Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Ghostface: "I murdered everything I was on" (Once Upon a Time in Shaolin)

Quote Originally Posted by Durag View Post
    This shit is dead, has to be. No updates, no comments no nothing.

After all the media hype, been all over forbes and on news sites all over the world, this is just a fuckin embarrasment. The hype has gone, people have forgotten all about it apart from a few people on this site. Pathetic.
    ringz is gone too
    Retired.

Yeah LOL an even clearer indication that its fucked. Too ashamed to show his face.

shaolin shadowboxer Frank Drebin's Avatar

Hope he now releases it for the fans and lets us enjoy the wonderful experience on this awesome music

Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    Allah is my bitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodman View Post
    Can’t stand Cilvaringz, by the way.... It’s never us coming with the gimmicks. It’s always on the outside, a "B" Wu guy or somebody like that coming with some crap that’s just so gimmicky. It makes you scratch your head and say, ‘Why Wu-Tang?’ when it’s not Wu-Tang.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    That's a guy in those pictures who's a woman?

Non Ignorant Math Team

NON-IGS

cilvaringz has done a runner with the money .. we will never hear from him again...

Quote Originally Posted by habitual_line_steppr View Post
    cilvaringz has done a runner with the money .. we will never hear from him again...
    I think this as well.

Ah what money?
    Allah is my bitch
    Can’t stand Cilvaringz, by the way.... It’s never us coming with the gimmicks. It’s always on the outside, a "B" Wu guy or somebody like that coming with some crap that’s just so gimmicky. It makes you scratch your head and say, ‘Why Wu-Tang?’ when it’s not Wu-Tang.

Quote Originally Posted by Durag View Post
    After all the media hype, been all over forbes and on news sites all over the world, this is just a fuckin embarrasment.
    This

I will add, Ya'll are dreamin if you think Ringz is gonna take an L on this one. Dude is too focused and has invested to much time and money to leave it unfinished.

just take a look at Cilva's twitter and instagram and you'll see that he's content with life. I honestly think he's a terrible human being and deserves the hate that Method Man and Dom P are throwing his way. he's just very shady. his entire instagram page is a commercial for how well he's doing in Morocco. doesn't mention music at all. the dude is just living it up....and tweeting about how much he loves Game of Thrones.

I'm guessing the Shaolin album was sold privately for a decent price. I can't imagine Cilva coming back to this place after that whole ordeal. he really is a snake

I think that if the album was sold rza would've claimed the success by now to show that wu is still relevant.
    Allah is my bitch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrx-K8u7xu8

posting the link because every time i've embedded it, it has been deleted by you know who

I love how he talks about 20years of great music which he had nothing to do with.
    Allah is my bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Simon Hurt View Post
    posting the link because every time i've embedded it, it has been deleted by you know who
    he is also a wu tang martial thread mover expert
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeybarz View Post
    just take a look at Cilva's twitter and instagram and you'll see that he's content with life. I honestly think he's a terrible human being and deserves the hate that Method Man and Dom P are throwing his way. he's just very shady. his entire instagram page is a commercial for how well he's doing in Morocco. doesn't mention music at all. the dude is just living it up....and tweeting about how much he loves Game of Thrones.

I'm guessing the Shaolin album was sold privately for a decent price. I can't imagine Cilva coming back to this place after that whole ordeal. he really is a snake
    who said he left? lol

Wu-Tang Clan Still Hasn’t Sold That $5 Million Album

http://flavorwire.com/534644/wu-tang...million-album/

Several months after going to auction with Once Upon a Time in Shaolin, the Wu-Tang Clan has yet to sell their final album, only one copy of which is reported to exist in the world. The album features 31 tracks, all eight living Wu-Tang MCs, and will not be heard by the listening public for 88 years — as per a copyright clause designed by RZA and controversial Wu-Tang affiliate Tarik “Cilvaringz” Azzougarh.

According to online auction house Paddle8, the sale of Once Upon a Time in Shaolin has not been finalized, although the house “continues to work with the seller to vet a number of offers from serious potential collectors.” The album went to auction in early March, reportedly with a base price of $5 million dollars.

The brainchild of self-described Wu-Tang “abbot” RZA and his protégé Cilvaringz, Once Upon a Time in Shaolin also aspires to the status of an expensive art object. The physical album is contained within two nickel-silver boxes that were hand-carved by a Moroccan artist and a team of ten workers over the course of three months.

Of course, an 88-year copyright would not prevent a potential buyer from playing the songs to the public for free. It remains to be seen whether the sale of the album is being held up by lack of viable interest, or if the red tape that comes with such a rare item — under such an extreme copyright — is slowing the pace of the sale.

Since March, the album has proven a source of controversy not only among fans, but also between members of the Wu-Tang Clan.

Method Man, whose album The Meth Lab is out this week, was the loudest opponent of the album. “I’m tired of this shit and I know everybody else is tired of it, too,” he told XXL, “Fuck that album, if that’s what they are doing.”

Ghostface Killah was somewhat more muted. “It could be good and it could be bad,” he told CBC Music in April.

“My first thing was like, no, give it to the people,” he added, “Then I look at it, like 88 years, most of us is going to be gone by that time, but…it might give Wu-Tang another burst in 80 years.”

RZA’s response to Method Man was unambiguous. He took to Twitter to defend the album’s eight decade copyright:

Y'all misinformed homies better go roll that sHhh light that Shhh and smoke that shhh and calm down. Y'all falling for the pork in the bun

— RZA! (@RZA) March 5, 2015
    FYI. @methodman was misinformed by @xxl and you guys are riding a wave into rocks. Do the knowledge before you speak. #wutang

— RZA! (@RZA) March 5, 2015
    The response by Wu-Tang Clan members may have been a reaction against the back room development and marketing strategy behind the album. The process seems to have been restricted to RZA and Cilvaringz. And it was Cilvaringz — who also conceived of Snowballs, a cooling underwear that improves men’s sperm quality by icing the testicles — who appears to have pushed for selling the album at auction.

“Initially we wanted the buyer to do whatever he wanted with it,” Cilvaringz told Scluzay.com. But later, after assessing “commercial interest” in the project, Cilvaringz and RZA “began to understand that allowing it to play out in that way would undermine its trajectory as an art piece.”

Art piece or not, the trajectory of Once Upon a Time in Shaolin has been non-existent. It may as well remain in the hands of the men who made it, in fact, given that the potential buyer will be unable to hear the album until she pays several million dollars. Flavorwire heard a 13-minute sample of Shaolin at MoMA PS1 in March. The verdict? It’s hard to say. But it did feature Cher.
    Love thy neighbor