Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: (New) Raekwon ft Snoop Dogg - 1,2 1,2

This is pretty weak, but it's probably the best track that he's dropped from the album so far.

I read a review of F.I.L.A. in either NME or Mojo magazine, I forget which, but it said something along the lines of... "Raekwon complained that Wu-Tang's A Better Tomorrow was mediocre and soft sounding. On F.I.L.A. Raekwon proves that he is more than capable of making mediocre and soft sounding music on his own"

Hahahaaaaaa!! This shit is going to be on Mr. Xcitement levels of whackness!!!!

Peace!

nada ignorante

Shoulda been Redman instead of Snoop. Besides that is sounds like Mixtape material shit.
    Last edited by hotnikks; 04-09-2015 at 12:06 PM.
    N.I.

pretty dope, i like the beat switch for Snoop's second verse, i always loved that sample.. this and "Wall to Wal" works for me

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

FRESH FISH

Quote Originally Posted by puerto rock View Post
    It's like he knows that you aint gotta be shit to get something out there in the main stream as long as you have a catchy sounding beat that will appeal to the new generation.
    You DO have to be shit to be out there in the mainstream and to appeal to the new generation.

Specifically, you have to able to make a catchy song with production that fits the current direction of hip-hop.

Which Wu-Tang has struggled to do for about fifteen years. It is not easy. Wu is great at doing Wu - not so much doing what other rappers do. Nor should they be doing what other rappers do.

If you think the new generation loves wackness, you don't get it. The new generation is quite talented and makes more exciting music in 2015 than Wu-Tang.
    Last edited by FakeAlias; 04-09-2015 at 06:42 PM.

Hate to admit it but Rae is 0-2 so far with these tracks, both beats are complete dogshit.

Quote Originally Posted by DR. NICK RIVIERA View Post
    Raekwon and snoop should have collabed in 1995, maybe 2005, but not in 2015.

Snoop makes a fire verse for rnb songs that will get heard, not weird collabos.
    I think maybe 2005?

I remember the 90s was east vs west.
    Snoop doing a track with an east coast artist is still weird for me to hear.

I remember it was in the 2000s where snoop started gettin on tracks with sticky fingaz, Jay-z, Redman, and 50 Cent.

the track with Rae is decent but as everyone mentioned, it would've been better if Redman got on that track insead of snoop
    Last edited by chiba; 04-09-2015 at 08:24 PM.

courtesy of Bobby_Digital72

Non Ignorants

Banned

Sounds like a half finished beat.

This isn't a good song but is a great example that Rae is as out if touch with what the fans want a Clan LP to be as he says RZA is

Quote Originally Posted by chiba View Post
    I think maybe 2005?

I remember it was in the 2000s where snoop started gettin on tracks with sticky fingaz, Jay-z, Redman, and 50 Cent.

the track with Rae is decent but as everyone mentioned, it would've been better if Redman got on that track insead of snoop
    Redman and Method Man were on a track on AEOM
    Last edited by The Hound; 04-09-2015 at 10:21 PM.
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

thread suddenly made me remember this

I should go pull that album out and give it a spin, it's been ages
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattch82 View Post
    This is pretty weak, but it's probably the best track that he's dropped from the album so far.

I read a review of F.I.L.A. in either NME or Mojo magazine, I forget which, but it said something along the lines of... "Raekwon complained that Wu-Tang's A Better Tomorrow was mediocre and soft sounding. On F.I.L.A. Raekwon proves that he is more than capable of making mediocre and soft sounding music on his own"

Hahahaaaaaa!! This shit is going to be on Mr. Xcitement levels of whackness!!!!

Peace!
    The thing is, im not feeling the direction Raes going with his FILA album so far. Neither do I agree that thecmessage of ABT was soft, i think it was perfect. They gona feed my Wu craving with that slightly not so popular sound with jeweks included. But ill probably have to wait a lonnnnng time
    But Raes not stupid, he knows exactly what market hes aiming for with this album and it aint us old diehard stuck in the 90s Wu fiends. When he said ABT was soft he knows exactly what hard Wu sound should have been on the album. Just like Cilva knows.
    Rae just wants to be relevant to whats current now. Can we blame him really? Do we have to buy Fila or like it ? No!
    Raes about making his money, being respected by the current and his mentor is Busta Rhymes. So like it or not this is Raes at. Thats why im waiting on GZA dark Matter, or another RZA solo or a Masta Killa they gona drop that more purer wu sound and jewels. But I'll be waiting a longggg time. So Shabazz and 4th Disciple album will do for now.
    Last edited by blaksteez; 04-11-2015 at 12:53 AM.

How the fuck can people call this anything other than embarrassingly wack? This is not "decent". What the fuck is wrong with you people?
    It's the god, god.

meet me in the lobby TommySuits's Avatar

How many fucking times have we heard this sample now? Smh at these type of producers.

its meeeeh
    -----> Check Rev. William Burks aka Chuuuch "Nigowkno", "Runnit" and "Ganja"
    -----> KAMi Genesis, vol1, vol2 and vol3- beat tapes
    https://open.spotify.com/artist/48z4...QcWWL0Pat0qEDQ

the thing is Rae says in interviews that he is doing this for his fans, which is completely BS.. if he want to cater to his existing fans he should keep doing what he's been doing. what he's trying to do is get new fans, ike younger people who don't know about Wu-Tang Clan more than as of a name.

all four of these singles are tracks which i could put on to my girl and she'd probably think they were pretty dope

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chiba View Post
    I think maybe 2005?

Yeah but the wu and west coast artist were always cool with eachother

Mef on 2pacs album
    odb with alkoholiks and shouting out dr. Dre and snoop on hippa to tha hoppa, i think
    bring back begongo!!

Wack.