Thread: Have you ever not played an immensely popular game?

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Default Have you ever not played an immensely popular game?

I have never played any of the Halo games. When I was in the military in the early to mid two thousands Halo was huge. I never got into it though. I always was watching other people play it, but never felt compelled to try it myself. That was nearly all they played on the ship and in "A" school.

Veteran Member

Yes. It was fun.

SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR

Yes.
    We do it for the people.

Banned

Plenty I haven't played.....but that excludes Xbox because I have a PS3

- Uncharted series
    - Little Big Planet series
    - Portal series
    - Witcher
    - Elder Scrolls
    - Word of Warcraft
    - None of the COD past Black OPs II
    - None of the Legend of Zelda games past NES
    - Kingdom of Hearts series
    - None of the Final Fantasy games past FFX
    - No NHL/NBA/NFL/FIFA games pretty much past 2012
    - Devil Man Cry series past the 1st one
    - Never 'completed' Gears of War II at my buddies place, nor played any of the titles past the 2nd one
    - Briefly played Halo 1-3 but only online & versus modes in college
    - No WWE game past Smackdown vs RAW in 2011
    - No Assassins Creed game past ACIII
    - NO Metal Gear games past Solid: IV
    - Super Smash Bros. series

ANd there are tons of shooters I've never played like The Darkness; Bioshock; Borderlands or any of the Battlefield series....

That's just naming a few...I mostly play unconventional games, and I love hack & slash games like Dynasty Warriors......the gameplay is repetitive, but it never gets tired for me....

lastly, I have yet to play GTA V as well...
    Last edited by KATO; 04-14-2015 at 01:17 PM.

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Uncharted games look fun. I have a friend that works at a record store that pretty much just plays Uncharted from opening until closing because c.d.'s do not sell like that anymore. Always used to watch him play it.
    The only World of Warcraft game I ever played was Warcraft IIark Saga for Sega Saturn. It was my first time ever playing any real time strategy game, so I had no idea what the Hell I was doing and got frustrated with it pretty quickly and put it back in the case and threw it out of the window after twenty minutes. When I came out the next morning and looked at where it landed in the sidewalk it was gone, I hope that whoever picked it up enjoyed it more than I did. The most recent game Legend of Zelda game I own is Twilight Princess. Enjoyed that thoroughly. I am surprised nobody has sampled the City in the Sky music yet, that is some downbeat, atmospheric stuff right there. I own Link's Awakening, Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. I played Ocarina briefly but still have not touched the others yet. I remember a friend telling me about Kingdom Hearts when it first came out, I still have yet to cop it. Last N.B.A. Live game I played new was 2006, basically the same thing every year, just tweaked slightly.
    A friend told me about Devil May Cry when it first came out, a few years later another friend was playing the latest one that had a horse and carriage as one of the bosses, that was the most recent one at the time. Most recent wrestling game I played was Royal Rumble for Sega Dreamcast but did not like it and treated it the same way I treated Warcraft except this time I simply threw it in the garbage. Most recent Metal Gear was Solid on original Playstation, I own the second one, but never got around to playing it.

I almost feel bad for people who didn't play halo 1 and 2, that was *the* game to play at the time. probably my favorite gaming memories. that's like not playing goldeneye when it came out.
    I haven't played any of the Gears of War games until I think GOW3 I got at a garage sale for $5 and played for 10 mins and never again
    no Kingdom Hearts, Borderlands or Battlefield
    really been meaning to play The Last of Us
    can't really think of any more

Banned

^ Never played any of those zombie games either, aside from Res. Evil, and the last I played was IV for the Game Cube I think?

Otherwise Dead Island, The Last of Us etc never played

diablo

Banned

^ Diablo II when it first came out was phenomenal, but it's dated....

Never played Diablo III after hearing bad reviews & supposedly it was nothing special...

oh yeah me either, and I love RPGs