Thread: Help me out

Default Help me out

I have noticed that black film makers never make films like star wars or 300. I have only seen urban,drug,disfunctional family,church,disfucntinal marriage ,style movies but never movies out side of those boxes some horror but not an all black cast for Egyptian scify movies. why is that?
    killafifth.wordpress.com

Fantastic Four & Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer both had a black director.

-

What black director did those movies?

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

The Smell of The Future LORD NOSE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by killafifth View Post
    I have noticed that black film makers never make films like star wars or 300. I have only seen urban,drug,disfunctional family,church,disfucntinal marriage ,style movies but never movies out side of those boxes some horror but not an all black cast for Egyptian scify movies. why is that?

initially having the budget it takes to make movies of that caliber for us wasn't even a thought.

Hollywood refuses to allow any positive images of "Black People" to be promoted
    with their financial backing.

Now that we can fund ourselves.....any positive and or powerful images portrayed in any of the movies we had made in the past got over looked mostly or received bad reviews by respected critics

and those who made such movies, all of a sudden began to have their character assassinated in the media/news.

those of us who know better and want better refuse to cooperate with each other in order for us to have something for us
    we always give the culture away ...trying to include everyone.

notice that dancing is not a big part of Hip Hop anymore....why not?

The Smell of The Future LORD NOSE's Avatar

Like if Oprah and Cosby were to put their funds together to make a Movie called "The Bible" using an all Black Cast and using Wesley Snipes as Jesus, and Idris Alba as Moses this would cause a rage in white america. there would be some that would think that it's cute that americas monkeys are dressing up like biblical characters.

They might not display rage, but they don't value you nor do they take you serious - but who gives a fuck about what they like - right ?

we don't need to make any more movies anyway - what Black America needs to do is get the fuck out of this fucked up situation - making movie, making money, and buying shit is not going to get us free

Banned

What black director did those movies?
    How come you never google these questions?
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

-

Lord Nose speaking the truth. There does need to be more black directors and black actors need to put their money together to start their own movie companies and do the movies they wanna do. Stop going to movie companies in Hollywood trying to get whites to finance your movies because whites have never cared about black movies. Tyler Perry gets a lot of criticism because of his movies making blacks look bad. But how is it that he's the only black director/actor who owns his movie studio? Look at how long Spike Lee has been making movies and he has to go to Kickstarter website to borrow money from strangers to make movies hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Then he has the nerve to complain about Tyler's movies making blacks look bad and Spike's movies have cursing, sex and violence LOL. Tyler's movies don't have that.

I was watching a Ice Cube interview yesterday at Big Boy's radio station in Los Angeles and he was talking about the status of another Friday movie. He said Chris Tucker has agreed to be in it but Ice Cube, Chris and the rest of the cast from the first one are waiting on New Line Cinema to give them the money to make the movie. Ice Cube said he can't make the movie because New Line Cinema don't wanna give him and the cast enough money to make it and New Line Cinema owns the rights to the movie. That's sad that New Line Cinema won't give Ice Cube enough money to make the movie even though the first one was made with a small budget and it made New Line Cinema a lot of money LOL. Movie companies are so greedy.

The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

lol

-

What's funny?

Retired.

-

I wouldn't put Master P's movies in this discussion because those movies suck LOL. I'm talking about black movies that are done with good black actors and done by good black directors. It's amazing to me that Spike Lee, John Singleton, The Hughes Brothers, Bill Duke, Robert Townsend, Mario Van Peebles and Antoine Fuqua are the last few black directors that have been around since the 80's and 90's because most black directors don't last that long. There's lots of independent black movies that have come straight to video that most blacks don't know about and they're good movies. I've seen a lot of them.