Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Islam (worlds fastest growing faith) gets alot bigga in 2050

Quote Originally Posted by Bob check two Rebadow View Post
    Why do you like Taylor Swift so much?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary View Post
    6.5 Piece: When a girl is bangin', hot, beautiful, "A perfect 6.5."

Ahahahah

Ok, I'll give you that.....She ain't really a dime, but she is definitely bangin.

Default Religion in 2050

http://www.pewforum.org/2015/04/02/r...ons-2010-2050/

Over the next four decades, Christians will remain the largest religious group, but Islam will grow faster than any other major religion. If current trends continue, by 2050…

* The number of Muslims will nearly equal the number of Christians around the world.

* Atheists, agnostics and other people who do not affiliate with any religion – though increasing in countries such as the United States and France – will make up a declining share of the world’s total population.

* The global Buddhist population will be about the same size it was in 2010, while the Hindu and Jewish populations will be larger than they are today.

* In Europe, Muslims will make up 10% of the overall population.

* India will retain a Hindu majority but also will have the largest Muslim population of any country in the world, surpassing Indonesia.

* In the United States, Christians will decline from more than three-quarters of the population in 2010 to two-thirds in 2050, and Judaism will no longer be the largest non-Christian religion. Muslims will be more numerous in the U.S. than people who identify as Jewish on the basis of religion.

* Four out of every 10 Christians in the world will live in sub-Saharan Africa.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeybarz View Post
    Four out of every 10 Christians in the world will live in sub-Saharan Africa.
    interesting
    Retired.

Veteran Member

sorry, I didn't know that. you can delete this thread

Quote Originally Posted by HANZO View Post
    Well no, like I know from a few muslim countries I been to. Like Dubai, Qatar etc etc theres not much to do. Reason why the Arabs have a garage full of cars and 4 wives.

In Turkey the President himself for years has been saying that you shouldn't have 1 or 2 kids, but 3 and possibly more. He says it all the fucking time, apparently having 2 kids will kill the country but 3, 4 or 5 will save it. When people say we won't be able to afford having 3 children he says the same bullshit a muslim would say. 'God will take care of it'. Madness.
    Iran is doing the same thing, where they're encouraging its citizens to have more kids. I've never been to Dubai or Qatar (I'm too poor), but I know they're small territories, so having too many kids wouldn't be such a smart idea. But I'm sure Turkey and Iran can afford millions more due to their size.

by the way, are you a Turk? can you explain to me why people in the Balkans still hate the Turks, despite the Ottoman Empire no longer existing? every Albanian and Serb I've talked to despises Turkey. I'm guessing Greeks aren't too happy either.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLE EYE View Post
    Well yea..

As the global population drastically rises, one could safely assume growth in the following of any religious institution.

There will probably be a a few billion more soccer enthusiasts by then also. The problem with the Pew researchers is that they think in a linear scale, when in fact change is happening exponentially.

The question we should be asking is not will religion survive a coming singularity, but what will articifial intelligence that supercedes our own make of it? Because that's coming, its already here in its infancy. I won't give any lessons on what the singularity is, and what it isn't because that's a massive topic to cover.

Also its hard to take religious polling seriously with my generation. I've know so many "Christians" for example who would check that box, when in fact they only go to either Psalm Sunday, Easter service, or a Christmas candlelight service during the year. Otherwise there is zero bible reading, praying, church attentance or mention of their Lord. Same applies to muslims I've known pretend they are devoutly commited to allah, but love clubs, designer drugs, and non-halal food.

There should be like an entire category for the faux or half-assed religious population. Based in my experiences with these people (many my own friends) They only still indentify for keeping up appearances or fear of backlash from parents/grandparents if they opt out.
    We're far from singularity, and the major growth zones are far from running water, so i don't think that'll be a factor for at least 100 years honestly, and even at that point it won't matter to the extent enthusiasts think it will. I don't even see how that will relate to religion what so ever.

I agree with you on the Pew and religion as an identity and not a practice or even belief. It's just a declaration of culture for most. Even the Americans that are atheists are still considered 'christian' by everyone else because they're in the chrisitan world and were born to a chrisitan lineage. Same with muslims claiming atheist or not practicing.

Quote Originally Posted by check two View Post
    lol why isn't there much to do in those countries?
    In Nigeria it's half and half and there's nooooooothing to do in the muslim half. Nothing. The religion doesn't encourage entrepreneurship and a lot is prohibited or too questionable to even try. Imagine America if all the things you do and places you go to find and eff women didn't have any women and you felt a little guilty going to them anyways.

For recreation I noticed the muslim portion likes lounging (gathering and having conversations over tea coffee or hookah), taking walks, going to parks. Nobody is going to go roller blading because there's 0 bitches.
    Last edited by TSA; 08-24-2015 at 08:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeybarz View Post
    by the way, are you a Turk? can you explain to me why people in the Balkans still hate the Turks, despite the Ottoman Empire no longer existing? every Albanian and Serb I've talked to despises Turkey. I'm guessing Greeks aren't too happy either.
    I am a Turk and and theres a simple reason why they don't like us Turks is that nobody likes a foreign invader, especially Muslim ones. 500 years of Ottoman rule isn't easy to shake off, the Ottomans had their good and bad parts. In the beginning it was good by the end it got bad, ethnic cleansing was rampant from both sides, the rise of nationalism didn't help at all and that legacy ethnic strife still lives on today. The Serbs and Greeks hate the Turk but Bosnians and other Muslims in the region fly the Turkish flag more than a Turk would. So its a case of people not really getting over Ottoman rule, their presence is still felt, not just in the balkans but everywhere else they ruled. All areas the Ottoman empire controlled has never really recovered since the empires collapse.

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    In Nigeria it's half and half and there's nooooooothing to do in the muslim half. Nothing. The religion doesn't encourage entrepreneurship and a lot is prohibited or too questionable to even try. Imagine America if all the things you do and places you go to find and eff women didn't have any women and you felt a little guilty going to them anyways.

For recreation I noticed the muslim portion likes lounging (gathering and having conversations over tea coffee or hookah), taking walks, going to parks. Nobody is going to go roller blading because there's 0 bitches.
    ironically, according to that research, Nigeria will become a Muslim-majority country before 2050, making it the 50th country with a Muslim-majority. but that's only because Nigerian Muslims give birth at higher rates than Nigerian Christians. even weirder, Macedonia will become a Muslim-majority country by 2050. I didn't see that one coming

Hanzo, I see what you mean. I've been reading a lot about the Ottoman Empire lately. I know people keep bringing up the Armenian Genocide, but there were some massacres inflicted on Turks that nobody mentions. today, Turkey seems to be doing better than all the Balkan countries combined, economically and militarily speaking. it's a little ironic that Turkey is now considered the most liberal, secular Muslim country in the world, when just two hundred years ago Europe thought they were a menace. I've been meaning to visit Istanbul. I heard they opened up a museum or something dedicated to the 1453 conquest of Constantinople. I want to see that

No Father to my stench

Default fffffff

2050 with MORE "muslims" and "christians"?

she it

not on mah watch!!!!!!

om guessing when they say "Islam" they mean that watered down bullshit that passes for orffffff-i-doxy

if 2050 means more of those creepy folks than we in trouble

Quote Originally Posted by knewcheeze View Post
    2050 with MORE "muslims" and "christians"?

she it

not on mah watch!!!!!!

om guessing when they say "Islam" they mean that watered down bullshit that passes for orffffff-i-doxy

if 2050 means more of those creepy folks than we in trouble
    Retired.

lol @ know cheeze referring to others as creepy