Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Raekwon - "F.I.L.A." album discussion thread

Default Raekwon - "F.I.L.A." album discussion thread

From what I gather it is now available so discuss here

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

A couple of songs on there that knock from what I've heard, but it's probably not enough to make me wanna buy the LP...but best of luck to the Chef & I hope it does well. Peace!

Wu-Veteran

"Nautilus" is HARD!!!!!

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

Do not want.

Just doesn't appeal to me.
    bring back begongo!!

I've heard something like 4-5 song and I enjoyed maybe like 1 maximally 2. I'mma give a shot to this album cus it's a Rae's shit, but I don't expect it to be a classic at all.

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

The album fucking sucks! Rae needs to shut his fucking mouth already. This album is sleepy in all aspects.

Wu-Veteran

hey i dont agree with every thing he says, does or every beat he picks..but this album isnt bad at all..

L- Loss
    M-Middle
    W- Win

intro
    4 in the morning - decent but nothing special. M

I Got Money- annoying on first listen..i like it tho. Asap verse is nice W

Wall To Wall- its ok..but not a single M

Heated Nights- Dope. Rae doing what Rae do. W

FILA world- the beat is weird ..i dunno..i think i gotta wake up in Japan high somewhere to really feel this one. L

1,2 1,2 - nothing special..beat is nothing to be hype about imo M

Live To Die- Hard. He aiming at someone here? W

Soundboy Kill It- Never really liked this. L

Revory- SERIOUS BANGER RIGHT HERE!! W

All About You- Old track but always liked the summer vibe it has. W

Nautilus- HEAVY BANGER..sounds like some Dre shit W

Worst Enemy- Hard. Nice track W

out of 12 songs = 7 wins , 3 Middle, 2 Losses

album is a win IMO

mix the playlist up with a few other joints like Turkey, Gamble, Living Room 2, Break Fruit and you have a banger on your hands.

Quote Originally Posted by JZA/Jordon View Post
    The album fucking sucks! Rae needs to shut his fucking mouth already. This album is sleepy in all aspects.
    Yo I definitely agree. I honestly must say, this is pitiful and embarrassing yo. Not just the album either, but Raekwon himself. His entire position as of late is fake yo. So this is what he wanted "A Better Tomorrow" to sound like. These are the producers and hard beats he wanted that represent the rawness that he said "A Better Tomorrow" lacked. Shit is pathetic yo. Now I understand more clearly why he complained about The Rza's direction. Left up to him, he would have had all of these garbage pop rappers on the clan album. As well as these producers. I did a post not too long ago that got deleted, where I talked about how the fact that it's embarrassing that Raekwon and other members have dissed the clan albums. They're own albums that they're on. My point was that that's what's making the clan look bad. That, and shit like this yo. Complaining about the clan album's quality not being raw enough, then you drop the softest wannna be pop rap shit with a slew of the wackest pop rappers. It's funny to me that people seem to give Raekwon support and credit for potentially being able to orchestrate a classic clan album. Particularly one without The Rza's direction. In my opinion, all you have to do is take one listen to this album, or even just skim through it. When you hear French Montana talking about his money stacked up wall to wall, and 2 Chainz screaming "2 Chainz", you'll want no part of Raekwon spearheading any project, let alone a clan album.

"The Mathematician Who Calculated God From Nigga"

-The Rza

Veteran Member

Some songs sound like mixtape quality.

Wu-Veteran

alot of you guys commenting have zero insight as to what is going on...

Rae knows what Wutang is and what it means to the fans. When it comes to a wutang album..hes like of you guys like "yo shit gotta be hard. Shit gotta be triomph level..like what they know us 4." RzA aint tryna do that.

Rae as a solo artist...he can do whatever the fuck he wants. He delivered cl2, SvW, countless mixtapes of hard shit. Let em experiment. He supposed to make the same damn album every year? Man gotta pay his bills, stay on his game and live as long as he can in this business in 2015. 2015!!!! did you honestly think wu would be this hot now back then?? incredible. Enjoy the new music

I like this album, it has more of a commercial appeal than that Wu Tang sound some of you jerk off to but I still like it.

Having listened a few Times i think Rae did his thing here. It is probably the first time in the 2000s that a Clan number has manager to update his sound according to whats hot right now and actually pulled it off. Compared to Tical 0, MR. Xcitement, LDS, etc., this one actually workworks in todays commercial music climate... And there's still some shit for his older fans.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Platypi on the swarm!! RUSHING PLATYPUS's Avatar

Weak. Couple decent tracks, but a lot of shitty ones. And that album cover!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Illgod View Post
    Yo I definitely agree. I honestly must say, this is pitiful and embarrassing yo. Not just the album either, but Raekwon himself. His entire position as of late is fake yo. So this is what he wanted "A Better Tomorrow" to sound like. These are the producers and hard beats he wanted that represent the rawness that he said "A Better Tomorrow" lacked. Shit is pathetic yo. Now I understand more clearly why he complained about The Rza's direction. Left up to him, he would have had all of these garbage pop rappers on the clan album. As well as these producers. I did a post not too long ago that got deleted, where I talked about how the fact that it's embarrassing that Raekwon and other members have dissed the clan albums. They're own albums that they're on. My point was that that's what's making the clan look bad. That, and shit like this yo. Complaining about the clan album's quality not being raw enough, then you drop the softest wannna be pop rap shit with a slew of the wackest pop rappers. It's funny to me that people seem to give Raekwon support and credit for potentially being able to orchestrate a classic clan album. Particularly one without The Rza's direction. In my opinion, all you have to do is take one listen to this album, or even just skim through it. When you hear French Montana talking about his money stacked up wall to wall, and 2 Chainz screaming "2 Chainz", you'll want no part of Raekwon spearheading any project, let alone a clan album.

^^ This^^

I've just finished listening to FILA. The only tracks that captured my attention were "I Got Money", "Wall to Wall" (French Montana's part is whack though) and "1,2, 1,2" with Snoop Dogg and perhaps "Worst Enemy". The rest of tracks were ok, but to be honest I don't think I'll want to listen to this album often.

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)