Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fantastic 4 (2015)

Default Fantastic 4 (2015)

Not sure if theres a thread already made for this Fan 4 flick (2015)

here are the trailers

courtesy of Bobby_Digital72

Non Ignorants

Banned

Hope they do it right this time, because all of the portrayals were shit (especially DOOM) int he 2005/2007 versions, aside from how The Thing & Johnny Storm were done.

So far so good though IMO, but the actress they picked for Sue Storm annoys the shit out of me from House of Cards & American Horror Story: Murder House.

Maybe opinion will change after its released

Im still a bit on the fence about this flick.
    Im not a fan of how they made/portrayed Dr Doom in this.
    I dont like the mask, it kinda reminds me of an offspring between electro & AI. not to mention that hes an angry blogger?

I feel its more of a sci fi film billed as fan 4?!

I think if it didn't carry the title Fan 4 , ppl wouldn't be hating on it.
    Last edited by chiba; 04-21-2015 at 06:38 PM.

Non Ignorants

doesn't seem to following much of the original plotlines unless I missed some alternative universe type thing, who can keep up with all of those

I hope they don't bring in DOOM (as DOOM) too late into the movie

all of the Fan4 movies have been crap to a degree, Fantastic 4 II had some redeemable qualities

best DOOM performance was actually in that movie they made to keep the rights to the characters, story line was pretty faithful to the original plot too. too bad the production values and some performances were not up to standard

I've said this before here, I think they should do a DOOM movie situated in Latveria with Fan 4 as smaller characters, focusing on the DOOM origin (with the gypsy stuff and travels too) and DOOM as a ruler, Fan 4 coming in to help the people in an uprising. also have DOOM's son in there somehow (they could work it out with the plot I'm sure)

I think studios are too afraid to make a comic book movie that focuses on villains more so than their superhero counterparts, maybe the material is better suited for a mini series or a one season show, HBO or Netflix or the likes.

I'm looking forward to Sony releasing the Sinister Six and Venom movies in that regard, Sony seems to be the only studio willing to take that bet. I think they will be proven right be the fans, I'm sure they'll turn up in droves for those movies. will be more interesting than another spidey reboot (that first reboot by Marc Webb was pretty pathetic)
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 04-21-2015 at 12:36 PM.
    Retired.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rev Jones View Post
    I think studios are too afraid to make a comic book movie that focuses on villains more so than their superhero counterparts, maybe the material is better suited for a mini series or a one season show, HBO or Netflix or the likes.
    exactly.

doesn't seem to following much of the original plotlines unless I missed some alternative universe type thing, who can keep up with all of those

I hope they don't bring in DOOM (as DOOM) too late into the movie

all of the Fan4 movies have been crap to a degree, Fantastic 4 II had some redeemable qualities

best DOOM performance was actually in that movie they made to keep the rights to the characters, story line was pretty faithful to the original plot too. too bad the production values and some performances were not up to standard

I've said this before here, I think they should do a DOOM movie situated in Latveria with Fan 4 as smaller characters, focusing on the DOOM origin (with the gypsy stuff and travels too) and DOOM as a ruler, Fan 4 coming in to help the people in an uprising. also have DOOM's son in there somehow (they could work it out with the plot I'm sure)

I'm looking forward to Sony releasing the Sinister Six and Venom movies in that regard, Sony seems to be the only studio willing to take that bet. I think they will be proven right be the fans, I'm sure they'll turn up in droves for those movies. will be more interesting than another spidey reboot (that first reboot by Marc Webb was pretty pathetic)
    Yup, I think Fan 4 shouldve went on netflix.
    i think they just did this movie to keep the rights?

Id have to see more to motivate me to go to the theaters.

im looking forward to the spidey movie produced by Marvel.
    Feigie said It wont be another origins story. So its gonna be interesting what angle they will take. Im sure it will lead into civil war.

I liked the amazing spiderman movies. Its just preference I guess.
    I liked Garfield as spiderman over mcguire. again its my personal preferance. I dont hate the other spidey flicks with mcguire (aside from part 3 which im sure everyone agrees that it fell off )

I dunno if fox scrapped the sinister 6 movie or pushed it back?

Eventualy Fox will get it right

Non Ignorants

^^I seem to have gotten the studios wrong

Amazing Spiderman 2 was much better than 1 to me, Electro was portrayed in a much more interesting way (his motives I mean) than the Lizard in the first installment. also I was tired of seeing another origin story in the first installment of the reboot

Garfield performed well as Spidey, but I also like McGuire's performance a lot

Raimi's Spidey 3 tried to incorporate too many characters, they could have pulled it off but they had needed a better scenario

for me personally : Raimi's Spidey 2 > Raimi's Spidey 1 > Amazing Spidey 2 > Raimi's Spidey 3 > Amazing Spidey 1
    Retired.

Banned

Garfield performed well as Spidey, but I also like McGuire's performance a lot
    Agree w/garfield, hated TM along with the broad who played MJ

Raimi's Spidey 3 tried to incorporate too many characters, they could have pulled it off but they had needed a better scenario
    Hated the faggy emo thing.....really really turned me off the whole movie al2gether....

for me personally : Raimi's Spidey 2 > Raimi's Spidey 1 > Amazing Spidey 2 > Raimi's Spidey 3 > Amazing Spidey 1

Spidey 2 was def the best, followed by ASM 2

and this thread turned to a spiderman thread. HAHA. jk.

it looks alot more serious than the 1st 2 movies, also the tone seems to be more dark.

I'm excited for it. We can't all have avenger quality movies, especially as this is not in the MCU. I hope Doom looks better than what they just previewed though, like maybe thats his earlier stage.

Nice to see the change of ben grimm not being a huge guy, but he is a bit too skinny to be the thing for me haha.

i hope it does well, im sure johnny storm with be the star.

Throw Ya W's Up!
    Propz To Sean For Kickin' The God A Siggy

stick around till the very end of the extended trailer lol
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 08-04-2015 at 08:43 PM.
    Retired.

Ive been reading that this movie has gotten alot of bad/negative reviews by mvie critics

not a good look on fox

they are not pushing this flick at all.
    no merchandise, not much promo, not big sponsors picking up the trailer.

Non Ignorants

{>____<}

9% Rotten Tomatoes.

Let me guess. Another reboot?

over where I live in Buttfuckistan they are only releasing this on the 26th I see, might as well stream it as people are saying it is doodoo

was planning on going to the theater for this originally. I'll stick to Ant-Man & MI:4 then
    Retired.

Terry Cloth Rudolph Joint Sky Blue Bally Kid's Avatar

They're saying this is the worst superhero movie ever made, even worse than the Super Mario Bros movie lol.

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

what do you expect when it tried to live up to the original Fantastic Four movie from the 90's? It couldn't fill those shoes obviously.

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/sho...ight=fantastic