Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Oz tv show

Default Oz tv show

I'm a little late starting to watch this, but did anyone else find the guy in the wheel chair that is talking all the time to be pretty annoying?

Where is a zombie baby when you need it?

I tried to get into that show, but there wasnt enough buttfuckin for my taste

I agree though, the wheelchair guy was annoying. He was the dr. Melfi of the show, fast forward

I could relate to cyril, the retarded Irish guy

Watched it back in 2012/13. Classic show. Didn't find Augustus Hill annoying @ all. My favourite character was Kareem Saïd.

Banned

^ Kareem Said was dope, but Ryan O'Reily was the best....same with Adibisi & Omar White. The 3rd season is dope with the boxing tourney, and I thought Lord Jamar as Supreme Allah was on fucking point....also found it weird Pancamo is with the Italians when he was still an active memeber with the Hells Angels in real life (tat is on his left pec) so I always figured he'd be with the bikers in the show. Rick Fox as a character was solid, same with s4 and the basketball tourney.

Augustus's purpose aside from his character in the actual show is the guy basically giving you cryptic messages as to what the episode will be about....the episode Straight Life in S1 is all about drugs or 'tits' as they call it, so he elaborates on the different drugs, etc. Then there's an episode where he explaisn tot he audience about all the different types of shanks/knives you can use in prison, and someone in the episode uses each one....sharp tooth brush, spring from under your bed, broken glass piece, etc etc.

solid show to get into....8ep a season, except s4 with 16, and really well done IMO with cameos from hip hop artists liek Meth Man, Lord Jamar, Master P, LL Cool J & Treach.

Def ,y fav show of all time

You get used to it by S2

I'm surprised there haven't been more flamboyant style master characters yet, but maybe that starts to happen eventually since Lord Jamar shows up?

Does that irish guy double cross everyone he comes in contact with? lol

I watched just about all of season 1 so far. Maybe I missed something, but why is that one guard still working there after getting caught giving drugs to a prisoner? He's the same prison guard who helped get that first italian guy killed. I guess they were hard up for help.

Banned

Hill's narratives were great especially in the first season when each episode was centred around a certain theme.

Tim McManus was really annoying so was that Kenny. I liked Miguel, Omar, Rebadow, Gusmales, Hill, Adibisi. Ryan was a huge cunt lol it was funny when Master P was telling Schillinger how all of the brothers were fucking his sons girlfriend and the baby will probably be black

It's a shame they'll never release this on bluray
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by check two View Post
    I'm surprised there haven't been more flamboyant style master characters yet, but maybe that starts to happen eventually since Lord Jamar shows up?

Does that irish guy double cross everyone he comes in contact with? lol

I watched just about all of season 1 so far. Maybe I missed something, but why is that one guard still working there after getting caught giving drugs to a prisoner? He's the same prison guard who helped get that first italian guy killed. I guess they were hard up for help.
    - Flamboyant in what sense? Lord Jamar's part is big, but it's more of a 2ndary main-character (just like Pancamo/Chuck Zito). I always viewed the main cast as: Beecher, Schillinger, O'Reiley, Said (Sa-Heed), Augustus, Kellar (s2), McManus, Alvarez & Leo Glynn....the rest have important roles (Rebadow, Gusmalas, Wangler, Poet, etc) but I'd consider them more-so supporting cast.

- Yes O'Reiley pretty much betrays everyone for the most part......you'll prob dislike his character in the 2nd season after he gets all 'obsessed', but like him again in the 3rd.

- The guard is suspended & you don't see him again.

Banned

Adibisi was a main character too, especially in season 2 and 3.
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Banned

^ Yea, I found more-so in S3-4 after he stopped being crazy...it's going to be so weird seeing him as Killer Croc in the Suicide Squad film that's coming up....

The riot at the end of season one was pretty corny. It was more over the top than a bad wrestling angle.

Also, during the riots, why did one of the inmates stab the guy who plays the cello?

Banned

^ Prob to just get rid of his character......you'll see that often in the show if you watch it in its entirety; one minute they're there, the next they aren't......not to reveal spoilers, but you'll notice that somewhere around S.3-5 with a Russian mobster/hitman which was annoying because I liked the character.

It's very similar to the Soprano's if you're familiar.....where Paully & Christopher get lost in the woods after attempting to assassinate that russian guy in one episode, or where they don't pursue the guy who assaulted Dr. Melfie in the underground parking lot; it was like a 1 episode thing, and just let it disappear.

The riot was a bit corny, but keep in mind this was 97' or so when the show began, and HBO's first original series ever, so it def. has that effect similar to a Van Damme/Stallone/Snipes film.

That Kenny guy is one of the most irritating characters. They kill off ones like Keane, Schibetta, and Groves, but keep Kenny? smh

Is Adebisi part mentally retarded or just high off of teeeets all the time?

Since Lord Jamar is homosexual, I'm not surprised that he has a part in this show.