Thread: Summer Movies Aren't Good Anymore

-

Default Summer Movies Aren't Good Anymore

I miss the days of the 90's when there was a lot of good summer movies coming out especially action movies like Another 48 Hours with Nick Nolte and Eddie Murphy, The Terminator 2, Die Hard 2, Speed with Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock, Lethal Weapon 2, Road House with Patrick Swayze, The Rookie with Clint Eastwood and Charlie Sheen. Spike Lee's Do The Right Thing came out in the summer of 1989 even though it's not a action movie but it's a classic. There aren't a lot of action movies coming out anymore during the summer and that's sad. The last couple of action movies i saw during the summer the last few years were The Expendables 1,2,3, Fast and The Furious 1,2,4,5,6,7, The Last Stand and Sabotage with Arnold Schwarzenegger. I saw previews recently for a new Transporter movie but Jason Statham isn't in it. A white actor is replacing him who I've never seen. I liked the previews and I wanna see it. Rap group NWA's Straight Outta Compton is coming out in August and I wanna see it.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

The last good summer movie to come out was probably Summer Rental.

A white actor is replacing jason statham in the transporter?

WTF this cant be life

-

Yeah Jason is being replaced. Have you seen The Transporter tv show? I watched a little bit of one episode and it was kinda boring. So I haven't seen the rest of the episodes.

The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

I heard they might come out with a remake of Summer Rental and have a white actor replace John Candy. Another solid summer movie is Fraternity Vacation. Better off Dead is also good, but I guess that's not a summer moviie.

Banned

^ Agreed.....I can tolerate 1, 4 & 6 is a bit of a guilty pleasure and will prob see 7 just for the sake of, but yes they are garbage...

Dunno, this summer seems decent for flicks:

- Avengers: AOU
    - South Paw
    - Fantastic 4 (caught my interest, but hope its done properly)
    - Terminator Genisys (will prob be awful but I have a soft spot for Arnie flicks :P)

Not bad so far....

New Jurassic Park

-

I wanna see Summer Rental with John Candy. I like some of his movies like Planes Trains and Automobiles, The Great Outdoors and Uncle Buck.

Quote Originally Posted by KATO View Post
    ^ Agreed.....I can tolerate 1, 4 & 6 is a bit of a guilty pleasure and will prob see 7 just for the sake of, but yes they are garbage...

Dunno, this summer seems decent for flicks:

- Avengers: AOU
    - South Paw
    - Fantastic 4 (caught my interest, but hope its done properly)
    - Terminator Genisys (will prob be awful but I have a soft spot for Arnie flicks :P)

Not bad so far....
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob check two Rebadow View Post
    New Jurassic Park
    ill add Antman, Mission Impossible:Rogue Nation, Ted 2, to that list

apparently theres gonna be a crouching tiger hidden dragon part 2 sometime in august?

courtesy of Bobby_Digital72

Non Ignorants

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bob check two Rebadow View Post
    New Jurassic Park
    fuck yea forgot about that one

Quote Originally Posted by chiba View Post
    ill add Antman, Mission Impossible:Rogue Nation, Ted 2, to that list

apparently theres gonna be a crouching tiger hidden dragon part 2 sometime in august?
    CTHD 2 will be on Netflix the same time it's released in theatres.....apparently they are trying an experiment by doing this similar to 'The Interview'.

Forgot that the new Mad Max is coming out this summer too, no?

-

I already saw Mad Max and Mad Max 3 with Mel Gibson. So I don't wanna see the new one with Charlize Theron even though I love Charlize and I wanna have sex with her LOL. I just saw at another website that there's gonna be another Fast and the Furious movie and it's coming out in April 2017 hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Eagle Eye, you can't be serious that the Fast and the Furious sequels suck. 1,2,4,5,6,7 are good. I just think they need to stop making them because 7 sequels are enough and Vin Diesel needs to do other action movies because he's really being one dimensional only doing Fast and the Furious sequels. I guess he doesn't care what movie critics think about him doing those sequels and nothing else LOL.