Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Ghostface: "I murdered everything I was on" (Once Upon a Time in Shaolin)

Cilvaringz is gettin mad heated. Dude was uber selective about replying on here, but on the last page, his self control, has totally gone out the window. hahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Cilvaringz View Post
    What makes you think that you're entitled to any updates on a private sale of anything for that matter. Clearly someone's begging, and it aint me.
    Come on Cilva, why you got to be so harsh with us.

Last edited by Pestilence; 04-16-2015 at 03:48 PM.

CORNED BEEF CUNT

fuck this album, fuck abt (which i unfortunately bought)....What happened to the wu? Shit is getttin embarassing. Ghost is the only one with any real connections to the fans. There is a reason why ghost, rae deck and meth hate cilvaringz (meth especially it seems). So at this point thats all the info i need to know to make a judgement on what type of bussiness cilvaringz is runnin. Oh well maybe ghost will bless us with SC 2 and doomstarks b4 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by Pestilence View Post
    Come on Cilva, why you got to be so harsh with us.

Corny Nuh! Capitalizing Cilvaringz's Avatar

what makes you think ghost and rae hate me? lol

85 %ER

meth and deck do tho. lol.

lol, anything to make you feel better about the course of this album huh? haha.. i hope it brings comfort knowing that Im "hated" .. cheers

Meth implied that RZA isn't really happy with Cilvaringz in that interview. Yeah cos he doesn't really finish his thought then goes "thats why i hate cilvaringz", or something like that anyway. Can't remember, don't care about this topic anymore but the thread is amusing.

One burning question I can't get out of my mind, Does Shorty Shitstain like Cilvaringz?

Platypi on the swarm!! RUSHING PLATYPUS's Avatar

lol It's like he truly doesn't understand why people don't care for being lied to for years. How is it hard to understand?

85 %ER

it's just funny how much Input he asked the fans for, should I remove this islord verse etc etc, then says it's not for the fans. then gets butthurt when the fans turned on him. b grade

I understand people were upset, but to still be upset a year + after, and still be trolling.. is like, get over it already. Does that make sense?
    Last edited by Cilvaringz; 04-16-2015 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cunt View Post
    it's just funny how much Input he asked the fans for, should I remove this islord verse etc etc, then says it's not for the fans. then gets butthurt when the fans turned on him. b grade
    lol.. not butthurt ol'mate... just fascinated this still got folks upset.

Banned

when does the auction start/end?

when you read the articles correctly and realise there is no auction

Shaolin Master

Quote Originally Posted by Cilvaringz View Post
    lol.. not butthurt ol'mate... just fascinated this still got folks upset.
    Really?

to quote myself on another forum:

A huge part of the backlash is bringing the fans into the process and them denying them the product. Again, he played people clips of songs, he shared line-ups, he talked all the time about how he was trying to make a "Wu-sounding album" because Wu themselves weren't making them anymore. He shared the process before he even knew what the final project was going to be for years until it ended up being "Once Upon A Time In Shaolin." And after having them involved in making it and showing them each step in the process, you break the news that none of them will probably ever hear it unless it hits a museum near them? You have to expect people coming back at you over that one. Like I said, this is Cilvaringz project to do with as he likes and it was cool that he involved people in the process as he made this album but to build up hype for years about this 'last great Wu album for the fans' and then have those fans you hyped it to told they're probably never hearing it, yeah, they're gonna blow up.
    I'm not upset w/ you about it like most on this board and I fully understand it's your project and you need to get back your investment into it + some & that wasn't going to happen through a traditional format.

But, it's not only understandable but inevitable that when you pulled all the members of this board into the process but then took them out of the possibility to experience & possess it, there's going to be some blowback.

Add in it's on this board with very obsessive fans who clamor for anything Wu, who have been even supporting & purchasing many of the recent sub-par releases, and you're hyping a vintage sounding project on this board that you even allow them in the process of while you're making it to make them even more excited about and feel a part of it. Then, in the end, they can't have any relation to the end product. That blowback's going to be the loudest and most vocal on this board.

Ultimately, I think it was pretty cool & inclusive of you to let people into your building of this project before you even knew what it was going to eventually be and how you were going to market it and, sadly, I think if you'd kept people in the dark until you had a finished project, there'd be a lot less vitriol aimed at you now.

But to claim that the reaction is somehow a surprise or 'fascinating' that it's still going on is just not understanding the situation. You were the one that made them feel like they were part of the process. You were the one that gave them the weekly lineups. You were the one that made them feel, intentionally or not, that you were making this album specifically for the fans on this board and fans like them.

Not in the general public, but on this board, you marketed though involving them that you were making the Wu album fans have been wanting to hear. The fans on this board can't get that album. They're going to hold that against you no matter the financial or creative sense the move you ultimately made means to you.

Again, this is 100% your project to do with as you wish and to make back the money you put into it plus profit on top. While I disagree with aspects of how it's being released, I personally am not upset about you handling your project the any way you wish. It's your album.

That said, while I don't share their feelings, I still understand those that are upset, and if you don't understand why they're still upset after years of build up to something they felt intimately connected to being denied them, I think you're lacking perspective on the anticipation and inclusiveness you built in the first place. As unintentional as it may have been, and as misguided, juvenile, idiotic and over the top as much of the reaction ended up being, the majority of the cause for the reaction lies at your feet.

Yeah, we all should move on from this and get back to complaining about Rae's upcoming album, but you got to know that, unwarranted as it might be and not at all what you intended, some people on here felt betrayed by what OUATIS ended up being and feelings don't bounce back that quick. Hopefully they're able to take a step back and see the logic on why what you're doing was the best path for you, but that takes time. Especially when they felt some ownership to the project as well.

Sorry for the novel but you get what I'm saying, right?