Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Raekwon: "I知 Better Than I Was 20 Years Ago"

Default Raekwon: "I知 Better Than I Was 20 Years Ago"

On "F.I.L.A.," The Chef teams up with Rick Ross, French Montana, A$AP Rocky, 2 Chainz and others.
    After two years of preparation and putting it aside for other matters, Raekwon is ready to release his sixth studio album Fly International Luxurious Art (F.I.L.A.).

In a new interview featured in XXL's spring 2015 issue, Raekwon shares that he was ready to give the album in, but ultimately he decided to put it "on the shelf for a minute to work on [Wu-Tang痴] Better Tomorrow with the guys."

With F.I.L.A. set to be released April 28, The Chef breaks down the album's title, its recording process and why he has more than 10 features on it.
    "When I made this album it was just more about focusing on the production, but as I finished it, I came up with that title because I kind of felt like that痴 where I am at today," Raekwon says. "I felt like I was a fly dude doing it and I知 also an internationally-known artist. My art is basically luxury. The name just came together: Fly International Luxurious Art."

Raekwon says being associated with the genre for over two decades has only inspired him to "step the bar up."
    "You know, when you a legend, it ain稚 easy to still be around, so that kind of gives me the ability to still go out there and push it all the way to the limit because of how people look at me," he says. "Being in the game for a long time can only make me a more passionate artist and that痴 where I知 at. It痴 like I知 better than I was 20 years ago in my eyes, so it痴 more about celebrating and showing people that I am still here with a more latch on the music I love."

On F.I.L.A.,The Chef teams up with Rick Ross, French Montana, A$AP Rocky and 2 Chainz, among others. Many of the aforementioned artists were not in Hip Hop when Raekwon released his debut album, Only Built 4 Cuban Linx..., two decades ago. But Rae says when it comes to working with younger, newer artists, "It痴 all about just giving people more excitement to wanting to listen to the album and also looking to gain a bigger fanbase."

"It痴 so important that you grow with time and I like working with dudes as well. I知 a fan, too," he says. "It痴 all about running with the old and the new with me, so I just wanted to make sure I had a presence on there that the new generation could respect as well."
    Retired.

Catering to the new generation. Rae seems desperate for a hit.

Wu-Veteran

Naaaaah...he just diversifying his bonds. #WuTangFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by Raekwon View Post
    "I知 Better Than I Was 20 Years Ago"
    Ahahahahaha

ok Rae, we believe you.

nada ignorante

sure thang
    N.I.

hahahaha delusions

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by puerto rock View Post
    Catering to the new generation. Rae seems desperate for a hit.
    I have to agree
    WU-TANG FOREVER.
    GHANA REPRESENTING

BlessedRThoseWhoStruggle Wu Apprentice's Avatar

Rick Ross
    "The devil trembles when he knows the body is the temple and God is in you
    It's hard to continue when it's hard to offend you
    He snarls and sets traps, that have you setback
    The last round in this death match
    So strengthen where you're best at
    I promise you won't regret that" - Killah Priest

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

Amazing interview, bwahahaha
    bring back begongo!!

It's funny how Rae talks about RZA and all but if you really look at it, he's no different.

Plus he's so delusional and he just looks pathetic collaborating with the likes of 2Chainz, French Montana and others. He's so greedy for money that he's attempting to cross over at the age of what, 44?? Just laughable.

Tactical Expert DYPthaGoldynchild's Avatar

You guys are such assholes smh

Wu-Tang fans, I love y'all, but sometimes ya gotta step out the Wu bubble and see things as they really are.

Rae is absolutely doing the right thing by collaborating with these relevant dudes. Die hard Wu fans might not like it, but let's be real, Wu fans ain't paying the bills no more, and Rae needs to EAT (<--Insert fat joke here).

Of course we all would like to see an album produced by 1997 RZA, 4th Disciple, True Master, etc, with only vintage Wu features, but sadly that type of album wouldn't sell shit nowadays, and no one outside of this forum would even check for it.

Give Rae credit for extending his career and reaching out to young cats and staying somewhat relevant. Why would he want to go back and keep making the same type of albums over and over? "OB4CL2" and "Shaolin vs Wu-Tang" were his attempts at giving the fans what they want. You can debate whether he succeeded or not. The point is, respect his mustache and let the man branch out and try new things.

Your argument is like people wanting LeBron to only play with old-asses like Jordan, Barkley and Shaq. Yeah, they're legends but they ain't in the game no more. Rae still trying to squeeze out one more championship!

PEACE,
    -DYP-
    @DYPgoldynchild on Twitter

http://illegitrecordz.blogspot.com
    >>> OUT NOW: TRUE MASTER "Persian Legacy" Mixtape
    SPANISH JOSE "ZeMental Vol. 3 [DYP Edition]"
    >>> RE-UP: SPANISH JOSE "ZeMental Vol. 2"
    60 SECOND ASSASSIN "The Retrospective"

Quote Originally Posted by DYPthaGoldynchild View Post
    Wu fans ain't paying the bills no more, and Rae needs to EAT
    Quote Originally Posted by DPYthaGoldynchild View Post
    we all would like to see an album produced by 1997 RZA, 4th Disciple, True Master, etc, with only vintage Wu features, but sadly that type of album wouldn't sell shit nowadays, and no one outside of this forum would even check for it.
    Seriously.....You could sell as many records as vanilla ice in his prime, and have a hundred mil in the bank, but you will be nothing more than a sell out punk, who sacrificed his integrity for cream.

IMO, There is no amount of money that can make up for that !

93-97 Wu tang Forever !

Just to add:

Who said you can't keep it real and still be successful ??? What, A mountain climber who plays an electric guitar But he don't know the meaning of dope When he's looking for a suit and tie rap that's cleaner than a bar of soap And I'm the dirtiest thing in sight Matter of fact bring out the girls and let's have a mud fight. Ahahahha

It's time for a 'Industry Takeover' to take it back to the streets where the crooks belong.

And if doing collabo's with Beiber ect..... is where it's @ in regards to making cream, then I would rather stay broke.

Peace
    Last edited by zooruka; 04-22-2015 at 08:02 PM.