's great, enjoy but the argument is getting annoying. It's like just because Rza is trying something different we should all bow down and be grateful. Different doesn't make it automatically good and while I respect RZA's artistic vision I also can't dismiss my reaction to the music.
    That's bullshit, as white boys didn't check Wu until AFTER their first platinum album, but whatever...

Tons of people like the new Wu album and tons don't like it, it's a split decision. I agree with you that you shouldn't jump on something just because it's a new direction, if you did, then you would be a mindless dick rider...but I like the New Wu album because it is a banger...The beats are tight the lyrics are tight, the whole album is tight, my only problem is that CappaDonna is on too many tracks.
    as far as Rae's opinion, that did is a ham...if the album sold millions he would say it was a banger, it didn't so he doesn't like it...I will say, the album sounds like it should have come out in the summer

Quote Originally Posted by DarkeyeZ Da Riddla View Post
    That's bullshit, as white boys didn't check Wu until AFTER their first platinum album, but whatever...
    lmao you must be delusional, people picked up 36 in droves here the year it came out - just one example
    Retired.

I bet you ABT is better than FILA.

ABT has it's flaws. No doubt about it. But Rae is the last member who should talk bad about anything considering all the garbage he has put out. I mean, we don't even need to get into it. It's been mentioned in this thread already.

I'd be happy if a new group album came out WITHOUT Rae and RZA on it. Their clashing ideologies just don't work.

ABT is soft like every Rae album that didn't have a RZA beat.
    It's the god, god.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hound View Post
    THIS ^^

If people want "classic wu sound" so bad go listen to the classic wu sound that dropped with so many albums in the 90's. They got more classics with the "wu sound" than most artists ever release albums lol
    Well that's actually what people did. ABT flopped terribly. Topped lists as most disappointing album lf the year. Nobody ever wanted a soft Wu-Tang album.

A Better Tomorrow made that Wu-Tang Forever song by Drake and that Raekwon/Bieber song sound like some grimy hardcore 36 chambers shit.

It's the worst album of all time. It's like RZA puts his ass close to your head and just keeps farting for more than an hour.

Melf Nederlandse lifestyle & hiphop community. Voor bazen. De beste website van de wereld.[

Quote Originally Posted by DarkeyeZ Da Riddla View Post
    Maybe that's true wherever you're from but not here in nyc. Hip-Hop was huge with whites since the mid to late eighties, but in the early 90s it got een bigger. I'm white and most of the people I knew back then were white and we knew as much about Hip-hop as anyone, and I don't think we were a rare case.
    As for myself: I had come to the conclusion that there was nothing sacred about myself or any human being, that we were all machines, doomed to collide and collide and collide.
    - Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by Punch View Post
    Maybe that's true wherever you're from but not here in nyc. Hip-Hop was huge with whites since the mid to late eighties, but in the early 90s it got een bigger. I'm white and most of the people I knew back then were white and we knew as much about Hip-hop as anyone, and I don't think we were a rare case.
    damn homie, you just made it sound like white made hip-hop what it is...that just ain't true...
    I only spent a few months in nyc in the 90's, so I can't speak on it, but I can everywhere else I have been in the world (well, I should say North America, as I ain't been overseas), hip-hop has been a black thing. hell, to the DAY white people where I live consider hip-hop "black music"...even if it's a song by Eminem.
    I grew up in some very racist neighborhoods, so, I am not a fan of white boys, until I get to know them and they are cool...but I do love fucking white girls and letting white boys know about it

Terry Cloth Rudolph Joint Sky Blue Bally Kid's Avatar

lol @ Rae saying he's not being on the album until he's happy with the sound. Then appears anyway once RZA throws money at him. Now Rae is free to talk shit about him in the media.

RZA got trolld hard, he should have just left Rae off the album once he started making money demands. Now their relationship is back to where it was before the album was made, just Rae is a few thousand richer.

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

I wonder how RZA feels about the project. He basically had the support of all members for the anniversary to once again have full creative control over the Wu-Tang album. Even after the 8 Diagrams disaster.

And then you put out this weak shit. It seemed like he was the only one who believed in this project. How is that possible? It sucks so hard.

Melf Nederlandse lifestyle & hiphop community. Voor bazen. De beste website van de wereld.[

nada ignorante

ABT>>>>Fila

and I aint even heard Fila yet...
    N.I.

U gotta love the "blame whitey" trolls, its getting sad

I'm actually digging this album a lot .

My evidence, my own testament, written on wood
    Twelve tribes layin at the head of corners in hoods
    Hell razah

Anyone who doesn't want Rza to get dusted again and rap like Rzarektah is a faggit.

/ Thread

Wu-Veteran

Listened to my playlist of this album in full today..I enjoyed it....Its a good album..lyrically everyone brought it. Deck doesn't sound the same..but cynthias son was dope.
    Meth brought fire..Gza was excellent, Ghost had some great moments and some average ones..Mk slayed everything..Rae was solid, U god too...Rza was ok sounds really different.. Wasn't feeling cappa ...the beats for preachers daughter (chorus too) pioneer the frontier, We will fight, pass the heater and mistaken identity just dont fit with wutang...they brought the album down majorly...the bars are on point...but the beats are trash....take those out...add 'execution in autumn' and you have a great wu album for 2015. Wutang forever set the bar tho...I see why so many people get dissapointed

The beat on Mistaken Identity is just fuckin horrible