Thread: GZA walks off the stage cus of the whack sound

Default GZA walks off the stage cus of the whack sound

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_m4L4eEikA

Edit: I found this comment below the video:

"Everything that this guy is saying is false!! Wu Tang let the city of Windsor down last night by showing up more than 2 hours late for the show, almost causing a potentially dangerous situation. They were holding the promoter hostage by demanding more money or they would not appear!! They also complained that their rooms at Caesars Windsor that the rooms provided to them were inadequate which was another part of their last minute hostage negotiations and then to publicly diss the production company and sound technician personally just goes to show what kind of people they are. The show was cut short because they showed up 2 hours late and NOT because of sound issues as they are stating!!!! WuTang Clan you have left a sour taste in the city of Windsor!!!!!!!!"

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

Peace CT

Show was over though right? N as far as somebody complaining about a hip hop show starting late, well that's jut a given. Peace

^^Thats the truth...my homeboys we're promoting that event...some real B.S..
    Gza was wilding....i couldn't believe it
    Snypa LG

I hope he puts that energy into his new LP! Thanks for posting

typical wu tang concert shenanigans
    Retired.

Le Maître de la Vie Gitche Manito's Avatar

Surpisingly, in Québec City, they got onstage before midnight, and even though GZA was mad because he has no voice and the mic couldn't make up for it, they gave a really good show.

Disapointment was that Priest didn't show up, but Cappa killed it as he always does and so did Ghost. He murdered his Triumph verse.
    Last edited by Gitche Manito; 04-20-2015 at 10:48 AM.
    Comme les anges à l'œil fauve
    Je reviendrai dans ton alcôve
    Et vers toi glisserai sans bruit
    Comme les ombres de la nuit.

Really unprofessional move by GZA. Fucked up sound or not, you owe a performance to the fans that paid to see you perform. A damn near 50 year old man throwing a hissy fit because he didn't get his accustomed luxury crystal clear sound. GZA may be a legend, but that doesn't give him a pass to disrespect his fans. Get over yourself, and deflate that ego. If Wu-Tang pissed and moaned and refused to perform over sound issues in 1993, they would not have the status they have secured today.

PRODIGAL SUN

Reading through the comments, it sounds like there's a noise curfew in that city that shutdown the concert. Wu-Tang to blame for showing up 2 hours late and not doing a soundcheck before the concert.

They were late to their own show!
    They were at the hotel and wouldn't leave until they got the rooms they wanted.
    Kudos to all the opening performers who held the show together! The show was all them.
    The venue stayed open an hour and a half late just so we could see wu tang get on stage, noise curfew shut the show down not the sound quality.

Veteran Member

"steak-eating, burger, rib-eating fat mother fucker..."

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gitche Manito View Post
    GZA was mad because he has no voice and the mic couldn't make up for it
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gitche Manito View Post
    Cappa killed it as he always does .
    Cappadonna is so wack !

Ahahahwhaha

LOL

We probably don't know the whole story. If you knew how frustrating it would be with a fucked up sound, you would talk different. Three years ago I went to a KRS One concert with no sound engineer and my ears got really fucked up towards the end of the show. A good sound engineer = essential for good show.

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by madchild View Post
    Reading through the comments, it sounds like there's a noise curfew in that city that shutdown the concert. Wu-Tang to blame for showing up 2 hours late and not doing a soundcheck before the concert.
    If legends like Big Daddy Kane, O.C., Masta Ace, Beatnuts, Jeru da Damaja come on time to perform in my hometown, there is NO reason for GZA for throwing a hissy fit and not start on time. Now that's stupid from the wu...
    bring back begongo!!

GZA was over 2 hours late last time I saw him perform. that was ages ago, he brought no energy on stage so I didn't go see him again afterwards
    Retired.